It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion for thread posting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
We have all seen a lot of threads about hate and baiting on ATS.
I think a lot of the issues could be solved very easily.
ATM any member can post straight to the board. There eventualy a mod views it or receives a complaint about it and then decides what to do with it. options being,'
Left where it is,
moved to another forum, or board bussiness,bts etc.
closed and or 404 post.

Before all this occurs a lot of trouble can erupt..

My suggestion would be that threads are NOT automatiically posted to the board but instead are first censored by ATS staff, then if worthy they post to board. Maybe at this point a Mod could suggest a few changes to make it suitable.

Members may think this is censorship but that is already the case, Mods already do this but just after its been posted.
ATS owners will say the staff and Mods are already to busy but thats wrong.
This could actually cut down on the pressure on Mods.
Its like a Nightclub owner saying his security staff are too busy to stand at the front door scrutinizing who enters because they have their hands full handling the fights and trouble inside..

It would also stop the clutter of useless threads and eventually members will learn to post to a higher standard..

Like my Gran use to say, "An ounze of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

Anyways, just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I disagree.

If I were to ask for anything, I'd ask for less censorship.

I prefer the Youtube style chat format.

Where only the strong survive.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

My suggestion doe not alter censorship, just when it is applied..

Zero censorship and ATS would be just like the rest..

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I cant believe this. I try to offer a reasonable solution to help ATS and no one replies..

Maybe I should have just posted a rant about how good ATS use to be without giving my idea of a solution..

Or maybe it's because I dont already have 1000 flags and haven't been here for 5 years that no one replies...

Either way, I give up...Why bother. Lets just let ATS go down deeper and deeper then the old members will have something to complain about and get more stars in the process...

My rant is over.....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Or maybe it's because I dont already have 1000 flags and haven't been here for 5 years that no one replies...

You know sometimes I feel the exact same as you do right now.

Of course most people are asleep or going to work right now, so 95% of your potential readers are simply not on ATS right now. But besides that, I still kind of agree.

I have seen a lot of people that get 'cult personalities' and tons of 'groupies' form behind them, always following them and bumping their threads all the time.

I personally feel that I have no popularity. That's not a bad thing though! It means I don't have to conform to anyone, and I can always just be me.

For example, I have written what I consider to be many good threads and they were totally ignored and no one bothered really replying to it at all. Even after I did hours of painstaking research put into them and putting it all together into a nice thread format.

But the other day I wrote a thread that hit a "hot button social issue" right in the nose, and it did gather a little bit of attention. It's sad because the "most popular thread I ever wrote" was a 15minute rant about something. Whereas when I spend hours writing a superb research thread that details facts and proves the Mainstream Media is full of crap, it gets totally ignored lol.

Just to prove my point, and show that the harder you work the less it pays off (in social perspectives), I will link a few just so you can see what I mean.

WARNING AntiViral Drugs may Kill You!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've even promoted this thread in various other threads, and still to no avail haha! But it's all true stuff, and incredibly important. And it shows how the mainstream media pushes pharmaceuticals without warning people of the dangers.

Or this thread:
Native America - the First Melting Pot
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tons of research, scored 9 flags over a year lol. I was happy with 9 flags, I figured that was a lot for me personally.

The only threads I have had ANY luck with, are absurd or ridiculous one's where people can just come in and rant or whatever. No research required for attention I guess.

Yeah it's sad. But that's why I always pay more attention to less well known people's comments. Because the less popular people always seem to be smarter or have better points than the 'more popular' types.

Go figure.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Thanks mate...trying to post a reasonable idea here is a waste of time..

Like you say, rants and catchy thread titles, along with ATS God posts is the only way to go...

Think I'll go back to just reading the posts that I like and screw this getting involved scene

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
CynicalM

I wouldn't worry too much, most people won't have read this thread because they are not on 24/7....

Maybe however you upset a few when you posted the following below on a thread I had regarding having a 'STAR' and a 'anti-star' for threads....

Didn't bother me, I don't really worry too much about what others think of me, but maybe it offended some of the softer centres on this site..

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

" posted on 15-8-2010 @ 07:33 PM single this post

reply to post by m0r1arty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some posters find it hard enough just typing and you want to give them 4 buttons?

Nice theory though...
Ya missed one..
5)boring post with all copy/paste... "

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Thanks mate...trying to post a reasonable idea here is a waste of time..

Like you say, rants and catchy thread titles, along with ATS God posts is the only way to go...

Think I'll go back to just reading the posts that I like and screw this getting involved scene

I would suggest get involved in those "good threads".

So we can help bring awareness to them.

There are smart people here, but like you, they choose not to post much.

I would like it if you post in them, even if you say "I agree because of this and this" or "My theory goes a little like this...".

It will help bring some of the more reasonable threads to the surface.

Don't give up! Your brain contains information I must find out about one day so that I can learn more things! Sorry for being greedy with your brain.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Please add your suggestions to ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the futurethread.

Closed.

top topics

join