It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in a cloud??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
*Bump*

Very interesting thread, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention.

Showed it to my father who works for the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (for more then 35 years) but he couldn't make heads or tails of the vids.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've just been looking at this again and I must say it's one of the strangest things I've seen, I looked at the video hosts youtube channel and expected to see other similar topics but instead all there were was home movies...

I think this is a genuine phenomenon that needs more research and I would suggest other members to download the video.

I would ask ATS to help explain what we are looking at.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Where are the Ufologists

This is one of the most interesting videos I've seen, It appears to me that we have some type of light portal or light Mass and a UFO that materializes from the light source.

People get your eyes on this!!!

It's at the begining of the video:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Thats not the only spot where you will see the phenomena but nice anigif!

2nd line..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by warlok

On six occasions this "EYE" seems to appear:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
looks like a precise sun reflection as the cloud builds. The light seems to be on the top back side of clouds add ice crystals in the cloud and you could get a magnified effect of sunlight causing the effect.
It doesn't look electrical to me rather than reflective light.

No, its definently not that, you get different effects. Halos and sundogs are the phenomena we see with this kind of thing.

Im thinking now that the only thing it could be is CGI, if not authentic. If it was then this is some of th best footage Ive seen recently

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yeah, the lights are awesome and cool and who knows what they are ... Best stuff i've seen!... But, am I the only one noticing like a spherical shape of clearness that comes out from the cloud where the lights are eminating on the second vid??

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Yeah but a little lower there's some action too, it's not only that spot. Again: nice anigif!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

Yep, saw that too.. Strange footage to say the least..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Very nice post Seventytwo. I also noticed in the second video right at the 1:15 mark the same type of light does a sweeping motion just like how the light from a lighthouse moves. Maybe you can do the same animated at that point.
This light movement also reminds me of the ones found in the first video.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by RavenX]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenX

Thanks Raven

That sweeping motion happens six times, look at the Eye shape that opens and closes in my second gif, it is this that is happening behind the clouds.

So far I've posted two images of this Eye closing and a spherical object that appears.

The shape is like the Vesica pisces or an Eye and it looks like a portal, It's quite amazing!!

this is the best evidence I've ever seen regarding Ufos and I'm somewhat staggered that other members are ignoring this

If this video is genuine then what we have is proof of something extraordinary.

I would also like the ATS team to discuss this video and bump this thread.

Real or fake? we need to find out!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by warlok

I'm going through the video step by step.

There are six flashes.
After each flash two arched beams of light overlap each other and looks like an Eye closing
Two objects are visible leaving the eye when it closes.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

OMG! This is really freaking me out! I haven't seen anything so far that is anything close to this. Thanks for looking at this more closely.
I can see what your pointing out. What the hell is that?
What else do I need to do to bump up this thread. (I am kinda new at this, thanks in advance for the direction)

Keep lookin up

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
No offense, although i was under the interpretation that this site provided information worth the heavy content contributors their time.

edit: odd ?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
2nd one is very interesting. Very strange and has my attention.
Thanks for bringing this to us.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I dont know too much about clouds an weather.
But is it possible that some high winds (as it sounds in the video)
pushed a cloud that is further back behind what we see, but at high
rate and force that allowed more light from the sun to penetrate?

This combined with a possible camera adjustment due to more light
creates this illusion/phenomenon?!

I'm stumped. Throwing turds on the wall.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm at a loss with ATS..

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
@ 54s on the second vid, the light appears to blast the clouds. Watch the trajectory of the clouds increase after the light pulse.

One thing for sure in the second vid, the lightsource definitely is not comming from the ground.

C-BuZz

[edit on 20-8-2010 by C-BuZz]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is a fantastic find. All I can think of is some kind of electrical / plasma discharge happening between the top of the cloud and the high-altitude cirrus clouds above them. Or at least, whether or not they're technically cirrus, in both videos the light seems to be between the thunderhead and higher, more wispy clouds. Maybe it's an electrical exchange that's drawn out and "slowed down" by the low density of the air at that height?

Here's something similar, I guess, to what I'm thinking of. It's a specific type of plasma ball where the beams are coming from the bottom of the sphere, so they have to travel a longer distance:

Pay particular attention to when the person puts his/her hand on the glass at around 30 sec. Notice how much the beams are slowed down, but will quickly switch and change once in a while. The OP's videos might be like this but on a much larger and more exaggerated scale. This could also explain why, in the second video, the wispy high-altitude clouds seem to be getting "blasted" away by the light - if they were exchanging ions with the storm clouds, it might explain why they're dissipating.

But frankly I'm no meteorologist. This is just the closest thing I could think of. Honestly I'm still confused by what appears to be directed light reflecting off the surrounding clouds in those videos. An electrical discharge would light things up in all directions, not just one direction. It's really quite fascinating to watch and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is much more going on here than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seventytwo

this is the best evidence I've ever seen regarding Ufos and I'm somewhat staggered that other members are ignoring this

If this video is genuine then what we have is proof of something extraordinary.

I would also like the ATS team to discuss this video and bump this thread.

Real or fake? we need to find out!!

I wouldn't assume that everyone is ignoring it. That's just how it is, without much to compare it with all we can do is speculate.

I have seen some similar effects though not on video enabling me to replay it like this. Just looks like an unusual weather phenomenon of merging clouds or passing at close proximity back lit by the sun to create the illusion. If you've every watched large storm cloud banks with a background and or foreground of clear sky during a sunset there is the tendency of interesting lighting effects like we see here.

Weather is certainly more likely than an Armada of alien spacecraft from an unknown origin creating clouds to cloak their presence.

Perhaps a professional meteorologist could take a good crack at it if anybody knows one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join