It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illusion of a ‘limited war’ against Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The range of predictable responses available to the IRGC high command include dramatic hit ad run attacks against military and commercial shipping in the Persian Gulf, the use of mid-range ballistic missiles against American bases in the region and Israel and a direct assault on American forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. All these options are likely to be used within 48 hours of the start of hostilities

This would be a war likely to last for many months , perhaps even escalating into a "world war". One thing is certain, Israels military would be devastated.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I think you need to flush this out some more. There are at least some other things not mentioned here.

What? What? Like a hungry kitten at the back door.

Hesbollah will deliver the response if Bushehr is taken out.

Things could get hot soon.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

I think you are correct about Hezbollah. Syria should not be discounted either.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If USA has any sanity left they are not even serious when they threaten Iran. From the way things seem to fold i think it is a safe bet to say that all the talk against Iran is just that, talk. Just like north korea is talking much, so will the other nations. Its called Propaganda.

USA knows Iran is not something you just invade. Even if the conflict would not spread to other countries, USA would suffer big losses if they want to invade Iran.

If we are not talking about invasion, but artillery/missile strikes against nuclear installations, they know that would be a green card for Iran to launch out a full-on attack. Iran would not even dream about invading USA, but they sure would take control over afghanistan and iraq. USA has some major military presence over there, but nothing that would stand up against Iran.

top topics

join