It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver officials clash over police discipline after brutal video released

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

I'm hugely surprised that leo's aren't being shot left right and centre.

Surprisingly, most yanks leave their guns at home. Most states don't allow open or concealed carry without a license. Texas changed the law a couple of years ago and made it legal for everybody to carry a gun in their car when "traveling". The statute changed on using your firearm on a LEO as well. Nowadays, if you're a licensed weapons holder the LEOs are a whole lot more respectful at traffic stops and greatly amenable to issuing warnings rather than citations. Just saying.

gj

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

i had thought that quote was geared twords the person attacked not the cop as far as the charges droped part they admited that the victim hadent done anything to deserve charges but that was my take

now if they allready dropped charges against the cop thats nonsense and its time for a civial suit!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

O i got it the other way round! the kids father is a Sheriff am i right? so how come hes not after the city cops who done that to his son? i guess hes afraid of reprisals..does my head in!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The camera operator should be disciplined for turning the camera away while the police were beating that poor man. Second line.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This disgust me. I have been a long time speaker against the police.

This video shows the sick abuse police hand out these days for nothing. Yet all they get is a slap on the wrist. FIRED? Who cares. A stint in Jail for a few years and not being given protection like police in jail are afforded.

I want police to fear the repercussions just like normal members of the public fear the repercussions of committing a crime.

These police need a serious and highly severe wake up call. And without saying what is on my mind directly I believe it should be enough to place extreme fear in the very mans soul.

To all police. You need to take you job seriously. What you do is an honor and you should treat it like one. I wish you no peace but instead unrest until you realize the importance of being a protector of people!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Theres a few Cops an ex Cops who are members on ATS! i know because there was a thread awhile back about a Cop looking for sympathy or something like that if anyone can remember the thread put it up! what i would like is for a few off them to come on to this thread an tell us what they think of this outrages behavior!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Of course, the officer lies through his teeth about the incident, which just goes to show how big of a scum-bag this criminal is. Folks, we are no longer at a point where the cops are any better than the alleged criminals they are commissioned to protect us from. In fact, I would even venture to say that they are often worse.

I'm not saying that all cops are bad, though I trust the police about as much as I trust convicted inmates and sometimes even less. At least convicted inmates have repurcussions to their actions.

With all of this being said, this little incident is the tip of the ice-berg. I'm sure, in fact I know, that this type of incident happens far more often than reported on. Think how many times that a camera isn't trained on the incident. Then, out of the few times that it does happen to be caught on camera, how often is the tape released, as opposed to covered up? In fact, I'm sure that the only reason why this wasn't covered up, is because the victim's father is a Deputy Sheriff.

It's a sad day in age, when you have to fear the police over everyone else. It's a sad day in age when the police have turned into the biggest thugs of all.

You see, when you are beat by a cop, there is nothing you can do. Fight back and you could be killed, though at the very least, you will be charged with assault on a police officer. When you are beat by a/ cop/s, nobody is coming to your rescue, not even the friends you are with, as they too will face the same beating and charges. Nine times out of ten, when you are beat by a cop, you can expect little to no justice at all. In fact, the best you can hope for, is to have your frivolous charges dropped and maybe 1/1000 chances (est) to have the cop fired, at most.

The people of America are being terrorized by the very force we commissioned to protect us and there is nothing we can do about it. Instead of taking all of the incidents that have been blown in the open and painting a bigger picture with it, we focus on each one, as if it's an isolated case. This is non-sense and with no other entity in the world, would we cut so much slack.

Again, I'm not saying that all cops are criminal thugs, though many, if not most, actually are and those give a bad name to the force at large. If you go through out life being constantly terrorized by ice-cream vendors, you are going to distrust ice-cream vendors and most likely, you won't patronize ice-cream trucks or establishments. Unfortunately, we can't really escape the police and therefore they are treated with hostility. Is it really that hard to imagine why?

Sadly, the laws are only giving the police more and more powers, making the citizens more and more powerless. They are supposed to serve us, not oppress and/or terrorize us. As time goes on, we can only expect more and more of this and it will only become more and more brutal.

Power to the Public!

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Cop should be charged and the cops on scene who didn't stop him should be charged as his accomplishes. They're just as quilty as he is. Also the camera operator too.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A lot of the wrong type of men an women are attracted to the police force all over the world, a lot join now because there's no work anywhere else these days, i know because my nephew joined just to pay his bills an mortgage!
Another thing that gets me is how people clap an cheer when a police man comes on a chat show on tv! everybody saying how they do such a wonderful job, well have yea ever noticed you only see the cops after most crimes are already committed ! it seems to me there all in there cars just busting other car drivers for tax evasions an other pety crimes! an when they get a call in like this they get pissed off an take it out on everyone around them!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
WTF is wrong with these idiots? Sorry for the language but I'm
right now. Here the idiot spokesman says that the camera turns away because it's on "preset". How effing dumb they think people are? It zooms out and goes out of focus. That's a human in control or the camera is the most useless automated camera ever. HATE.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ok, so few more times of watching the video

Youtube has a good quality video. I didn't embed it because you should really watch this in 720HD. Interesting points:
1) See how the officer is torturing the suspect that is already down before the attack?
2) The other officer who is at the head side of the other suspect actually points out the bystander in cell phone.
3) Where's the police dash cam videos or did elves take them to never never land?
4) What does the thread title have to have in it to get the attention this deserves? Words like Boobs! or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join