It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Nexagon, the super healer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

A gene therapy in the form of a thick gel is about to revolutionize wound treatment. The gel is called Nexagon, and when you apply it to a wound, it reprograms the cells to heal more quickly and efficiently.

Unlike an antibiotic cream, which promotes healing by preventing infection, Nexagon is actually speeding up your body's healing process. Or, in the case of ulcers, it's jumpstarting a healing process that's failed to start. Doctors have been testing Nexagon on people with chronic ulcers on their legs, which are wounds that essentially never heal or take at least six months to do so. After just four weeks, some patients reported they were completely healed up.

[url=http://io9.com/5612381/a-toothpaste+like-gel-that-can-heal-wounds-six-times-faster-than-normal]-->Source

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
interesting find but just how rapid are we talking here. could reprogramming cells to work fast cause problems in the future?

i wonder if it can do something for STDs. lol

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by X9ballX

Well, no doubt, it'll end up causing cancer and/or infertility or whatever. But still, the promise it offers is alluring, particularly if it can decrease the overuse of antibiotics for wound care that doesn't need antibiotics.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
They say that immortality is just around the corner...

"to spend eternity as a mad immortal man"- Rush, Farewell to Kings.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This could be a very good thing, considering what the side affects are, if any at all. Just think about the implications, amputees can have smaller, less visible scars and Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan can heal in record time from their inevitable plastic surgery they will need, considering that their only talent is their physical looks.

I personally have a soft-spot for children and just the other day, I was reading about children who grow up with scars, particularly scars that could have been preventable with modern medical procedures or a clean place to heal. We generally take our looks for granted but growing up with massive scars has to be difficult, especially in the third-world.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Is it another medicine made by Monsanto?

I really enjoy a good healing,

Nothing make you heal,

Medicine just tells the body how to do something it's already capable of doing.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I personally have a soft-spot for children and just the other day, I was reading about children who grow up with scars, particularly scars that could have been preventable with modern medical procedures or a clean place to heal. We generally take our looks for granted but growing up with massive scars has to be difficult, especially in the third-world.

--airspoon

I couldn't have said it any better myself, Spoon. The article acknowledges that the gel is still a little ways off, but with such a relatively fast healing time compared to what would previously take, this is some serious progress. What really tickled me was that the gel was also effective in healing damage to the eye, in the case of the worker who got liquid cement in his eyes. I'm sure that with continued research into this, we may hold a future where people born blind will be able to be able to see for the first time and certain ailments will be a thing of the past.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Another thought, think of all the people who suffer from Diabetes around the world. One of the scariest things that can happen to a Diabetic is neuropathy, which results in nerve damage. Many times these sufferers end up getting cuts and sores on their feet and do not realize it before issues like gangrene set in. This could potentially save limbs in their cases.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by X9ballX

just to make money.

They can do this already with microcurrents look at this horse with a giant wound which did not heal...look at the pictures.

www.midwestmicrocurrent.com...

they healed the wound with 4 pads from a tens type machine.

no placebo effect here.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

neuropathy has been solved...look here.

www.medsonix.info...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This could be a wonder drug - I was thinking of my father who had wounds from WWII, they just wouldn't heal and he lost both legs. It will be great when it gets on the market. Thank you Op for the thread and links. S & F

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
reply to post by Sliadon

neuropathy has been solved...look here.

www.medsonix.info...

I'm going to have to say nay to your post.

From the page you linked, the disclaimer at the bottom...

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended as medical advice. Under no circumstances does this website recommend a particular treatment for specific individuals and in all cases recommends consultation with a physician before pursuing any course of treatment. Medsonix Research Institute, Medsonix, Inc and/or its affiliated companies do not engage in the practice of medicine and therefore makes no claims, representations or warranties to healing of any physical or emotional ailments, diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Registration with the FDA, is not a testament of evaluation and/or endorsement by the same. Individual results may vary-results not typical.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

so?

thats a standard disclaimer on all health websites.

it is common sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon
Another thought, think of all the people who suffer from Diabetes around the world. One of the scariest things that can happen to a Diabetic is neuropathy, which results in nerve damage. Many times these sufferers end up getting cuts and sores on their feet and do not realize it before issues like gangrene set in. This could potentially save limbs in their cases.

-Sliadon

diabetes has been reversed look:-[

www.medsci.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
maybe he can help some people ,i hope that he is really a good healer

new topics

join