It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cannot deny this Unless you are a COMPLETE HYPOCRITE!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Cause when you said we should allow just as many mosques in America as they allow churches in Saudi Arabia, it sure sounded like you thought we should lower our standards of religious tolerance to their level.

If you could not detect the sarcasm and irony in that statement, then maybe you should stick to more elementary debates.

As to the comments by some detractors regarding alleged hatred, all I have done is stated facts that are backed up by solid references, rather than linguistic barbs aimed without purpose. Those who wish to blindly believe that radical Islamic mosques, whose purpose is to destroy America, are not being built in this country, are free to do so. However, the FACTS say otherwise. Nowhere have I shown hatred, merely honesty in presenting facts, backed by studies and investigations.
Name calling does not enhance anyone's argument, and in fact, makes it clear that such is the only weapon in their quiver.
As to the reference to Exodus, I merely responded in kind. Oh, wait a minute, that's an eye for an eye.

Methinks, perhaps some lack an acute sense of humor. I apologize if I gave some a crew-cut.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

Yes, I understand that...however one's feelings have no place so the "proof" is still not there for this particular topic. But, I will agree that both sides play the blame game...kinda like politics, always the blame game. Justification based upon anothers past actions seems to be the norm nowdays, a pity really.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Sure! The US Constitution and Bill of Rights was only meant to apply to Christians after all!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by drwizardphd

As to the comments by some detractors regarding alleged hatred, all I have done is stated facts that are backed up by solid references, rather than linguistic barbs aimed without purpose. Those who wish to blindly believe that radical Islamic mosques, whose purpose is to destroy America, are not being built in this country, are free to do so. However, the FACTS say otherwise. Nowhere have I shown hatred, merely honesty in presenting facts, backed by studies and investigations.

Your facts aren't facts.

So the purpose of a mosque is to destroy America huh?

Show where this is true before you continue further.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

NOT THAT CREATIVE IS IT?

Sure it is. It was MY remark. In addition, it seems you also lack a developed sense of sarcasm and humor. I suggest going to Barnes and Noble and getting one of those books, such as 1001 jokes regarding political debates. It would be a lot more entertaining responding to those, rather than to the senseless name-calling, which does not advance any academic debate.
In the future, if I were you, I would try to come up with a more open-to-debate thread name, rather than "You cannot deny this unless you a a complete hypocrite3".

Maybe you should try something more subtle like "If you don't agree with me, you are a moron, an idiot, a hatemonger, and the Anti-Christ". Oh wait, I bet you take this seriously also. Have a nice night. This non-debate grows weary. Yawn.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

So I have made a post so ingenious that any Christian who disagrees is A COMPLETE HYPOCRITE.

This implies that Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, atheists and any other non-Christian can deny "this" with impunity.

Why would that be?

If so, what does a Christian faith entail that makes it different?

And, I'm not really sure what "this" is. Do you mean that the MSM distorts its representations of people out of favor?

If so, why just Islamists? Can't the same be said about almost ANYTHING or ANYONE out of favore in the MSM?

What makes any of this so special?

Shooting for stars and flags, or making some really deep point?

Please fill me in. I'm all eyes.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

NOT THAT CREATIVE IS IT?

Sure it is. It was MY remark. In addition, it seems you also lack a developed sense of sarcasm and humor. I suggest going to Barnes and Noble and getting one of those books, such as 1001 jokes regarding political debates. It would be a lot more entertaining responding to those, rather than to the senseless name-calling, which does not advance any academic debate.
In the future, if I were you, I would try to come up with a more open-to-debate thread name, rather than "You cannot deny this unless you a a complete hypocrite3".

Maybe you should try something more subtle like "If you don't agree with me, you are a moron, an idiot, a hatemonger, and the Anti-Christ". Oh wait, I bet you take this seriously also. Have a nice night. This non-debate grows weary. Yawn.

Oh so you wish to spam the boards by posting the same thing again and again huh?

Nice way to try to get yourself out of showing your proof from my previous post. But it's not working!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

So I have made a post so ingenious that any Christian who disagrees is A COMPLETE HYPOCRITE.

This implies that Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, atheists and any other non-Christian can deny "this" with impunity.

Why would that be?

If so, what does a Christian faith entail that makes it different?

And, I'm not really sure what "this" is. Do you mean that the MSM distorts its representations of people out of favor?

If so, why just Islamists? Can't the same be said about almost ANYTHING or ANYONE out of favore in the MSM?

What makes any of this so special?

Shooting for stars and flags, or making some really deep point?

Please fill me in. I'm all eyes.

I said that because the original post was towards Christianity. I would have written it differently if the original post was written differently.

But yes your point still stands firm. Just the occasion is all.

Edit to add: no not shooting for stars and flags. The stars and flags button can go away for all it matters. I am trying to prove a point.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Yes, I understand that...however one's feelings have no place so the "proof" is still not there for this particular topic. But, I will agree that both sides play the blame game...kinda like politics, always the blame game. Justification based upon anothers past actions seems to be the norm nowdays, a pity really.

So you understand the basis of my argument.

I changed only 5 words in the entire paragraph and everyone got riled up over it, just shows how hypocritical you can be without knowing.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i get the feeling that this is just another he/she said- he/ she said thread. the teachings do not mean anything, for they are just words not beliefs.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well we are a democratic country and we must uphold our traditions. I believe that regular Islam will break from radical moslems which are a tiny minority. These people pay tax like everyone else and need to be treated fairly. The Security forces will have to deal with the rest.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Tiger5]

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

True, you are right. We should let them build just as many mosques in the US as there are churches in Saudi Arabia. That sounds fair, doesn't it?

Ah yes! And while we're at it lets strip the rights from woman and prevent people from voting for their leaders? After all do it in Saudi Arabia? So why dont we follow suit?? Thats logic for you.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The answer to your first question is no.

Then what else are you saying? You complain that they do not allow religious freedom in Saudi Arabia and therefor its rational enough to do so here in America. What else did you mean? Your reply to the previous member did not explain a thing, instead you decided to attack muslim people again.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

So you are saying we should be more like Saudi Arabia?

Saudi Arabia. Yes, all of the 'suspected 9/11 terrorists' were from Saudi Arabia. Strangely, the Shrub administration chose to go straight into Afghanistan and Iraq. The media has demonized an entire religion based on the actions of a few (Falwell was a liar=Falwell was a Christian=All Christians are liars...QED), and as a nation the US has swallowed this line. Well done.

There's a bigger picture, isn't there?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yet another Muslim apologist thread. With capital letters in the title, and everything (real creative).

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I've said many times that it's the fundamentalist's in all three religions Christians, Muslims and Jews that breed hate. It's crazy in that these three worship the same god. It seems problems arise when religion attempts politics. If it weren't so sad it would be funny.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Then what else are you saying? You complain that they do not allow religious freedom in Saudi Arabia and therefor its rational enough to do so here in America.

I'll say this ONE LAST TIME. My comment about Saudi Arabia not allowing churches was sarcastic irony. I made it clear that I do not want to be like Saudi Arabia. Let's stop setting up straw men arguments.
I thought at least SOME ATS members could appreciate the irony of it all, but apparently, you all seem to want to jump on a non-issue. In addition, I have said on threads about this issue that Muslims certainly have the RIGHT to build the mosque. I merely question the lack of sensitivity towards the men and women who were killed at this site. Can't YOU people understand that?
I've finished talking about this, and I am beginning to wonder about the wisdom of even continuing on ATS, as it has become obvious that people merely want to jump to conclusions, without fully reading and understanding the posts that they jump on.
It seems there is a very prevalent set of actions lately, namely:

READY...SHOOT.....AIM

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Wow, if you do not bow down before me you are a moron.

Is this the debate tactics prevalent to this site now?

Thou shalt not lie or bear false witness.

Tell me oh one of faith, give me the equivalent in the Qu'ran.

I could post several exactly opposite components.

And yes, the Christian Bible has many bad things in it. Yet, some components contradict those components. If you want to see someone totally taking things to the extreme, just google ol Barry talking about Deuteronomy. Yeah, THAT guy is a Christian. Pffft.

Anyway, changing ONE word in a sentence changes the whole meaning. As for anyone being a hypocrite, would one not to have had made a comparative argument on the other thread?

No, so this was just what I mentioned in the first part of the comment.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Originally posted by Dock9

Don't yell at me, thank you

And before you even think of lecturing to anyone else in public

go and take a look a REAL hypocrisy

The hypocrisy inherent in Muslims' behaviour

which completely destroys all and any claims about 'Islam the religion of peace'

Go and study all those news reports about muslims' crimes against non-muslims currently

The beheadings of Christians in Egypt, in Turkey, in Pakistan, in Nigeria for example

the cutting out of non-Muslims' tongues BY Muslims

the desecration of Christian churches and the murder of the few remaining Christians in traditionally muslim nations

the stonings

the depravity

the barbarism

the ignorance

Then, if yo still imagine you are qualified to call anyone 'hypocrites'

take your label over the muslims

and stick it there

thanks

AND THIS DESTROYS YOUR ENTIRE ARGUEMENT!!!!

edition.cnn.com...

"Muslim-American communities have been active in preventing radicalization," said Charles Kurzman, professor of sociology at UNC, in the statement. "This is one reason that Muslim-American terrorism has resulted in fewer than three dozen of the 136,000 murders committed in the United States since 9/11."

However, "since 9/11, there has been increased tension among Muslim-Americans about their acceptance in mainstream American society," the study said. Muslim-Americans report feeling a stronger anti-Muslim bias from the media as well as from day-to-day interactions.

The real hypocrisy is that you don't aknowledge the difference between typical middle east residing Muslims and typical western residing Muslims. More than 50% of middle eastern muslim support terror attacks. VS 15% in Europe and 1% in America. American muslims are more liekly to denounce terrorism than the average american christian. There is a difference. There have been almost 16,000 terror attacks committed by radical islamic terrorists since 9/11.

The accepted view of a religion is the most popular view. And in the middle east the heart of Islam the popular view is that terrorism is ok. In my opinion that makes them muslim. Muslim extremists for sure, but in the middle east they are not extremists, they are just Muslims. In Europe or America they would be extremists. The middle eastern muslims are so culturally removed from western muslims it might as well be a different religion.

And I'm not sure what news you are watching but unless it's fox almost everything I see is promuslim. I mean the 9/11 mosque's government and media support, sans fox, should indicate that there is promuslim bias if anything.

I mean how much do you see on MSM about the 2000 gays that have been hung in Iran since the Shara resurgence? Or the countless women hung?

The truth is most muslims are good people, especially in the west. In the middle east most support terrorism. You can go to Pew Research and look it up. Most Muslims worldwide do not support terror. But then again there is a reason the conflict is in the Middle East.

And I'm not sure why people have so much trouble acknowledging the difference between the western muslims beliefs and the Middle eastern variety's beliefs. Every poll shows huge differences. It has nothing to do with promuslim or antimuslim, the facts speak loudly enough. But when more than half of a population base as large as the middle eastern muslim population supports terrorism, then those terrorists fall into the muslim mainstream there. Like I said in the US it's different. Moreso than anywhere else. In Europe is still 300% lower than the middle east for terrorist supporters. But over there.... It's a different world.

Don't generalize muslims. They are not all the same. But the terrorists are muslims regardless of their interrperetation of the book.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Originally posted by Dock9

Don't yell at me, thank you

And before you even think of lecturing to anyone else in public

go and take a look a REAL hypocrisy

The hypocrisy inherent in Muslims' behaviour

which completely destroys all and any claims about 'Islam the religion of peace'

Go and study all those news reports about muslims' crimes against non-muslims currently

The beheadings of Christians in Egypt, in Turkey, in Pakistan, in Nigeria for example

the cutting out of non-Muslims' tongues BY Muslims

the desecration of Christian churches and the murder of the few remaining Christians in traditionally muslim nations

the stonings

the depravity

the barbarism

the ignorance

Then, if yo still imagine you are qualified to call anyone 'hypocrites'

take your label over the muslims

and stick it there

thanks

AND THIS DESTROYS YOUR ENTIRE ARGUEMENT!!!!

edition.cnn.com...

"Muslim-American communities have been active in preventing radicalization," said Charles Kurzman, professor of sociology at UNC, in the statement. "This is one reason that Muslim-American terrorism has resulted in fewer than three dozen of the 136,000 murders committed in the United States since 9/11."

However, "since 9/11, there has been increased tension among Muslim-Americans about their acceptance in mainstream American society," the study said. Muslim-Americans report feeling a stronger anti-Muslim bias from the media as well as from day-to-day interactions.

The real hypocrisy is that you don't aknowledge the difference between typical middle east residing Muslims and typical western residing Muslims. More than 50% of middle eastern muslim support terror attacks. VS 15% in Europe and 1% in America. American muslims are more liekly to denounce terrorism than the average american christian. There is a difference. There have been almost 16,000 terror attacks committed by radical islamic terrorists since 9/11.

The accepted view of a religion is the most popular view. And in the middle east the heart of Islam the popular view is that terrorism is ok. In my opinion that makes them muslim. Muslim extremists for sure, but in the middle east they are not extremists, they are just Muslims. In Europe or America they would be extremists. The middle eastern muslims are so culturally removed from western muslims it might as well be a different religion.

And I'm not sure what news you are watching but unless it's fox almost everything I see is promuslim. I mean the 9/11 mosque's government and media support, sans fox, should indicate that there is promuslim bias if anything.

I mean how much do you see on MSM about the 2000 gays that have been hung in Iran since the Shara resurgence? Or the countless women hung?

The truth is most muslims are good people, especially in the west. In the middle east most support terrorism. You can go to Pew Research and look it up. Most Muslims worldwide do not support terror. But then again there is a reason the conflict is in the Middle East.

And I'm not sure why people have so much trouble acknowledging the difference between the western muslims beliefs and the Middle eastern variety's beliefs. Every poll shows huge differences. It has nothing to do with promuslim or antimuslim, the facts speak loudly enough. But when more than half of a population base as large as the middle eastern muslim population supports terrorism, then those terrorists fall into the muslim mainstream there. Like I said in the US it's different. Moreso than anywhere else. In Europe is still 300% lower than the middle east for terrorist supporters. But over there.... It's a different world.

Don't generalize muslims. They are not all the same. But the terrorists are muslims regardless of their interrperetation of the book.

I figured he didn't either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join