It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the West is more Islamic than Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well I have made this argument before, but now I want to make a thread about it.

Straight to the point:
I believe the West is more Islamic than the Supposed Islamic nations of this world.

While Dubai is building a huge human statue, the US is building a huge mosque based on Quran teachings "there is no compulsion in religion". Which do you think is more Islamic?

Here is Dubai's giant MAN statue:
www.designboom.com...

Here is US's giant mosque (couldn't find the design sorry, if someone finds it please share):
directorblue.blogspot.com...

Western nations are known to be tolerant, avoid inhumane treatment of their citizens, giving their citizens just rights, and their laws are mostly just and very close to Islamic laws.

At the same time you see Islamic countries with laws such as stoning, with their citizens being treated like dirt, all their rights taken away from them, they are being tortured, silenced, and killed for opposing their governments. Not to mention the unjust treatment of minorities etc.

I concur, the West is more Islamic than supposed Islamic nations.

Soon Westerners will become Muslim, because they have been guided unconsciously by GOD, because they were the ones who looked for the truth, looked towards justice.

Prove me wrong.

And Enjoy it while you do.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well both pics are from different perspectives so its hard to compare and contrast. I disagree because this was the only evidence you gave to support your argument. So what else you got?

ps last I checked Sharia Law isn't practiced here.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

ps last I checked Sharia Law isn't practiced here.

Let's start with "No compulsion in religion".

The US follows that right?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Let's start with "No compulsion in religion".

Ok but let's not end there. I'm not sure how you define this but even if its one similarity that both of them share, I would still like to hear more examples before I am convinced. So what else is there?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

OK, the West have a strong belief against the killing of innocent:
Quran:
If you kill an INNOCENT, you kill entire humanity

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Really? I thought most nations have a strong belief against killing the innocent.
We do have legalized abortion here so I think that point is moot.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think the connections you see are more because both religions (Christianity - and Islam) are based in Old Testament law and less based upon any underlying trends towards an Islamification of the west.

[edit on 8/15/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by oozyism

Really? I thought most nations have a strong belief against killing the innocent.
We do have legalized abortion here so I think that point is moot.

Not really, how does abortion = killing of the innocent, that would be equivalent to saying ejaculating while a sleep is killing of the innocent.

And don't hesitate to look at supposed Islamic nations and how ruthlessly they kill their own people, innocent and the guilty together. I bet you have seen it on TV right ..

Let's move on.

Treaties, Quran states to never break your treaties unless the opposite end breaks it, or if they are helping people against you, meaning helping your enemies kill, bomb, etc etc

That is also a Western belief right

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Not really, how does abortion = killing of the innocent, that would be equivalent to saying ejaculating while a sleep is killing of the innocent.

Well you obviously have a different opinion on what "innocent" is. Fair enough.

Treaties, Quran states to never break your treaties unless the opposite end breaks it, or if they are helping people against you, meaning helping your enemies kill, bomb, etc etc

Well so far you have been showing things that are similar in both cultures....
Can you give an example of something that is identifiable as muslim in nature but however is practiced only here and not there? Otherwise the argument should be changed to America is a muslim nation and not more so than the middle east.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yes I can, for example:

Apostates are killed in Middle East, but not on Western nations.

Apostates are those people who want their citizenship revoked, hence if you don't want to be an American anymore, for what ever reason, you can leave without fear of prosecution. The same goes with Islam, which teaches us to leave apostates alone, those who are not Muslim, and those who leave Islam.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The same goes with Islam, which teaches us to leave apostates alone, those who are not Muslim, and those who leave Islam.

You say "us" , are you muslim? I guess I just don't see what you are talking about, you are giving examples but again, I am not convinced. You say the middle east kills apostates but then go on to say that muslims do not....so what nations are killing apostates then?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

OK Islam is simply the Quran, that is the source of the Islam, so if you are reading the Quran what does it teach you?

So when I say Islam teaches us, that means I'm reading the Quran. And if you read the Quran and make a statement, you would say, "Islam is teaching us", everyone who has read it.

I'm saying that Apostates are killed in the middle east, but they are not killed in the West.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You must forgive me...I am reading words here I can only read so much into them. Context is key. Anyway, interesting point you made about the quran saying not to kill apostates and the muslims doing just that. I would then go on to say that them killing apostates is they not following their own religion to a "t" and apostates not dying over here is a consequence of our nations law.

but if this were a debate consider you having a point in your favor.
anymore? Im interested in hearing what else you have to say.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It's not about being Islamic, ... being christian, being black or white.

It's about being free, what America and the west generally stand for.

It's good to see you finally coming around.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
i have a feeling islam is gonna come back bite you guys in the a@@

sharia is starting to make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Religions often make sense to those not able to think for themselves.

good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

how pat btw.

don't get me wrong, lol, i'm a non practicing catholic, more of a spiritualist. with eastern flavors.

my own religion so to speak. me and the hairy plunderer or cosmic muffin i feel is my benefactor or prosecutor.

i deal with this everyday. unless xena is around.

i started thinking for myself when your grand parents were probably paying 1.20 gal of gas and are still hoping disco makes a comeback.

ok, i know, that doesn't make any sense.

but america can change, we do it all the time. duh!

you want sharia? ok no prob. don't bitch when you get your knees cut off for throwing acid on your sister for smiling at a customer when she gives him change at the 7/11.

i wouldn't mind sharia, not alot of americans would either, if we can just change a few parameters.

i think the dems should look into it.

i know we are not saudi, but if they won't come up to our level, we just have to get down, eh?

level the playing field.

give a nerd a real sword and have him start hacking away on (pick your offence) person.

new american reality show. awesome!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

It's not about being Islamic, ... being christian, being black or white.

It's about being free, what America and the west generally stand for.

It's good to see you finally coming around.

Please don't insert the "free" rhetoric in to the discussion because it pisses me off and forces me to take an aggressive approach when trying to counter.

There is no freedom in the West, Islam teaches true freedom, which is in the core Western value, but the West has failed to understand and grasp it.

The Western governments have too much power.

Every human being should be free to choose which ever way of life they want to live, that is not true in the West, people are forced to obey the centralized government based on the wishes of the majority etc.

new topics

top topics

join