It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers with PTSD dismissed, told they have 'personality disorder'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Dude, this is horrible. I've suffered from PTSD since 2003 and to actually be labeled as being, basically, psychotic from birth, in addition to "basic" PTSD... I don't support the wars going on right now, I don't support the U.S. itself much (am Canadian and proud) I do, however, strongly support the troops, and to have this being done to them in addition to everything else? Just wrong, man, just wrong...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I reread this thread very carefully, and my last response to General Eyes may have been "out of line".

I am sorry if I offended you. I mistook your post entirely as to mean that those that serve have to prove their "benefits" and that PTSD is a bit generic until further testing. I can only disagree from my standpoint with an apology in hand. I was not attacking your Dad, but the use of Dad seemed out of place for me in context and I reacted negatively. Please accept my apology Publicly and sincerely!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Isn't lying for personal gain part of a personality disorder?

Well....I guess it is just a good case of transference on the part of the government.

I'd hire any vet that had an honorable discharge, PD or not.

I'd like to fire the government though.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

urgh! this kind of attitude infuriates me. Denail is a way of fobbing them off and it is easier for the Govt.. That way, they avoid responsibility.

They continue to fail the returned servicemen & women.

shame

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The-White-One

I have PTSD also and the biggest issue for me going out in public is 'triggers'... if I trigger, big problems. I also know a Vietnam Vet who suffers from triggers. It is delibetating ... effects your life in so many ways.

Just terrible to read this. It is most definitely not an Adjustment Disorder.
It is POST Traumatic STRESS disorder.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Oh yeah, I know my triggers very well, for a time I couldn't even go to a small convenience store to buy smokes. I think PTSD needs to be better recognized and people need to realize how debilitating and dangerous it can be for sufferers. It's a horrible illness, and it does NOT just happen randomly.
Best wishes to your battle against PTSD, U2U me (if possible, am new user) if you'd like to share some techniques for dealing with it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

PTSD

TextTextI had to take the VA's PTSD test here in Lexington KY's Lee's town VA hospital about 3-4 years back now I aced the ests in all 5 sections and all 5 category's and they tried to tell me they thought it was a personality disorder and their 2 totally diferent thing's.So now I have lawyer who took my case seeing as it's probably the only way I'll get the PTSD added to me military disability which I'm rated at 60 percent already and with the back pay from when I first opened the PTSd calim I'm looking at close to 400,000 dollars,perhaps more in both backpay from when I first opened the PTSD calim and including any and all pain and suffering incurred by my family members as a result of the PTSD,what I don't get is why do they have people taking a PTSD test that like myself acw it to the max then try to pass it off a a personality disorder and any other help I can get from any of you I will gladly appreciate,TKs to you all and yes,I am a nam era disabled vet

top topics

<< 1   >>

join