It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama Really Swim in the Gulf? Maybe NOT!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

moreover, we got big question: Where swimming was really -- photo cannot ans it

-------------
Have all Good.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Well....your first mistake was in thinking that Michelle Malkin had any crediblity whatsoever...

There's no shortage of wingnuts out there..... Only people with a Malkin brain would believe and push across the notion that Americans would rather collect three hundred dollars a week on unemployment insurance rather than get a job that supplies benefits and pays a salary.

How crazy is Michelle Malkin? ..."government cheese" !!!

Check her batspit crazy yammering at about the 3:30 mark....

Now.....when Geraldo Rivera is trash-talking someone...ummmm...huh?:

(and even O'Reilly gets pulled into it...)

Crazy attention whore Geraldo Rivera told the Boston Globe that crazy attention whore Malkin was "the most vile, hateful commentator I've ever met … It’s good she’s in D.C. and I’m in N.Y. I’d spit on her if I saw her.”

Malkin Quits O'Reilly After Nasty Three-Way

(eeewwwww!)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by wcitizen

Well....your first mistake was in thinking that Michelle Malkin had any crediblity whatsoever...

There's no shortage of wingnuts out there..... Only people with a Malkin brain would believe and push across the notion that Americans would rather collect three hundred dollars a week on unemployment insurance rather than get a job that supplies benefits and pays a salary.

I can't STAND that woman!!!!!

How crazy is Michelle Malkin? ..."government cheese" !!!

Check her batspit crazy yammering at about the 3:30 mark....

Now.....when Geraldo Rivera is trash-talking someone...ummmm...huh?:

(and even O'Reilly gets pulled into it...)

Crazy attention whore Geraldo Rivera told the Boston Globe that crazy attention whore Malkin was "the most vile, hateful commentator I've ever met … It’s good she’s in D.C. and I’m in N.Y. I’d spit on her if I saw her.”

Malkin Quits O'Reilly After Nasty Three-Way

(eeewwwww!)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

moreover, we got big question: Where swimming was really -- photo cannot ans it

-------------
Have all Good.

Yep.....it's all BS....you can bet on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

perfectly agreed with you

------
Actual Article

[edit on 16-8-2010 by SarK0Y]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
PS2. What's stopping the Gulf States from running test to see if the water is good or bad? Oh yeah, they don't want the economy to get better. Votes for them is more important than it's residents and small business owners. If the economy got better then that's another win for Obama.

So tell me...why don't the Gulf States do test and tell the people if the water is good or bad?

So yeah, there is a conspiracy. But it's the GOP trying to keep the economy stagnant to waterloo Obama.

Umm nothing is stopping that's why it's done multiple times a day up and down the coast. There seems to be the mistaken impression that the entire gulf is poisoned. It isn't. Not even close. I don't support Obama, I think he's doing an awful job. I have no reason to doubt that he swam in the gulf. I'm sure the water was more rigorously tested than normal, but there was no reason for him not to take a dip. Even if the water was tainted one little dip wouldn't do any permanent damage.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

I only remember 1 tide change a day when I was down there, and it was only a few feet up and down. Have to check on that.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WATCHER.1

Almost every coastal area has 2 high and 2 low tides a day.

The tides occur with a period of approximately 12 hours and 25 minutes, and with an amplitude that is influenced by the alignment of the sun and moon and the shape of the near-shore bottom. Most coastal areas experience two high and two low tides per day.

Source

"Ding. Ding. Ding... The more you know"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective1

Lol! It's not that I can't believe it, because it's obvious every day - I guess what I mean is that it still baffles me how anyone can so blatantly lie and deceive and still be President, and also that someone who holds the position of President, even if only there as a charade puppet, is so 'in your face' with the lies and deceit.

It still shocks me, even though I absolutely know it is what is going on. Perhaps most shocking is the fact that they are so confident that people will either believe them or will do nothing, and they will get away with it

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Well, StealthyKat, actually, I don't consider I've made a mistake.

The article appeared on MM's site, but was not written by her. Didn't you notice that? Or maybe you didn't look any further.

It has also appeared in other sources, perhaps you would prefer The Independent?

www.independent.co.uk...

Or
Belfast Telegraph
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

Or
iplextra.indiatimes.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Obama is NOT the story here folks.

Look there are place in the Gulf that are perfectly safe to swim in -- and I'm saying that as a person who thinks;

1) The Gusher is NOT CAPPED and likely leaking deep under the ocean and coming out in leaks all over the place.

2) There is probably going to be a massive Red Tide in a year or two -- maybe killing the eco-system.

But the oil on the surface is less than 1% and you don't need healthy bacteria and fish in an ocean to be able to SWIM.

>> What is more likely, is that Obama went down there to keep THE ECONOMY GOING, because regardless of what BP did or didn't do -- people on the Gulf have to work and feed their families. So they go to some water area, and the President swims around.

If it's an eco-nightmare to go to a beach on the Gulf coast of Florida -- then shame on him. My bet is that it isn't (SO FAR).

>> Leadership is about lying effectively, right? Obama's worst crime is not Nationalizing BP in my book. But failing to actually punish the criminals -- he isn't putting anyone in jeopardy and he is trying to keep tourism going. I don't see any real conspiracy here beyond crass advertising.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This thread, just like the one about the First Lady's vacation to Spain is just another avenue to express hatred for the Obamas. Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick.

I am not affiliated with any political party. I realize that our government is under the control of powers greater than congress or the presidency. There are much larger issues than where President Obama swam or didn't swim, for godssakes.

Really, someone needs to start a thread about the Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations and Bilderberg group. Past and current presidents are members of some, and at least have attended the meetings.

But really, all this controversy about a swim? So what? Maybe he'll eat a vanilla sundae this evening BUT in actuality, he had a chili cheese dog! Let the SKY FALL!!!! Maybe he'll claim to have had coffee at that coffee shop near the Whitehouse. Maybe there'll be a shot of him drinking *coffee* but really it was espresso, or worse... the orange Crush! The controversy! Let the sky come raining down because that's really important!

Did Bush even make an attempt to vacation in Louisiana after the Katrina disaster? I don't think he even bothered. But, he might have. I really don't know. Because I don't care where the President, any President, vacations! It's their business. Find something really important to bash him about, but not a stupid swim in the Gulf. LOL

Please, take my above comments in the comedic light they were written in. I should thank you, though, because this is great material if I should ever consider writing comedy or becoming a stand-up. Probably won't happen, but at least now I have the material.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
This thread, just like the one about the First Lady's vacation to Spain is just another avenue to express hatred for the Obamas. Nitpick, nitpick, nitpick.

I am not affiliated with any political party. I realize that our government is under the control of powers greater than congress or the presidency. There are much larger issues than where President Obama swam or didn't swim, for godssakes.

I agree. Politics just makes people stupid -- myself included, which is why I avoid politics now. It's not as if electing someone other than Obama would fix the problem of government.

if McCain would have been president, we would be seeing pics of that old man bobbing about in the water, grinning and waving.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Note the source of this article, fyi...Michelle Malkin, now she's not as bad as many people portray her (such as Keith Olbermann, weedwhacker) but she's not unbias either...

It's always fun watching people attack someone for using politically charged language....while using politically charged language.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Would you not say we are all being affected directlyat this time..
I don't get it.. I try to discuss thing like this with friends and they either change the subject quickly or they agree with me to shut me up but have nothing to say. This is driving me crazy!!

We must be so brainwashed that we are all afraid to discuss the truth about what is really going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For those of you who do not understand coastal geography and/or the Florida intracoastal waterways, let me, as a local, explain:

This "bay" is part of the larger network of the intracoastal waterway. I happen to live on a deep branch of the intracoastal in South Florida, which means where I live, about three miles from the actual ocean (probably two from the main intracoastal), the water is brackish (salt/fresh mix).

I frequently ride my bike to the actual intracoastal where the water is saltier due to the influx of the tides.

Now, technically Obama was not in the gulf, but to say so is to split hairs, which is what I would expect from Michelle Malkin.

The "bay" is clearly on the intracoastal, which means the water in the bay is daily filled and emptied by the changing tides.

If people are worried about correxit or oil going up the Mississippi with the influx of tides every day, would they not also have this worry in the multitude of inlets and bays served by the same tides all along the intracoastal system of the Gulf?

Michelle Malkin is a typical pundit, focusing on the nuanced issues and inflating them to seem as important as the real issues that she doesn't cover.

By the way, I laughed a bit when I heard that he went to the Gulf at Panama City Beach, about as far from the oil spill as possible and still in the Gulf. He might as well have gone to Brownsville,TX or Tampa or some other irrelevant seaside town that is TECHNICALLY on the Gulf.

Thanks to Obama! Encouraging Florida vacationers - not necessarily Gulf vacationers!

reply to post by misinformational

I can back this up from my personal experience of living on an intracoastal waterway for nearly my whole life. Every day, 25ft from my back patio door I see the neighbor's boat across the canal go up and down twice each. Sometimes really high, especially when it rains heavily or we have a hurricane surge or when the moon and sun align just right. Sometimes really low, to the point where I can see cement casings on my dock's posts and the bottom of our sea wall.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Sphota]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
My opinion has changed. Just got back from the Beach at Bald Point/Alligator Point and it was nasty!

There was obvious oil in the water and embedded in the sand. I am uploading video to YouTube now. i will be putting up a new thread as soon as my kids go to bed. I will put a link here.

Let me repeat. Beach was horrible! water has 6-8 inches of visibility instead of its usual 40+ feet! Beach is striated from pristine white, to sandy brown, to dark brown, to gray/black at the waters edge.

You dig down in the sand a few feet off shore, it used to fill with clean water, now it fills with a coffee looking nasty water.

Over the past week, the water has changed from pristine, to entirely impregnated with oil!!

New thread to follow later tonight with video, pictures, and map of the beach.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My First Hand account from the Gulf today, with Video

I apologize to all of those that I have debated about the safety of swimming in the Gulf. After today, I well no longer be eating Gulf Seafood, or swimming in the Gulf for at least 1 year. The family just spent the past hour in the shower recovering from our adventure today.

Please check it out and ask me any questions you may have.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Of coarse he didn't swim in the gulf.
With all the junk Bp put in the water
he would have been bleached out worse than
Michel Jackson.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Do the water and tar balls from the gulf flow into the bay? If so ... no big difference between the bay and the gulf. For all purposes, it was a swim in gulf waters. If the bay is fed from a different source, then there is a difference. I have no idea which it is. I don't really care.

That a POTUS took a 27 hour 'vacation' to fly his family down to Florida for a picture of him and his child swimming ... all the $$ spent and the 'carbon footprint' of such a flight (for those keeping track of environmental issues) ... those are the bigger issues.

I get that either he wanted to do a good thing and help Florida or that he was doing something political .. a political payoff of some kind or trying to garner votes from Floridians .... I don't know which for sure but considering we are dealing with politicians ...

By now Americans have made up their minds for themselves if swimming in those waters is something they want to do. They aren't going to buy into a political photo-op ... be it republican or democrat. It's the end of August and most everyone has already either vacationed for the summer or has their plans arranged. It may or may not have been well intentioned, but the 27 hour trip was really a waste as far as bringing business to Florida this vacation season is concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join