It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama Really Swim in the Gulf? Maybe NOT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well according to the AP obama didn't swin in the gulf. news.yahoo.com...
The president's swim happened out of sight of the news media. The White House released an official photo, but The Associated Press does not publish such handout images. According to the White House, the Obamas swam off Alligator Point, which is in Saint Andrews Bay, not the Gulf.

This little bit is at the bottom of the story. But yet he expects everyone else to dive right in, when he hasn't got the guts to do it himself.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Chance321]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Everyone down thier would know only a fool would do so...

... so then maybe he did go swimming there.

Blackmarketeer, then they shouldnt have said he did swim in the gulf, its deceptive reporting. The news here specifically said he was in the gulf.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by polarwarrior]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I feel the same

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
ok, i never post anything... im stationed in the gulf, obamas guys landed at our flight line. for you airfore guys who fix airplanes we were laughing at his guys cus there crew chiefs were in BLUES working on the plane and they didnt have a spot on em haha... they were all strapped with pistols too. he went to panama city, it was a big deal. the oil hasnt really hit florida, tar balls here and there but it hasnt stopped anyone and havent heard of anyone getting sick... i wish i could say more but i cant be giving out to much info on what i do...

[edit on 15-8-2010 by bmonki510]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I was a lurker till reading this, I am a resident of Panama City, Florida. I would be happy to answer any questions on the "lay of the land" so to speak. I can speak from recent experience that swimming in the gulf produced no ill effects on me. Unfortunatly I am not in the country at this very moment So I cannot accuratly verify if it was red flags on the beach when the President was in my home town. But I will say its more than likely true.
I have a Theory as to why he chose PC as his Gulf Dip location. PC was not greatly affected by the spill. Say what you will but undeniable and easily verifiable facts show that other than scattered tar balls oil did not wash up on the beach and by observing the ploom movement you will see the mass of oil never really got all that close. Yet less than a hour down the road in the Destin-Fort Walten-Santa Rosa Beach area oil did wash ashore. I have no doubt the President would of gotten in the Gulf had weather cooperated. Why? because its close enough to be in the "affected" area yet far enough away to be not truly. His PR stunt was just foiled by bad weather for swimming.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Oh come on, people.

Did you ever just think he wanted some private time with his daughter on vacation (well, as private as a President can get) and that not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy?

He still wanted to show the world that the gulf is safe to swim in, but didn't want this turning into a media gong show like everything else.

ATSers see conspiracies in every single little snippet of news, while ignoring the big stuff.

I'm leaning towards the same conclusion as others - getting the hell off this site and finding a TRUE conspiracy site, not one that tries to find conspiracy in every single minor news story.

Next, you'll be telling us that little johnnie's cat didn't REALLY get stuck in a tree - the press is lying to you, or that old man on the bench isn't REALLY feeding the ducks.

C'mon people, let's focus on the real stuff or I'm outta here faster than you can say "Bohemian Grove".

Of course, there could be something in the fact that I didn't spell johnnie's name with a capital "J" (twice!), but I'll let you folks argue over that one.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Okay,

I'm from The Great State of Texas. I know what that water looks like. That is without a doubt the Gulf of Mexico water.

I have no doubt about that.

What I can't prove is when the picture was actually taken.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
PS...it would be quite foolish of him to entice people to go into the water. What if they get sick? Even I would want him impeached at that point.

The man is not stupid folks.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by wcitizen

Surprised?

Our dear leader has lied to us once again.

I would recommend calling this out as it is and spreading it. He's lied too many times.

What lies has Obama said that cost American lives? Unlike dear puppet Bush.

Anyways, seriously, what lies has Obama told? Or are you referring to the lies that people tell about him.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
PS2. What's stopping the Gulf States from running test to see if the water is good or bad? Oh yeah, they don't want the economy to get better. Votes for them is more important than it's residents and small business owners. If the economy got better then that's another win for Obama.

So tell me...why don't the Gulf States do test and tell the people if the water is good or bad?

So yeah, there is a conspiracy. But it's the GOP trying to keep the economy stagnant to waterloo Obama.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I would've taken this news article seriously, had it not come from Michelle Malkin.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I believe the swim photo was taking during obamas trip in Spain hmm
maybe thats why they needed to go to spain? to take a family only photo op

Use your heads and connect the dots.

Do you read the news, or just skim it and then scream conspiracy? Lately, ATS is truly seeming more and more a bunch of paranoids getting together and bitching about stuff that is far less important than the actual issues.

What I'm replying about is that Obama didn't go to Spain. His wife and daughter did. If you read anything at all in the news then surely you must have come away with that fact.

As to whether he swam in the gulf, who cares? It's not going to get me into that water anytime soon. All politicians lie. It really is all about money and power and good press. Life really is that simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
That's funny this thread started. When I saw the picture of him and his daughter swiming, the first thing that came to my mind was he really wasn't in the Gulf waters. Why does he continue to keep getting away with this crap. Does he really think the people are this dumb?

Sadly, the people are "this dumb". That's just how it is, most Americans have all ability at critical self thought and TPTB know it. Not only do they know it, they use it for nefarious purposes. Some may even argue that they made the public "this dumb". After Bush and everything that he got away with, I am absolutely convinced that the public is far more dumb that we could imagine and ignorant to boot. Now that Obama is in office, it just reinforces my convictions. I am embarrassed to be human.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm not sure I have enough respect to care if he swam in a particular body of water. Whether he did or not has little bearing on his handling of the entire situation. On a side note, my daughters, wife and I made it down to the community pool and had a capital excursion.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Here is two Google map pics of St. Andrew Lynn Haven, FL

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9306918a13c.jpg[/atsimg]

and a closer look:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7340bdabb12e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Anyways, seriously, what lies has Obama told? Or are you referring to the lies that people tell about him.

...Are you kiddin' me

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Did Obama Really Swim in the Gulf? Maybe NOT!

michellemalkin.com

A couple of days ago, President Obama said that he’d take a dip in the Gulf of Mexico to prove to America that the water in the Gulf was safe for swimming in the wake of the oil leak. He also said that there would be no press allowed in the area for his swim because the last time he took his shirt off with reporters around he ended up on a magazine cover that now doubles as wallpaper in Chris Matthews’ dressing room.

But maybe the White House didn’t want any press photographers around because the wrong angle would give away the fact that Obama wasn’t in the Gulf at all.

According
(visit the link for the full news article)

OMG what a stretch! I used to live in Corpus Christi. It's near the gulf of Mexico. But, there is a bay closer, called Corpus Christi bay. Let me tell you, whatever is in the gulf, is also in the bay, which happens to be attached to the gulf. It's all the same water people. Chill out for a second and realize not every damned thing a politician does is some shady, nefarious piece in a plot to rule the world

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

I'm sure that many people didn't believe that Obama would really swim in the murky, toxic waters of the Gulf.

When I first heard about it I wondered how he would get round it. Now the answer seems to be clear.

How foolish of the cess pit's publicity team to launch a publicity stunt like that but then to BAN the press wouldn't also raise suspicions.

I'm sure most people (except, of course, the MSM) were just waiting to see what lie the WH would produce and expose it.

I honestly still find it incredible that the President of a country so blatanty shows such contempt towards the people of his country and towards any semblance of truth.

michellemalkin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

After 8 years of Bush, that almost cost us all our lives, you really can't believe it?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
reply to post by Come Clean

...Are you kiddin' me

Are you not answering me?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
While there are moments in which I wish I could be more indifferent about matters such as this, but when I see this criminally orchestrated effort to deceive the public and misinform everyone regarding the health and safety of the gulf waters and seafood is when that deception prompts me to give my two cents on the subject.

I like others that have been paying attention to Obamas credibility and trustworthiness to tell the truth. As a result of such observations, I do not believe anything Obama says or does, because the one matter he has proven over and over is that Obama does not tell the truth and he willingly and knowingly lies to the public regardless of the impact on the public for telling those lies. To say the least, Obama is morally and ethically challenged to do anything that is decent, moral or honest.

Now, I don't know what type of human would claim that the gulf coast waters are safe when millions of fish are dying and untold Americans are ill and sick from exposure to what BP and Obama have allowed to happen in the gulf.

I lived in Florida for over 17 yrs and in that time I spent a lot of time in the waters. Upon viewing the photograph of Obama in the water, the first thought that came to my mind was that it was not Gulf waters that Obama was pictured in. In fact, it looks more like the waters of Hawaii that I am also familiar with, but it is not gulf waters.

I told myself that it would be easy to fake a photo, but for Obama to do so, he would need the complicity of the media and as always, there is some upstart child of Satan that is so impressed with evil and will do or say whatever is needed to advance their careers. As such, I don't trust anything the media states regarding this photo of Obama showing the world just how safe the gulf coast waters are. Well, I don't know too many people who haven't already told me that the AP photo is a fake and so is Obama.

While this deceptive photo alone from Obama is wrong, to portray the gulf waters and sea food as "SAFE", is a crime. That crime requires the complicity of the heads of EPA, NOAA, Coast Guard, and a slew of other agencies that should not be forgotten or ignored in this photo media release. They are criminals just like Obama selling the same lies.

Telling the public the waters are safe and the seafood, shrimps and fish are all OK to eat is a crime that we the people should not loose focus of. While the lie to show us him swimming is indeed a smaller lie, that lie is stated to support the other lies about the food being safe to eat and that everything has returned to normal, so book those vacations and start eating the food.

After a while I realized that since Obama is part of the NWO plan, then he knows full well that telling us the waters and food is safe is only so that he can contribute to more innocent people dying as part of this whole BP oil disater and staged false flag operation.

We should see the photo op swimming for what it is, but if we don't see it as being criminally and unethically contributing to the deaths of many Americans then you perhaps are too concerned with looking at Obama's butt in a swimsuit when you should be concerned that he just told a lie that will harm the public and which will over time contribute to many needless deaths. It is those needless and preventable deaths that angers me more than some fake photo. It is the selling of the photo and the overall lie of the gulf that should matter more. When a sitting president lies to the nation and that lie endangers men, women, children and animal life, then in my book that is no one that should ever have become let alone continue to sit in a position of responsibility.

I know this is more than most need to know, but look beyond the photo and begin paying attention to the dying fish around the world and the increasing health and illnesses that don't get as much press attention as the fake swim session that Obama supported with his complete ability to sell lies. He sold it, and for many, it will be enough to go back and begin eating shrimp, seafood and maybe that's what the sheeple need, but in my book, no real president would endanger the public in such a monumental manner unless it was the sole intention to do so and if that is the case, then many better start waking up that nothing this man claims or states is ever going to be said or stated so that it truly benefits the public.

Obama has no credibility and when and if we begin to find out in the future just how fake this photo is, just remember that the bigger crime is telling us the gulf waters and that the seafood is completely safe to eat, because Obama and those he answers to want to kill as many people as they can and while that may sound crazy and insane, if you truly think that, then re-read the part about Obama wanting us to return to the waters and to eat up. That part needs to be pondered on if you're too comatose by your fluoridated trance state.

Thanks for the posting, but this type of criminal presidential photo opportunism is a major crime against humanity and all Americans that trust what he says. The gulf water are not safe to swim in or eat from and if you doubt that, then you eat it.

Time will show us just how much Obama lied and when that revelation occurs, many will see that this photo op was a "little lie" compared to the bigger lies that Obama continues to sell about the whole BP Oil Disaster and his presidency.

Thanks again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join