It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Disclosure May Not (And Probably Will Not) Happen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I can think of one very good reason for disclosure now.

Loss of confidance in government.

If ET disclosure happens via "wild card", be it accidental or deliberate, the people could loose confidance in the world governments. If they feel like they have been lied to for the past 60+ years, it may so anger the people that a planet wide civil war beeaks out. If this was the case, no government could preveil. There would be universal chaos, and the damage to culture, society, and technology could set mankind back to the stone age.

Governments should think about this, for the more time that passes without controlled disclosure, the better the probability for a "Wild card".

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
Five; everyone would want a space ship ride and would not want to come back.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by bekod]

That could most likely be arranged in the semi near future.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
I can think of one very good reason for disclosure now.

Loss of confidance in government.

If ET disclosure happens via "wild card", be it accidental or deliberate, the people could loose confidance in the world governments. If they feel like they have been lied to for the past 60+ years, it may so anger the people that a planet wide civil war beeaks out. If this was the case, no government could preveil. There would be universal chaos, and the damage to culture, society, and technology could set mankind back to the stone age.

Governments should think about this, for the more time that passes without controlled disclosure, the better the probability for a "Wild card".

You of all people know the ETs will not disclose by accident. And there are Galactic Laws keeping ETs on the same wavelength as to when disclosure will occure and direct public interactions. That is also why you do not see clear, close images of ufos.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by covert1]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Their comforting beliefs are slave tools the ones who think they're in control, uses and its a revolting form of slavery, instead they need to tell the truth. No one has that right to keep people in hell, worshipping false idols.

All those who have harmed anyone, suppressed anyone, lied to anyone, enslaved anyone, went to war against anyone, allowed to starve anyone, will be filled with the greatest horror and shame that they did this to their beloved family when the veil lifts. It is much better for them to face what they've done now and to reveal everything and redistribute all things to all people. Period. They have to start to undo what they've done to others.

The curtain raises for all.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
First I want to apologize, I only have a minute or two so I skimmed the post.

I agree I believe that government disclosure will not happen although a sentient being with the ability to travel to other planets will undoubtedly be aware of the 'government' on a planet. I don't believe they would go into it blindly and if they truly wanted to make their presence known to the masses they would do it and there is nothing that our government could do about it.

I hope that makes sense to everyone, like I said I'm on a strict timeline and wanted to get my two cents in. Take care everyone!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

No.

Disclosure would change nothing. People would still follow the same religions, just as when the new world was discovered or anything else new, and governments would just continue on, just as before.

There has been a complete lack of confidence in government for the last 20 odd years and yet to be a major civil war to bring down any of the major ones. The entire British parliament was busted in a corruption investigation. No one rebelled.

Aliens means more trade and more knowledge. No one would give a damn more or less.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I see your point locster, but think of it this way....after a grand disclosure you really think people will be worried about lawsuits and such??? that would be a huge paradigm shift for the entire world, i would think people would be more concerned about shifting their consciousness and other alien self help tips

I thinks those who've been called crazy after claiming to have been abducted will be thinking about lawsuits. For them, aliens have already been a reality. They're gonna be pissed at the way the government's treated them.

As for the rest, frankly, I think most people still won't believe it until they see aliens with their own two eyes. That's how brainwashed we've become. Either brainwashed or so suspicious of the government that they won't believe disclosure even if it is finally given.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No Government official, U.S. based or not are ever going to condemn themselves. The only true disclosure will be when E.T. ships, block out the sun worldwide. Otherwise nothing else will ever be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think this is less a case of sleeping dogs and more a case of sh*&$ing in a lake. Nobody can see you do it and it's out of sight, out of mind. But they've been doing it for decades and it's starting to smell. In addition, the longer you s&*^ in a lake, the more angry people will be when they find out you've been doing it.

Disclosure might be ugly if it happens. But the longer they put it off, the worse it will be when people finally learn they've been lied to and had their lives ruled without their consent.

We are witnessing the creation of new religions based on the UFO phenomenon, simply because without any REAL explanations, people are forced to rely on their own imaginations to explain what they're seeing. If it goes on much longer we'll start to see the formation of cults, if we haven't already.

-------
There are two things we can be certain of if disclosure happens:

1) After so much deception, people will have little reason to trust whoever is disclosing the knowledge, and therefore,

2) Whoever is disclosing the knowledge will do whatever they can to paint themselves as innocent, maybe even trying to convince us that this is the first time they've discovered the information, in order to try to avoid the consequences for, and public reaction to, their own cover-up.
-------

...In other words, rest assured we will not be getting the whole truth.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Magnus47]

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting. Shot in 2009.

Now days, anything can be photo shopped, and I am no expert, but these looked interesting never the less.

I don't think disclosure will happen because TPTB are bedfellows with some of the nasty ET's that offered military technology.

Greed wins out every time with people that seek power.

In order for disclosure to occur, the ones that sold the rest of us down the river would have to come clean.

The only way disclosure would occur is if some of the benevolent ET's came down here and made a stand. But, that is probably not allowed or Humanity is still under a galactic quarantine.

If disclosure does occur you can bet your bottom dollar it's not going to be the real deal. It's going to be a ruse to make people fearful and give up the rest of their rights and freedom in the name of "Planet Security".

Unless we have some serious interference from "the good ones" ie: service to others vs service to self, we are doomed to continue to be a enslaved species.

edit on 30-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: spelling and grammar

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baloney
What would actually be disclosed? Is it plausible that maybe all the ufo's are just man-made secret craft?

Sorry. That would not be an acceptable "disclosure." See, disclosure can only be real and true if what is disclosed is exactly what people already believe.

If the U.S. Government (no other government's disclosure counts) discloses that UFOs are nuts and bolts alien spacecraft, but the aliens are actually large blobs of fuzzy pink goo and not little gray creatures with big heads and big black eyes, then that is not a valid disclosure. They are lying about the aliens. The cry would be, "Tell us the truth about the gray aliens!"

Disclosure is a myth. People don't want the truth. People just want to be right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join