It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

www.revolutionbroadcasting.com

US Government admits satellite temperature readings “degraded.” All data taken offline in shock move. Global warming temperatures may be 10 to 15 degrees too high.

The fault was first detected after a tip off from an anonymous member of the public to climate skeptic blog, Climate Change Fraud (view original article) (August 9, 2010).

Caught in the center of the controversy is the beleaguered taxpayer funded National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). NOAA’s Program Coordinator, Chuck Pistis has now confirmed that the fast spreading story on the respected climate skeptic
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The data has been taken off line - so that's a huge 'YES' to an admission of having published incorrect data.

As discussed further in the article, this fiasco begs the question as to whether it was genuine error or intentional. Taking into consideration the falsified data from the Oxford bunch in UK, it seems there are serious questions to be asked here.

For some time now I've been reading more and more experts challenging this 'global warming' info, and saying, in fact, that currently global temperatures have been falling. This data has been used to challenge and at times rubbish these scientists.

This has huge implications, since this data has been used to back up all the claims of global warming which the cesspit us using to further remove people's freedoms.

It also goes to show how we must be very cautious about what 'scientific' data we believe. Especially that data which supports the TPTB's world domination agenda.

www.revolutionbroadcasting.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Im not too sure if this falls into the same category as your thread and whats happening.

But recently, radio stations have been getting mixed up, and its never happened before. And about 20minutes ago, while glancing at the television, I noticed a few times that there were a few static lines that i've never seen before. (Satellite TV)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

anonymous member of the public to climate skeptic blog

For the anonymous blog poster, I hope stays anonymous because getting in the way of the global warming money scheme is going to make many investors unhappy with their investments in global warming schemes.

Money/debt/trade follow it. And you just may find ugly truths.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's too bad that they didn't adhere to some form of multi-source redundancy on which to base their reports. Collaboration is a great way to share and network between colleagues. We lose!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Shame it wasen't taken offline before the advent of Carbon Credits, or the Kyoto Treaty.

We need to be worried about climate change (and saving creatures from extinction). Not how many miles we travel, or quanties of electricity we consume.

The tragedy is these things need to go up (in order to pay for the climate work, that really needs doing).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So would this make a site like (NOAA). a bit dubious as a source ...HMMMM.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am sure this development is disconcerting to many climate scientists who have fought so hard to make their cause a front-page issue for the past three decades. Such a development is dangerous because I am afraid that a government agency like NOAA will just try to cover up the problem, instead of fixing it. And I am also afraid that politicians will use this failure to circumvent the important issue of global climate change. Regardless of whether the earth is getting hotter or colder, I don't think too many people can be found who would say the earth's climate is currently stable and hasn't been changing at all for years. The real question has always been why. For my money it's always been our sun. Here are some articles to support my argument that our sun plays the most important role in climate change on Earth.

This article shows a pretty interesting correlation between solar actvity and the Earth's temperature.

This article offers a plausible explanation for the decrease in cloud cover on earth with the relative increase in Sun activity.

This article demonstrates how quickly Earth's atmosphere can respond to changes in our Sun's output

This article confirms that our Sun has become more active just this century and discusses how this may affect Earth

I would say that climate research is still in it's infancy when compared to other fields like chemistry, metallurgy, newtonian physics, calculus, geomoetry, or any other field our species has been developing for centuries. There is still a lot of work to do, and I think the link between the sun, extrasolar background radiation, and our planet's climate is just beginning to come to light. But judge for yourself. The preliminary data coming back seems very promising. I think that if scientists focus on the Sun, then in the next twenty years we as a species can breathe a little sigh of relief. Maybe we causes some warming, but my speculation based on the data so far is that cosmic entities largely beyond our control are causing most of the change we see today.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
what a surprise ...

there is nothing to say about it ... thats just shameful

why nobody bothered to talk about it before? now their agenda is already sold, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What is really amazing, and it would be funny, if this weren't so serious is the following:

Under a scheme called ‘Sea Grant’ NOAA collaborates with national universities to compile an official federal temperature record. In this instance, the partnership is with Michigan University’s ‘Coastal Watch.’

Together the two institutions show temperature maps for northern Lake Michigan registering an absurd 430 degrees Fahrenheit -yes, you read it right –that’s four hundred and thirty degrees-and this is by no means the highest temperature recorded on the charts.
In the heated debate about Earth’s ever-changing climate you certainly don’t need to be scientist to figure out that the Great Lakes would have boiled away at a mere 212 degrees so something has seriously gone awry inside this well-funded program.

In addition to its civilian employees, NOAA research and operations are supported by 300 uniformed service members who make up the NOAA Commissioned Officer Corps. But don’t bet on anyone being court-marshalled over this latest global warming fiasco.

Paid for entirely from federal taxes, the shamed public body’s key responsibilities include warning of dangerous weather and protection of ocean and coastal resources, and conducts research to improve understanding and stewardship of the environment.

Michigan State University Also Complicit in Fraud?

latin.wunderground.com...

It is truly amazing that such erroneous temperatures were allowed to stand for so long, before someone noticed them. Maybe they thought no one would look into them, but would just accept the summarized data at face value.
One thing is certain. Either this is fraud, or these "scientists" are the dumbest scientists the world has ever known.Either way, these are your federal tax dollars at work! Gives you that warm feeling, doesn't it? You know what that warm feeling running down your leg is- either it's Chris MAtthews tingling down your leg over Obama, or your federal government tinkling down your leg. Both scenarios are scary!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There was some speculation that the claimatefraud website that brought this daft nonsense to widespread attention might be a spoof site, but it seems the owner of the website genuinely believes that this data is actually used to calculated temperature

Anyway, some more info here:

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
So would this make a site like (NOAA). a bit dubious as a source ...HMMMM.

If any site is government backed - I wouldn't trust it.
They're told what to state as fact, (I mean, if it's a fact it's gotta be right, right?)

I'm getting ready for the Indian Summer that they've forecast for the UK, and then the winter.. better get feeding my gas meter, these energy companies just end up making more and more profit, every year. Doesn't that tell you something?

The incompetence of government/supposed scientific data going missing or taken offline doesn't surprise me one aorta.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Needrollkilla

It is not only the Sun. Some other members and myself have been trying to show the AGW believers that there are forces in the universe that can change not only the climate of Earth, but can increase the seismic, and magmatic activity on Earth.

I have posted it many times in the past, even back in 1978 scientists knew that a dramatic Climate Change was going to happen in the "near" future because the entire Solar System was approaching a different region in the local interstellar cloud that would change the dynamics, and impact Earth and every planet in the Solar System.

Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the near future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

EVERY planet with an atmosphere in the Solar System has been undergoing DRAMATIC Climate Change, and in the form of warming none the less.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are also "some" of the research papers I have posted before that show solar activity, and other factors/sources from outside the Solar System influence Earth, and every planet in many ways, including the seismic/magmatic activity.

Yet some people like to claim "that is just a coincidence"...

When the Sun's activity went down the last 3 years, other sources from outside the Solar System were able to influence Earth, the other planets and even the Sun more because our defenses were down.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cosmic Rays Hit Space Age High

ScienceDaily (Sep. 29, 2009) — Planning a trip to Mars? Take plenty of shielding. According to sensors on NASA's ACE (Advanced Composition Explorer) spacecraft, galactic cosmic rays have just hit a Space Age high.

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything weve seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in solar activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down. Right now solar activity is as weak as it has been in modern times, setting the stage for what Mewaldt calls "a perfect storm of cosmic rays."

"Were experiencing the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century," says Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center, "so it is no surprise that cosmic rays are at record levels for the Space Age."

www.sciencedaily.com...

NASA Discovers New Sun-Earth Connection

Spring is aurora season. For reasons not fully understood by scientists, the weeks around the vernal equinox are prone to Northern Lights. [...] This is a bit of a puzzle. Auroras are caused by solar activity, but the Sun doesn’t know what season it is on Earth [...]

Such outbursts are called auroral substorms and they have long puzzled space physicists. [...]

NASA’s THEMIS mission–a fleet of five spacecraft launched in Feb. 2007 to study the substorm phenomenon [...] may have found the substorm power supply–and a springtime connection:

The satellites have detected magnetic ropes connecting Earths upper atmosphere directly to the Sun,” says Dave Sibeck, project scientist for the mission at the Goddard Space Flight Center. “We believe that solar wind particles flow in along these ropes, providing energy for geomagnetic storms and auroras.”

It turns out that rope-like magnetic connections between Sun and Earth are favored in springtime. It’s a matter of geometry: As Earth goes around in its orbit, Earth’s tilted magnetic poles make different angles with respect to the Sun, tipping back and forth with a one-year cadence. Around the time of the equinox, Earth’s magnetic field is best oriented for “connecting-up” with the Sun. [...]

Geomagnetic disturbances are almost twice as likely in spring and fall vs. winter and summer, according to 75 years of historical records [...]

omniclimate.wordpress.com...

And do you know what scientists discovered occurred when the Sun's activity slowed down to a crawl?

Surprise In Earth's Upper Atmosphere: Mode Of Energy Transfer From The Solar Wind

www.sciencedaily.com
"Its like something else is heating the atmosphere besides the sun. This discovery is like finding it got hotter when the sun went down," said Larry Lyons, UCLA professor of atmospheric and oceanic sciences and a co-author of the research, which is in press in two companion papers in the Journal of Geophysical Research.

Further down on the article you can read the following

"We all have thought for our entire careers — I learned it as a graduate student — that this energy transfer rate is primarily controlled by the direction of the interplanetary magnetic field," Lyons said. "The closer to southward-pointing the magnetic field is, the stronger the energy transfer rate is, and the stronger the magnetic field is in that direction. If it is both southward and big, the energy transfer rate is even bigger."

However, Lyons, Kim and their colleagues analyzed radar data that measure the strength of the interaction by measuring flows in the ionosphere, the part of Earth's upper atmosphere ionized by solar radiation. The results surprised them.

"Any space physicist, including me, would have said a year ago there could not be substorms when the interplanetary magnetic field was staying northward, but that's wrong," Lyons said. "Generally, it's correct, but when you have a fluctuating interplanetary magnetic field, you can have substorms going off once per hour.

"Heejeong used detailed statistical analysis to prove this phenomenon is real. Convection in the magnetosphere and ionosphere can be strongly driven by these fluctuations, independent of the direction of the interplanetary magnetic field."

www.sciencedaily.com...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I have to agree with you on this. Piers Corbyn (I did an ATS search on him and only found one thread I think) where he talks about the SLAM (Solar, Lunar Amplification Magnetosphere) theory. I know he's not very well liked by some of the MS forecasters and astrophysicists, mainly because he says that Global Warming isn't caused by man, but by the cycle of the planets. Global warming is just used to create carbon taxes. I can remember hearing all of the hype in the 80's about there being a hole in the ozone layer, to me, that's when I first heard about this global warming, and I've heard about it ever since. I don't doubt the fact that there's more emissions going up into the atmosphere now than there was 20/30 years ago, but now that we're in a solar maximum, isn't the earth going to react to that? I think we can all conclude without a shadow of a doubt, that the weather has changed, and still is. Something we're all going to have to get used to I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by smash_the_system

I'm getting ready for the Indian Summer that they've forecast for the UK

Well that's not till October
Before then we have a wet & windy September to get through (that's if any credible long range forecasts are to be believed!)

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I hope that consumers of this kind of information are not surprised. The "global warming/climate change" fallacy is one of the biggest psychological operations ever conducted. It was conducted in order to capitalize on peoples' desire to "clean up the world" and legitimately act in good faith in being stewards of the earth.

The climate change psyop was developed and conducted by some of the most ruthless, devious and evil people in human history in an effort to cheat folks out of their money and soverignty. It was and is a huge lie bankrolled by people like George Soros and Al Gore, who stand to make billions if the carbon offset trading scheme is ever legitimized by the U. S. Federal Government.

The global warming science is most certainly not settled, as Al Gore claimed a few years ago. It is, and always has been a fraud and a lie.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It appears they know their jig is up so they're trying to slowly prepare the public.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Nonsense, really?...
I guess Hansen, the director of NASA, for example hasn't been caught on several occassions to accept and publish data which was not only flawed but wrong...

I guess the emails that were hacked don't show that the main, and most ardent AGW scientists wee lying, falsifying data, and doing everything possible legally, and illegally to keep people in the dark about the truth of AGW and Climate Change...

I guess the top brass of the IPCC didn't have to admit that they published false information such as the himalaya glaciers melting in 2035 when in fact the data said it COULD be in 2350 or so...

This sort of information shows how deep and far reaching is the whole AGW SCAM...

This scam involves several governments which ahve been pushing for a One World Government "to fight AGW" and they even claim to be able to fight Climate Change.

This scam involves several government and "non-profit" organizations and groups which were involved in this global SCAM...

Nonsense indeed heh Essan?...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Needrollkilla
Regardless of whether the earth is getting hotter or colder, I don't think too many people can be found who would say the earth's climate is currently stable and hasn't been changing at all for years.

Earths climate has NEVER been "stable"

It's been a whole lot warmer than now, and it's been a whole lot colder - it's the cyclical nature of the planet.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by Essan

Nonsense, really?...
I guess Hansen, the director of NASA, for example hasn't been caught on several occassions to accept and publish data which was not only flawed but wrong...

I guess the emails that were hacked don't show that the main, and most ardent AGW scientists wee lying, falsifying data, and doing everything possible legally, and illegally to keep people in the dark about the truth of AGW and Climate Change...

I guess the top brass of the IPCC didn't have to admit that they published false information such as the himalaya glaciers melting in 2035 when in fact the data said it COULD be in 2350 or so...

This sort of information shows how deep and far reaching is the whole AGW SCAM...

This scam involves several governments which ahve been pushing for a One World Government "to fight AGW" and they even claim to be able to fight Climate Change.

This scam involves several government and "non-profit" organizations and groups which were involved in this global SCAM...

Nonsense indeed heh Essan?...

Quite jaw dropping how misinformation perpetuates. But then again I suppose it gives the skeptics a nice warm fuzzy feeling to keep believing in BS. When I read 2350 I nearly choked , the actual number was ..... (fill in the blanks its bleedin obvious). The spelling mistake of 2035 was repeated by the IPCC however, unlike skeptics, they have since come clean and admitted it was a SPELLING mistake.

How many skeptics have admitted to misrepresenting data? NOT FREAKIN ONE!!! Shame on you all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join