It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great ATS Thought Experiment (LOA)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I don't think it really works like that. Most of the LOA stuff I've read says that this doesn't happen, and that there is plenty of good stuff to go around for everyone.

When I first read about it I had a bit of an experiment and tried to make a little bit of money come my way. It took a few weeks but sure enough I got a cheque for £300 from the sale of a deceased relatives accordian.

Then I tried again, for abit more money this time. Rather than money appearing however, I have been offered a life changing oppertunity which should help me get on with all the things I've wanted to do but not got around to yet.

Even before I'd raed about LOA there was a series of uncanny coincidences, things just falling into place and working out. Looking back and examining these events lead to believe that it was the LOA at work!

Sorry to hear about Pete mate, hope he recovers soon!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by March of the Fire Ants

I don't think it really works like that. Most of the LOA stuff I've read says that this doesn't happen, and that there is plenty of good stuff to go around for everyone.

When I first read about it I had a bit of an experiment and tried to make a little bit of money come my way. It took a few weeks but sure enough I got a cheque for £300 from the sale of a deceased relatives accordian.

Then I tried again, for abit more money this time. Rather than money appearing however, I have been offered a life changing oppertunity which should help me get on with all the things I've wanted to do but not got around to yet.

Even before I'd raed about LOA there was a series of uncanny coincidences, things just falling into place and working out. Looking back and examining these events lead to believe that it was the LOA at work!

I have to admit that my knowledge of LOA is limited even after reading SkyFloathing's entire thread on the subject. But what I do see in your example is that you are "wishing" things that will only benefit you.

According to my believe (never do to others what you do not wish for yourself) or reversed (always do to others what you wish for yourself) would demand that you spend those £300 on somebody who needs it more then you in order to keep your karma nice and shiny...

Let's over exaggerate here to make a clearer picture...

Suppose the whole of humanity consisted of only 10 people. If all these 10 people would be thinking of making a little bit of money come their way, will they all get what they want or does it then become a matter of who was the most focused??

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think your partially right, in that idealy LOA shouldn't be used in a 'selfish' way, but that was just a test! The problem with that sort of (IMO) overly selfless attitude, is that there will always be someone with less than you. Should you continuously search this person out and give them everything you have? My intention is to learn to control LOA (assuming it's real and all that, I'm pretty sure but you never know haha) and to get myself into a position where I am more able to give to others, consistently and without 'taking' from myself. I'm no expert on karma but I reckon your allowed to love yourself a bit!

I'm not so sure how it works when it comes to a battle of wills, as in mutually exclusive desires. I guess the 'universe.. whatever' would sit as some sort of impartial judge and figure out what was best for all parties. Chances are that one party may be opposing the other in error, as in, they may not fully understand what they want/need, in which case the 'judge' would adjust accordingly...?

With your 'world of 10 people' example I'm not totally sure. I dare say if Alistair Crowley was one of the ten it wouldn't be much of a competition but I beleive there is plently of whatever you want to go around. I beleive scarcity is a myth!

On a side note...

Considering LOA, what do you make of the 'New Agers' vs 'NWO fear junkies'? Could this simply be an epic clash of will power?*

I like reading everything on here but I know which world I'd rather live in after 2012 or whenever it's all sposed to kick off.

*just to clarify, 'New Agers' and 'NWO fear junkies' are pretty lame generalizations but there does seem to be 2 fairly distinct camps in the conspiricy world..

Edit - By the way, a few months before I ever read anything about conspiracies I found Operation Mindcrime (on vinyl of course) half price and bought it without ever having heard it/them. Great album and one of a few 'wake up' calls I stumbled across around then!

[edit on 17-8-2010 by March of the Fire Ants]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Here is something I wrote on a thread discussing 'The Secret':

The Secret

I think its relevant, I agree with operation mindcrimes logic on this one. Also someone mentioned the palcebo effect, possibly the most powerful effect in the world.

It basically reinforces the fact that we can shape our own reality through mind over matter.

If you take the very idea of mind before matter. You can talk as much metaphysics as you want, but taken simply this is a very true statement. We do not yet know how the mind works or how thoughts develop. What we do know is that there is an electrical impulse in the brain, which fires synapses and nerves.

If I tell myself to move my hand, these signals then travers through the nervous system, and my hand will be moved. This raises many questions such as holographic mind, phantom lims etc. But what it does tell us that through the very nature of electricity, that thought starts a chain of events (movement of electrons) which results in an action.

Now why must that action be limited to the human body? And the very action of moving your hand through space and therefore time, means that you are having an effect on the universe, however small. This implies to me that it COULD be possible, to manipulate reality through the use of the mind.

This is why I am so interested in the metaphysics, because EVERYTHING is related. The mind is the prime mover of the universe.

With the example of the third world and the billionaires, I think that there would always be limitations of what one could do with their life. Not everyone could be a billionaire, as there is no equilibrium there. The universe favours balance, it is a universal law. It is governed by forces we don't realy undrstand.

Again take astrology. Alot of you may dismiss it as folklore, new-age or whatever. But take the fact that planets have a gravitational force. Why could this not be affecting us and we not know, just like there are millions of differen wavelength signals around you right now.

Again science is even starting to consider the fact that the three forces are actaully constituents of one greater force. This is what traditions have taught for thousands of years!

Finally it has been proven that living things have energy fields, and that negative and positive thoughts have different effects on our bodies. Again, this by the very nature of reality means that we are effecting the universe, not just ourselves!

To sum up before I bore people, I see no reason whatsover that the Law of Attraction could not be part of the universe, but it is also controlled by the greater forces of the universe so there are limtations.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
just my two cents man i think about money and cadillacs all day. sometimes i even have dreams about them... why aren't they appearing at my house? just wondering

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
For those following this, Just an update. I'm having to do 12 hour shifts at the hospital with my family member, so getting all the links and guidelines posted is going real slow. I was trying to put a guide together that answers all the questions you could have about the LOA in a nutshell as well as links to external free information. There is a lot of conflicting view points about the LOA depending who you listen to and and different views on how to do it right and what to do when it does not seem to be working. All this I will get done for the experiment in due time so please just bear with me. I have not abandoned the experiment.

I wanted to chime in on the idea about taking away from someone else. This assumes that the Universe (or God depending on your view) is finite and limited. This is contrary to what both religious teachings and quantum physics tells us.

A really good film to watch on this is called, "What The Beep." The whole film is about quantum physics and what it teaches about our beliefs in relation to scientific theories and facts. From research and observations quantum physics shows us that we not only create our own reality but we do so from an infinite pool of possibilities that has infinite resources available to it. There is never a need to take something from one person to give to someone else.

Here is the 1st part of the movie in 5 parts
www.livevideo.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Something to consider..

Are you thinking of yourself with the money and cadillacs and really 'feeling' the emotion you would feel, or are you more concentrating on how much you want these things, but don't have them as yet? This is an important distinction! Apparently lol

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

JohnPhoenix,

I wanted to chime in on the idea about taking away from someone else. This assumes that the Universe (or God depending on your view) is finite and limited. This is contrary to what both religious teachings and quantum physics tells us.

God and quantum physics don't have a sense of "I"......

Our (perceived) reality is based on duality. If there is one thing then the opposite must also exist in order to validate it's existence. (rich-poor / light-dark / small-big / you-me etc. etc.)

If you are going to step outside the realm of duality (reality) you are going to have to leave behind "you"....

In this sense it is absolutely absurd to "attract" for it is indeed already within the infinite (which is basically you, me, everything)....

So if you are going to attract things in this plane of reality it is bound to influence the other side of the spectrum of what you "wish" for.

I.e. I cannot "attract" a million dollars without those million dollars coming from somewhere......,right??

Am I making sense??

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join