It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Private Viewspot of Area 51

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Update on the mine lawsuit:

www.lccentral.com...

County District Attorney Daniel Hooge said in the county commission meeting April 3 that Lincoln County is “bowing out” of involvement in the Groom Mine Eminent Domain case. He recommended to the board they file a disclaimer and get out of the case. “The problem is,” he explained, “that we don’t really have any way to help, and after being involved in it for awhile, I think our being a party might actually hurt them, (the Sheehan family). Really we are more like a conflicting interest to them. What they are doing now in the case is fighting over the assets. There are multiple people and families involved in figuring how to split up the pie.” He continued, “The county would only get a piece of the pie if we were owed taxes, which we are not. The taxes are up to date. We have no claim to the property in question.” The Sheehan family has been involved for several years in a dispute with the Air Force over some land at Groom Lake on the Nevada Test and Training Range. “This is pretty complex piece of litigation,” Hooge said, “and our being involved is not really helping at all.” In responding to a question of would the county “continue to collect taxes off of that?” Hooge said he could not answer that question prior to a meeting to be held May 19. Hooge said the Sheehan’s are not fighting the Eminent Domain by the Air Force, just the value of the land and how to disperse it. A settlement conference was scheduled for April 13. Commissioners approved a motion to file the disclaimer. Paul Donohue was absent.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Family fighting land seizure accuses US of ‘bullying tactics’

Family fighting land seizure accuses US of ‘bullying tactics’
By Keith Rogers Las Vegas Review-Journal
May 2, 2017 - 6:46 pm
Updated May 2, 2017 - 11:01 pm

A Nevada family fighting the U.S. Air Force over the eminent domain seizure of its property near the top-secret Area 51 base says that the service is also refusing to pay them for millions of dollars worth of antiques they were forced to abandon. The Groom Mine antiques — including a 100-year-old blacksmith anvil, a 1929 Model A Ford, ore buckets and a 19th century steam engine — are worth millions of dollars, not the hundreds of thousands of dollars the federal government has said it will pay in total for the property relocation, according to documents filed in the ongoing land dispute in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas. Joe Sheahan, spokesman for the family that owned the property since 1885, said Tuesday the government failed to include the value of the family’s artifacts in its appraisal, which valued the seized property at $333,300.

If true, then Nevada is littered with abandoned mines with priceless antiques. WOOHOO, I'm gonna be rich!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS

FYI the link has a slide show.

Model A cars are quite cheap. They were mass produced. On a good day, you might get $20k if fully restored.

At this point in the lawsuit, you really have to wonder about the competency of their legal council.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
FYI the link has a slide show.
Model A cars are quite cheap. They were mass produced. On a good day, you might get $20k if fully restored.
At this point in the lawsuit, you really have to wonder about the competency of their legal council.

I should try and sympathize, but it seems to be more about the $$$ than any sentimental value.
"What they are doing now in the case is fighting over the assets. There are multiple people and families involved in figuring how to split up the pie."

Whatever legal action is going on seems more about making as much noise as possible in the media, in the hopes the DoD pays up so they will shut up.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

www.thedrive.com...

More belly aching.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

www.thedrive.com...

More belly aching.

Yah, I just got that in my Google Alert. Someone's favorite anvil went missing.

Which means - the Sheahan's are still allowed on the property?

Sounds like more bovine scatology, thrown at the wall to see if it sticks. More media coverage.

EDITED TO ADD: just noticed this: "The owners noticed the historic anvil was missing shortly after arriving on-site to conduct a personal property review with the U.S. Government’s moving company in November of 2015."
What's that, 18 months ago?
edit on 10-5-2017 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

While we're at it, it isn't like you can't move a 200lb anvil. I've probably hauled more firewood in my truck than 200lbs.

How much do you want to bet if the USAF offered to move their "antiques" for free in lieu of a couple of million in cash, the deal would not be accepted. Or if the feds gave then an old mine of which there are countless around the range, that wouldn't do either.

Sometimes on "Let's Make a Deal", if you go for what is behind the curtain, you lose.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

While we're at it, it isn't like you can't move a 200lb anvil. I've probably hauled more firewood in my truck than 200lbs.

How much do you want to bet if the USAF offered to move their "antiques" for free in lieu of a couple of million in cash, the deal would not be accepted. Or if the feds gave then an old mine of which there are countless around the range, that wouldn't do either.

Sometimes on "Let's Make a Deal", if you go for what is behind the curtain, you lose.

I was thinking they should put it all in a nice pile, right outside the border on BLM land.

I've visited a number of those old mines. They usually come with their own selection of "priceless antiques". One rusty gear/anvil/commode should be as valuable as the next.

edit on 11-5-2017 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Damned, there goes that video... Poof!
Did not get a chance to see it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join