It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhammad's Promise to the Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Muhammad believed that Jesus was a holy man and prophet. Though denied that he was god. Here are some versus in the Koran about Jesus.

Since Muhammad denied that Jesus was God, that pretty much makes him an Anti-Christian. Not in the negative sense, but in the spiritual sense.

link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

That's got nothing to do with anything. Oh and tolerance doesn't mean you accept someone's belief as being equal to your own or that you participate.

Try to preach 'tolerance' in islamic nation's and see how far it gets you. Go try good ole tolerance in Pakistan. Especially the rural areas. Try it in Iran, Saudi Arabia and so on. Christians are persecuted today more than ever in history.

I spent nearly two years of my life in an Islamic country (Iraq) and I can tell you that most people I encountered were many times more tolerant than you. I never once was questioned about my religion, nor was anyone that I knew. Any ill sentiment in the Middle East isn't typically towards a religion, its towards the forces (like me) that were/are occupying their country.

And I never said tolerance meant you have to accept another's religion as equal - Just treat it with respect. Do unto others and all that stuff

link   
Certainly the followers of Muhammad distorted his teachings as the followers of Jesus [Without doubt] distorted his.

Who distorted the most, only God knows!

[edit on 15-8-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Im confused?!

Muhammed cannot "promise" anyone anything. He was just a drunken man threatened by an angel (or demon) to preach what he did or die

How the *snip* is a book that says to "convert or die", condones decapitating women for petty crime PEACEFUL?

And what kind of god is allah if he had to send an angel to threaten muhammed with death and worseif he did not preach?

What kind of prophet rapes, wars, and is a drunk?

I am sick of all these weak kneed leftists pulling the "religion of peace", or "read the quran" card when obviously they know nothing of either.

Furthermore, allah is not jehovah, in fact allah has more in common with the biblical "satan".

OPEN YOUR EYES YOU FOOLS

Im all for freedom to do whatever, but dont be ignorant, look around you. Is it the christians, buddhists, hindu's, atheists: hijacking planes, blowing up hotels, rocketing schools, and suicide bombing crowded sreets?

NO

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wademus

One thing you said is true, "I am confused"

You certainly are

You are a load of hatred and bigotry incarnate, and add ignorance.

Here I am trying to unite Christians and Muslims, as much as can be done with all the hatred, and all you could do is spew your own hatred and ignorance that only adds to suffering and human division.

A small group of so called Muslims do what you say and you blame the other billion for that.

It is you who have no logic or reason behind your ideas.

What if we blamed all christians for the many crimes commited over the years in the name of Christ.
It is you who lack reason, logic, and common sense.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Here I am trying to unite Christians and Muslims, as much as can be done with all the hatred, and all you could do is spew your own hatred and ignorance that only adds to suffering and human division.

When we talk about 9/11/2001, the attack killed people of diverse religions. As you see people standing against Islamic extremists, keep in mind that not all of them are Christian. Islamic extremist killed a wide range of religious groups. Including their own.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

That's not how it went down. They were invasions.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

And the Crusades were what exactly?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

You had no problems because you weren't practicing it. Devoted Christians suffer. Christian priests have been murdered in Iraq during this war. Such as Father Ragheed Ganni. This is a hymn by him.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300

That's not how it went down. There were invasions.

Exactly. Majority of Islam's invasion on Europe happened while Rome was being rebuilt. As a result of an Islamic invasion force fighting their way through southern Europe, King Richard and many others had to unite and fend them off (The Crusades). Islam was on a massive crusade of their own fighting to kill off everyone in Europe.

PBS did an excellent documentary about this exact history.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300

That's not how it went down. There were invasions.

Exactly. Majority of Islam's invasion on Europe happened while Rome was being rebuilt. As a result of an Islamic invasion force fighting their way through southern Europe, King Richard and many others had to unite and fend them off (The Crusades).

PBS did an excellent documentary about this exact history.

Yeah I saw that too. It was worth watching.

reply to post by misinformational

They were supposed to be the answer to the Islamic invasion of Jerusalem but that was corrupt too.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It is amazing just how hypocritical folks with your narrow-minded, bigoted, and ignorant view can be.

Regardless of the reason, they were invasions. The end.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Who cares what Mohammed said. Islam of today had nothing to do with those words (if they are true). Try to be a Christian living your life as it should in Saudi or Afganistan and see how tolerant they are.
The reason those in the West 'fear' them is because the ignorant will accept it until it's strong enough to be the dominant force in a country and then all the laws change.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You had no problems because you weren't practicing it. Devoted Christians suffer. Christian priests have been murdered in Iraq during this war. Such as Father Ragheed Ganni.

That's just not true. Perhaps a single Chaplain was killed as were many of my brothers. But this wasn't because of their religious views, nor was it because the insurgents represented the people of Iraq - because they don't.

You are speaking without any knowledge of what you speak. You have been fed lies by people wishing to further an agenda of fear. I have first hand experience of which I speak - Please do yourself a favor some unbiased research and make an intelligible opinion for yourself - not of those with the agenda.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Let us cease all this bickering

Both sides will do atrocities against each other.
It has gone on that way since ethnocentric divisions of humans began.

It makes little sense in saying which side is right when anytime anybody hurts or oppresses anyone for their belief is wrong.

All sides have done it to each other to varying degrees

Does It make sense in going over this

I do it only when people try to single out one group as the only one doing atrocities.

Many people don’t know that right now in Burma Buddhists are oppressing Muslims

Now how would it look if I dammed all Buddhists for that?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The big secret is that Christians and Muslims and Jews believe in the same thing.
Their differences are only semantic

One day we will all know this and look back on this fighting in shame

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I represent no side.. Only freedom of religion and tolerance.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
As with all organized religions, Islam is not walking the path that was intended for it when it was created. All religions become corrupt because men control them and men are flawed.

Just like in recording music or video, the more copies made the less quality it is, generationaly there is always degradation. People get comfortable in their own thinking, and when group think begins, its look out world, war is about to strike.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
All religions have become perverted, ALL of them. Judaism is perverted by Zionists, Islam and Christianity by their own extremists and false preachers, teachers and institutions-all of which are control mechanisms to suppress the Spirit, yours and mine. I truly believe the One who would reject what has become in His name first and foremost is Christ Himself.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Many people don’t know that right now in Burma Buddhists are oppressing Muslims

Now how would it look if I dammed all Buddhists for that?

Were they attacked by the Muslims in question?

Second, according to some religious scholars, Jesus Christ met and broke bread with Buddhist monks.

Buddhists are pacifistic people. If they are provoked to attack, they will do everything possible to defuse the situation.

I deeply respect the Buddhists. I have many friends who practice that religion. I love them as my brothers and sisters.

I love all of God's creatures. Islamic people as well.

I just have a problem with Islamic extremists.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join