It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophet Muhammad's Promise to the Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

In 628 CE, a delegation from St. Catherine’s Monastery came to Prophet Muhammed and requested his protection.

He responded by granting them a charter of rights, which I reproduce below in its entirety. St. Catherine’s Monastery is located at the foot of Mt. Sinai and is the world’s oldest monastery.

www.quranclub.net...

knol.google.com...#

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

The entire post was a copy-and-paste from the indicated source.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: removed full-page paste of external content

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As with all organized religions, Islam is not walking the path that was intended for it when it was created. All religions become corrupt because men control them and men are flawed.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thank you, this confirms some thoughts I had. Yes, religion can be a good thing. It`s just been used by evil men and twisted so far for so long, it`s no longer recognizable and so now the general consensus is that "religion causes so much war & death & ignorance" even tho the "religion" itself didn`t and can`t do anything. It almost seems like there is no point in trying to find the "original" ways. We may as well start over.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thank you for this post .S&F for you. Sometimes its really hard to make heads nor tales of things but when put into a historical prospective it gives us pause for thought. thanks and peace to you

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I agree.. Christianity has become an accessory that most people put on every Sunday morning. Christ's teachings were by and large lost. From what I've seen most people who are "Christian" and also support the truth movement use the Bible to support their already preconceived hatred. They don't realize that to be follow of Christ is to completely sacrifice oneself and help others, not go around judging what is right and wrong, preaching opinions, and beating everyone over the head with Bible passages.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by frozenspark]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ok....so let me get this right.....

Islam will defend the Christians, but kill all the pagans and people that leave Islam.

That's disgusting. We are all children of God. If God wants my pagan butt dead, GOD can do it him or her self...and will one day. Hopefully soon, before Muslims take over the US.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If we were serious about fighting a war against terrorism, maybe we would re-print authentic, documents (like this) and air deploy them into areas where support for religious terrorism is growing?

Just an idea, that's gotta to have been rejected by someone high up, (am i wrong wonder whether a conspiracy is the reason?) (i.e. the fact that those who are fighting U.S troops, are also doing the work of serving our government, far more than anyone in the West could!)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We should do away with every Abrahamic Religion. They all are NOTHING but TROUBLE.

NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!!

Humans were given brains that are advanced enough to give them the ability to distinguish what is good behavior and what is bad behavior. Why do we need to refer to some ancient superstitions and their stories that consist of 99% NONSENSE and BAD behavor, while only having ONLY 1% of good moral and respectable teachings to it? WHY???!!!

Makes no sense when you really look at it all from a non-brainswashed perspective. REALLY!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Baloney

The problem is not with the religions it is with the men who control religions . Leaders who the thought of control is a aphrodisiac and they are addicted to it . Religious leaders use God and the after life the persuade people . The persuade them to hate judge and kill non believers . Politicians are no better they use patriotism , rules and laws for the same end . Their own agenda . To hate kill and take land resources for the betterment of the nation .

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That was very nice of the Prophet, PBUH, and I've never seen any evidence that it is untrue, but it is doing the coptic christians in Egypt very little good. They are still getting raped, murdered, their churches damaged or destroyed, and forbidden to build new ones.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oh yeah lots of good stuff from the Quran...

Not that i think much of the Christians or Jews either....

Here are some real gems from the Quran...

Qur'an 5:17 "Verily they are disbelievers and infidels who say, 'The Messiah, son of Mary, is God.'"

Qur'an 5:51 "Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other."

Qur'an 5:72 "They are surely infidels who blaspheme and say: 'God is Christ, the Messiah, the son of Mary.' But the Messiah only said: 'O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.'"

Qur'an 72:15 "But the Qasitun (disbelievers) are the firewood of hell."

Qur'an 88:1 "Has the narration reached you of the overwhelming (calamity)? Some faces (Jews and Christians) that Day, will be humiliated, downcast, scorched by the burning fire, while they are made to drink from a boiling hot spring."

Qur'an 9:29 "Fight those who do not believe in Allah or the Last Day, who do not forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, or acknowledge the Religion of Truth (Islam), (even if they are) People of the Book (Christians and Jews), until they pay the Jizyah tribute tax in submission, feeling themselves subdued and brought low." [Another translation says:] "pay the tax in acknowledgment of our superiority and their state of subjection."

There is a WWHHOOLLEE lot more, but I am sure you Islam lovers
need to get to the mosque to get in some knee time.

For all the Islamic ppl trying to spread their religion around the world
go back to where you came from and leave us alone.

We have played this game before without nuclear weapons, this
time it will end badly for everyone.

Good Luck to all the good ppl !

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by christianpatrick
That was very nice of the Prophet, PBUH, and I've never seen any evidence that it is untrue, but it is doing the coptic christians in Egypt very little good. They are still getting raped, murdered, their churches damaged or destroyed, and forbidden to build new ones.

Really? In Egypt? I would like to see a link on that.

Secondly, are you saying that most Christians are following the path of Christ?

That said the one thing I find interesting is that Islam sees Jesus as a prophet. Christianity doesn't recognize Muhammad at all. Think about that.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Secondly, are you saying that most Christians are following the path of Christ?

That said the one thing I find interesting is that Islam sees Jesus as a prophet. Christianity doesn't recognize Muhammad at all. Think about that.

Here is three, there are others.

www.nytimes.com...

www.catholic.org...

www.persecution.org...

I guess they could be lying, but please consider that all ppl
including Muslims also lie.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Violence In Egypt Against Christians

Years ago I worked with a family of Egyptian Christians who had come to the US to flee this problem. They had some real horror stories about this stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Surely you know of the persecution of the Coptic Christians in Egypt?

[edit on 063131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
isn't there always 2 sides to the story?

IRAN: Life of Jews Living in Iran

Iran remains home to Jewish enclave.

By Barbara Demick

TEHRAN - The Jewish women in the back rows of the synagogue wear long garments in the traditional Iranian style, but instead of chadors, their heads are covered with cheerful, flowered scarves. The boys in their skullcaps, with Hebrew prayer books tucked under their arms, scamper down the aisles to grab the best spots near the lush, turquoise Persian carpet of the altar. This is Friday night, Shabbat - Iranian style, and the synagogue in an affluent neighborhood of North Tehran is filled to capacity with more than 400 worshipers.

It is one of the many paradoxes of the Islamic Republic of Iran that this most virulent anti-Israeli country supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country.

While Jewish communities in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Egypt, Morocco and Algeria have all but vanished, Iran is home to 25,000 - some here say 35,000 - Jews. The Jewish population is less than half the number that lived here before the Islamic revolution of 1979. But the Jews have tried to compensate for their diminishing numbers by adopting a new religious fervor.

''The funny thing is that before the Islamic revolution, you would see maybe 20 old men in the synagogue,'' whispers Nahit Eliyason, 48, as she climbs over four other women to find one of the few vacant seats. ''Now the place is full. You can barely find a seat.'' Parvis Yashaya, a film producer who heads Tehran's Jewish community, adds: ''We are smaller, but we are stronger in some ways.''

Tehran has 11 functioning synagogues, many of them with Hebrew schools. It has two kosher restaurants, and a Jewish hospital, an old-age home and a cemetery. There is a Jewish representative in the Iranian parliament. There is a Jewish library with 20,000 titles, its reading room decorated with a photograph of the Ayatollah Khomeini.

article continued

* Published 10:57 19.01.10
* Latest update 12:15 19.01.10

Syria's Mufti: Islam commands us to protect Judaism
Sheikh Hassoun tells U.S. group: If Mohammed told me Jews or Christians were heretic, I would say he was a heretic.
By Haaretz Service Tags: Islam Jewish World Syria Israel news

Syria's foremost Muslim leader declared on Tuesday that Islam commands its followers to protect Judaism, according to Army Radio.

"If the Prophet Mohammed had asked me to deem Christians or Jews heretics, I would have deemed Mohammed himself a heretic," Sheikh Ahmed Hassoun, the Mufti of Syria, was quoted as telling a delegation of American academics visiting Damascus.

Hassoun, the leader of Syria's majority Sunni Muslim community, also told the delegates that Islam was a religion of peace, adding: "If Mohammed had commanded us to kill people, I would have told him he was not a prophet."

Religious wars were the result of politics infiltrating systems of faith, he said, asking:

"Was Moses of Middle Eastern or European descent? Was Jesus a Protestant or a Catholic? Was Mohammed Shi'ite or Sunni?"

According to the Mufti, the conflict between Israel and its Arabs neighbors has nothing to do with an Islamic war against Judaism.

"Before you got American citizenship, and I got Syrian citizenship, we were all brothers under the dome of God," he said.

Jews had once lived in Syria peacefully and with fair treatment, he added, explaining that his own grandfather had a Jewish partner.

"Jews lived in Syria for years and they still have a role in Syrian society," he said.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OK, I read your sources.

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
Here is three, there are others.

www.nytimes.com...

A murderer that was fighting extradition.

www.catholic.org...

Vatican hit piece that only gives half of the story.

www.persecution.org...

Best of your sources but looks like a political arm of the Coptics. It goes into the governmental aspects of the country. Not saying it's not valid but I'm still not seeing widespread abuse of Christians in Egypt. Hell, the Christians have been there for 2000 years.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Google is your friend. If you would like to see links, google
coptic + egypt + persecution

It will give you 120,000 hits.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I would like to know your source of Quran quote because they are slightly different from the ones i got...

Yours...

Qur'an 5:17 "Verily they are disbelievers and infidels who say, 'The Messiah, son of Mary, is God.'"

Mine...

[5:17] Pagans indeed are those who say that GOD is the Messiah, the son of Mary. Say, "Who could oppose GOD if He willed to annihilate the Messiah, son of Mary, and his mother, and everyone on earth?" To GOD belongs the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and everything between them. He creates whatever He wills. GOD is Omnipotent.

Yours...

Qur'an 5:51 "Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends. They are but friends and protectors to each other."

Mine...

[5:51] O you who believe, do not take certain Jews and Christians as allies; these are allies of one another. Those among you who ally themselves with these belong with them. GOD does not guide the transgressors.

I got mine from...

Source

Besides... What religion/ideology/belief system doesn’t think that other religions/ideologies/belief systems are wrong???

If they thought the others were right then what would be their point in existing...

I could imagine the passage...

"Verily i say to you... follow the ways of the Christians because they are right and we are wrong"

LOL

What would the point of that be

All you have done is pointed to passages that enforce the Qurans belief that Islam is the truth and that other religions are wrong...

The bible does the same...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

How can you compare?

Jesus allegedly lived approx 600years before Mohammed was born.

How could and why would a religion that is based upon the alleged divinity of Jesus recognise Mohammed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join