It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals flock to sanctuary states that give them driver's licenses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

~Lucidity, HI, it's nice to see you hanging out in one of my threads again.

You know, You're right, except, I didn't know Washington state and Utah was giving them drivers licenses with out documentation. Did You?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

star in a jar, How do you think Canada will deal with this influx of Illegals if there is one. I mean, will you have to have two phone books printed up?

Talking about the two phone books, one in English and one in Spanish, You'd think the Tree Hugging Liberals would be having a FIT, look at all the extra trees we use to make that phone books for Mexicans only.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by guohua]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Maybe that's new. I just remember this being an issue for a very long time now.

Nice to see you too.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Uh huh, you're the one making it a racial issue. Spouting things like "La Raza". You brought that up not me.

You're saying they're letting illegal aliens, which are UNDOCUMENTED RESIDENTS to apply for a drivers license.

I say they're allowing VISITORS who crossed the border LEGALLY staying at a family members house WHILE VISITING to get a license to operate lawfully on the highways

Can you prove they crossed illegally and aren't just here visiting?

Huh? Can you?

It disgusts me seeing someone who claims to be an L.E.O automatically jumping to the presumption of guilt, and not that of innocence with the burden to prove guilt.

Thanks for ruining the system for the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Let me see their Visitor Visa Stamped In Their Passport.

You prove their here visiting families with that passport, The article clearly states: Illegals flock to sanctuary states that give them driver's licenses.

The key word you don't understand is ILLEGALS.
I gave you a reference to the law, do you need it wrote in another language because you can't read the Law in English?
Here it is again for you: 8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien
Yes the United States Of America As Laws About Entering Our Country ILLEGALLY, that is with out a Passport and some sort of Visa.

No, We do not have Open Borders.

You've been giving your lesson on the Law of our Land, Now you can Abide by it or you can Leave, But I'm done with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by mryanbrown

Let me see their Visitor Visa Stamped In Their Passport.

And what cause do you have to warrant interfering with a persons private affairs?

Silly search and seizure laws.

And actually that's written in Legalese, not English.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

No need arguing with Mryan. See i tried. You know they support open borders but she/he does not have the guts to go ahead and admit they want open borders.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

What an original tactic, I bring the argument of right to privacy. And you turn it into an "open boarder antagonist" issue to detract from valid points.

Want to come play Chess with the rest of the adults, are are you fine playing Connect Four over there?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
reply to post by guohua

Uh huh, you're the one making it a racial issue. Spouting things like "La Raza". You brought that up not me.

You're saying they're letting illegal aliens, which are UNDOCUMENTED RESIDENTS to apply for a drivers license.

I say they're allowing VISITORS who crossed the border LEGALLY staying at a family members house WHILE VISITING to get a license to operate lawfully on the highways

Can you prove they crossed illegally and aren't just here visiting?

Huh? Can you?

It disgusts me seeing someone who claims to be an L.E.O automatically jumping to the presumption of guilt, and not that of innocence with the burden to prove guilt.

Thanks for ruining the system for the rest of us.

www.santafenewmexican.com...

Carlos Hernandez packed up his family and left Arizona after the state passed its sweeping immigration crackdown. The illegal immigrant's new home outside Seattle offered something Arizona could not: a driver's license.

Carlos Hernandez the guy in the article admits he is Illegal LOL their goes your theory.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I'm sorry, an entire "theory" that I neither postulated or presented that you inferred is now out the window because of a single individual?

I'm so confused.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

You're right, I have nothing further to say to some one that hates America and our Laws so much as to allow illegals to come here and do as they please with out respect for the men and women that sacrificed all to include their life for our freedoms we enjoy today.

Come here legally and you have respect.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

I'm sorry, an entire "theory" that I neither postulated or presented that you inferred is now out the window because of a single individual?

I'm so confused.

This proves illegals do come over and get drivers license. So would you have a problem since it is proven he is a illegal (he admitted it) we go detain him , revoke his license and send him back to mexico? Ive been caught speeding before and had to pay a fine. This guy admits he broke a law so shouldnt he be punished? Or is he special?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Three states — Washington, New Mexico and Utah — allow illegal immigrants to get licenses because their laws do not require proof of citizenship or legal residency.

So now the view is that the Feds should step in and override these states rights? Maybe the Feds should just take over the process of issuing IDs from all the states, since we never know when some soft-on-illegal-immigration state isn't going to crackdown on them the way AZ has. Yet when the Feds seemed to be interfering with AZ's new law, it was a huge deal of encroaching on state's rights?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Mryan if a 747 full or Iranians and Iraqis came into JFK airport with no documentation, IDs, passports etc you think we should just let them in right?

Yes or No

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Three states — Washington, New Mexico and Utah — allow illegal immigrants to get licenses because their laws do not require proof of citizenship or legal residency.

So now the view is that the Feds should step in and override these states rights? Maybe the Feds should just take over the process of issuing IDs from all the states, since we never know when some soft-on-illegal-immigration state isn't going to crackdown on them the way AZ has. Yet when the Feds seemed to be interfering with AZ's new law, it was a huge deal of encroaching on state's rights?

Arizona made a law mirroring a federal law that isnt enforced. Show me in the constitution or show me a federal law that says illegals have the right to a drivers license. Apples n oranges buddy.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Now you're projecting, and insulting.

I am a natural born America, with full family lineage. I am a white Anglo-Saxon, also proper English blood.

I've presented legitimate situations which prove you wish to violate rights and presume guilt without evidence only suspicion. This is fundamentally against our liberty, and as such that is Unamerican.

Don't be petty and resort to stereotypical rhetoric about the fact I must be this or that because I disagree with you.

Why don't you logically present your argument rather than making blanketed statements.

I could except ignorant, or bigot. If you can show where I'm making statements as such. But you can't.

Because I'm not for isolationism I must be pro "open boarders"? What is that.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

Now you're projecting, and insulting.

I am a natural born America, with full family lineage. I am a white Anglo-Saxon, also proper English blood.

I've presented legitimate situations which prove you wish to violate rights and presume guilt without evidence only suspicion. This is fundamentally against our liberty, and as such that is Unamerican.

Don't be petty and resort to stereotypical rhetoric about the fact I must be this or that because I disagree with you.

Why don't you logically present your argument rather than making blanketed statements.

I could except ignorant, or bigot. If you can show where I'm making statements as such. But you can't.

Because I'm not for isolationism I must be pro "open boarders"? What is that.

So your saying if a 747 full of Iranians and middle easterners magically lands at your citys airport with no documentation, or passports security should let them in and not detain them, because detaining them without evidence of them doing anything wrong is not right. Correct?

So everyone who comes here shouldnt need passports or documentation?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

There's so many fundamentally incorrect statements in this scenario that go against every issue brought up in this thread.

We're not even talking about flying. If we were, OF COURSE YOU WOULD NEED A PASSPORT TO ENTER INTO THE COUNTRY. NO ONE IS DEBATING THAT. Stop stretching to link your assertions to far-fetched unrelated scenarios.

The issue is ONCE YOU ARE HERE.

Once someone is here, you wish to invade someones privacy upon the suspicion they are here illegally. And in order to do that, you must naturally risk the rights of those that are here to do so.

Which means under the law you can only invade that privacy upon commitment or attempted commitment of a crime which you can account for. Not PRESUME to SUSPECT.

Due process?
4th Amendment?
Right to privacy? liberty?
Search and seizure?

None of this has any relevance in the arguments presented, the only matter of point you will listen to and debate is "they're here illegally". Oh well then be my guest risk violating my rights, or the rights of my fellow citizens because you THINK and don't KNOW.

Originally posted by ker2010
Show me in the constitution or show me a federal law that says illegals have the right to a drivers license.

Show me where in the Constitution it says the government has the right to institute a license to travel.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

hehe G
everything here is already french and english...
Immigrants for the most part don't like the north, which most of Canada is and We Canadians love it.
We have interesting multicultural cities, but if it starts to bug us we just bugger off to the cottage...

funny thing immigrant children are usually Canadian by highschool with culture at home...

Its kinda cool really
except the fundimentalists of any kind and the globalists, because they have no tolerance for anything unlike their brainwashed selves.
and they can't see how they are being played....
So when that gets to bugging us we just bugger off to the cottage.
Mosquitoes we can swat... makes us feel better.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

There's so many fundamentally incorrect statements in this scenario that go against every issue brought up in this thread.

We're not even talking about flying. If we were, OF COURSE YOU WOULD NEED A PASSPORT TO ENTER INTO THE COUNTRY. NO ONE IS DEBATING THAT. Stop stretching to link your assertions to far-fetched unrelated scenarios.

The issue is ONCE YOU ARE HERE.

Once someone is here, you wish to invade someones privacy upon the suspicion they are here illegally. And in order to do that, you must naturally risk the rights of those that are here to do so.

Which means under the law you can only invade that privacy upon commitment or attempted commitment of a crime which you can account for. Not PRESUME to SUSPECT.

Due process?
4th Amendment?
Right to privacy? liberty?
Search and seizure?

None of this has any relevance in the arguments presented, the only matter of point you will listen to and debate is "they're here illegally". Oh well then be my guest risk violating my rights, or the rights of my fellow citizens because you THINK and don't KNOW.

Originally posted by ker2010
Show me in the constitution or show me a federal law that says illegals have the right to a drivers license.

Show me where in the Constitution it says the government has the right to institute a license to travel.

So your saying its cool to enter the country illegally by foot but a big no no by airplane?

So if the ICE showed up to the guy in the articles door arrested him and sent him back its A-OK with you cause his rights were not violated as he admitted to a crime (being here illegally)?

Fact is your not worried about americans rights. Your a illegal immigrant supporter and if their was a way to find out who was illegal in this country and deport them without infringing on anyones rights you damn sure as hell still wouldnt support it. Give up the charade your not fooling anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join