It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you lose faith after 12/21/2012? Maybe you're supposed to...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hello everyone this is my first time posting a thread, so take it easy on me please

Like many of you, I've been thinking a lot about the topic "2012" and have done a lot of research about what is to happen on December 21, 2012. It seems to me that so many people are focused on this date that if nothing happens they would be discouraged. So many people in this world are looking for a positive change (or proof that there is a greater force at work in the universe) and I fear that if nothing happens on this date, millions of people will be disheartened. They will give up hope of ever discovering the truth about the origins of the human race, or our purpose here on this planet.

Then it struck me...what if that's the reason for all of this hype? Why would the MSM push this date as much as they have? Perhaps this is being done to cause people to lose faith in their belief system when nothing happens. Perhaps this would allow the PTB to implement whatever plans they have with less resistance (project blue beam maybe?).

I also entertained the idea that the December date could be a distraction and that the real date is in either August or November.

Anyway, I would just like to hear some of your thoughts on this idea. How will you feel if nothing happens? Will this cause you to change your belief system? I'm not bashing anyone that believes something will happen in 2012 because I too am hoping that we will experience a spiritual awakening. I just don't want people to lose faith if nothing happens on that date.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have already lost faith in Man so what would change? As for Faith in God No Way! I am onboard with God, Lords, lesser gods, and Angels/Demons.

My greatest fear is that our Lords destroyed themselves thousands of years ago when they went to war with each other (the story of Enki and Enlil, as well as the Hopi stories of the two brothers at war). If we are any indication of what they are truly like, then we might never know the truth until we head on out there and find their bones. Of course I would much rather they return and present us with our true Lord, Christ!

So what we will lose is Religion and False Lords! Hallelujah!

Oh yeah, the question that nothing happens, all we have to do is look around us, it is happening right now!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
so you want the ignorant to be addicted to your delusional fantasys for eternity? Thats quite a vision of the future........

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Adillin2012

No, I won't lose faith

I don't expect the world will change very much re: 2012, anyway

That date has been stupidly hyped for the past several years, although I honestly believe those who're obsessed with it are not of high intelligence

I'll be glad when the nonsense is over

And it will be a great learning experience for those who're anticipating a dramatic event, because after that, they'll be far more sceptical about supposed prophecies generally and will have learned to just get on with life

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I certainly have no idea why you mentioned the MSM as having pushed the 2012 thing, i have seen no mention of it EVER on any MSM.

The Nostradamus effect is an entertainment show, is that what you are talking about, a tv show ?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by GrinchNoMore]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I have already lost faith in Man so what would change? As for Faith in God No Way! I am onboard with God, Lords, lesser gods, and Angels/Demons.

My greatest fear is that our Lords destroyed themselves thousands of years ago when they went to war with each other (the story of Enki and Enlil, as well as the Hopi stories of the two brothers at war). If we are any indication of what they are truly like, then we might never know the truth until we head on out there and find their bones. Of course I would much rather they return and present us with our true Lord, Christ!

So what we will lose is Religion and False Lords! Hallelujah!

Oh yeah, the question that nothing happens, all we have to do is look around us, it is happening right now!

Thank you for your response. I am a christian (maybe a bit more spiritual than most) and I do believe that many things are happening that are signs of the "end" (whether that be a physical end or an end of an age), but I'm starting to think that the 12/21/2012 is a date that was set up to keep people looking in the wrong direction or distracted from the truth.

so you want the ignorant to be addicted to your delusional fantasys for eternity? Thats quite a vision of the future........

Instead of being condescending, perhaps you can stay on topic and focus on answering my question and discussing the reasons why the MSM and others would push this date. Is it just for money or is there something else going on? Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, if you follow astrology, what does it mean astrologically?

Second line.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm no fan of the main stream media, but in its defence, I can't say I've noticed the msm 'pushing' 2012

the only times I've seen people discussing it as if it were a real event, is in forums such as this

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What I find astounding are the religions that can be compromised or merged together. Christianity as far as I know, is intolerant in that it will not be compromised in anyway. A true christian, remains faithful until the very end.
There can be no other. What other religions or beliefs systems can be compared to this? I know of no other. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
I certainly have no idea why you mentioned the MSM as having pushed the 2012 thing, i have seen no mention of it EVER on any MSM.

The Nostradamus effect is an entertainment show, is that what you are talking about, a tv show ?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by GrinchNoMore]

I meant to say that 2012 has gone "mainstream" in my opinion. There was a movie concerning this date and the history channel has several specials concerning Mayan prophecies and the "end of the world." There are other examples but I can't think off the top of my head. But the point is many people who are not into "conspiracy theories" know about the date.

But I have no idea what the "Nostradamus Effect" is and I didn't mention it at all in my post. Any reference to it was pure coincidence.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well as someone who has never felt the touch of faith. I can only say that I will be open minded and cautious about the next few years.

Predictions are addictive because they have yet to arrive. We live in such unconscious states of fear that to someone who has never heard a prediction before, it could sooth him. A net of safety that he can steer his ship by.

As for me? I don't have any reason to believe or disbelieve. I will see what comes, if anything. I take a lot of enjoyment out of reading predictions simply to spur my imagination. If any of them do come true then I know what's happening. If not, I have something to dream about.

As for the divine. I don't know. I never felt that religions hold the entire picture, merely a piece. All I feel is important in this regard for me is to stay honest, true to myself and kind to others as best as I can.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

It's my opinion that a true Christian is tolerant of other beliefs and believes there is one God - one God which accepts everyone, regardless of their religion and even if they have no religion at all and don't believe in one or more gods

But this thread topic concerns 2012, primarily, surely ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

2012 is the forum. will we lose our faith after 12/21/12 is the topic. it is relevant to the discussion, dock. it poses an interesting thought, perhaps you failed to see my point. why would someone lose their faith? world wide destruction, aliens returning, NWO forced religion, ascended evolution(enlightenment), take your pick. any of these have been suggested as happening. a christian will not lose faith per their bible. they await christs return. show me one other belief system that will not lose their "faith" after any of the above happens or lack there of

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I agree, Christians shouldn't lose faith and they shouldn't be affected if nothing were to happen but you would be surprised at how many preachers are preaching about 2012...there are a few on youtube and surprisingly their following seems to be very large (one has a very large/rich church). So in that case, even Christianity is being mixed in with other religions. I'm starting to think that its not so "uncompromising" after all.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by Dock9

2012 is the forum. will we lose our faith after 12/21/12 is the topic. it is relevant to the discussion, dock. it poses an interesting thought, perhaps you failed to see my point. why would someone lose their faith? world wide destruction, aliens returning, NWO forced religion, ascended evolution(enlightenment), take your pick. any of these have been suggested as happening. a christian will not lose faith per their bible. they await christs return. show me one other belief system that will not lose their "faith" after any of the above happens or lack there of

I don't profess to know about the alleged fragility of other belief systems as compared with Christianity

So maybe you should tell us which belief systems will lose their faith in your opinion and why you believe so ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Quite simply, the new age movement. the whole "aliens seeded life on this planet" "you can be gods too and they will show you how to ascend"

They seek to unite all the worlds religions. Atheists and agnostics will follow suit.
Buddhists will follow suit. Hindus will follow suit. Luciferians will follow suit. Any of the number of denominations of christianity will follow suit. Why? they aren't true christianity and will buckle under pressure. Catholicism will follow suit. Hell, they just came out not to long ago that they believe in other alien life forms. Should that surprise anyone? Judiaism could follow only because they dont believe in Jesus they believe that the messiah hasn't come yet. Islam seems to change what Allah is all the time by acknowledging the bible and yet denouncing it at the same time by saying Jesus was not god.....doesn't make any sense to me.

In christianity there is a definite order to things. First the antichrist comes.....far after he is established then christ comes. whereas in all this new age stuff the "messiah" or saviors come first... now see my point?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Adillin, I definitely see your point, I had referenced that in my post above about the other denominations of christianity. there is a big difference between a true christian and one who just goes to a christian church. a true christian seeks the holy spirit within himself where as the latter goes to listen to some man interpret what god says, there is a big difference there and it just leads to a lot of confused people. where do you stand?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I was thinking more about "how will you know if something happened?" question. Maybe something will happen which will cause world to end in 13 456 948 (or just 13 million) years after that point. A stretch I know, but then, you can't say it didn't happen after 13 million years... when it finally all becomes clear!

For example, St John was a random nobody for about 500 years after he's born, people of his time didn't know he's going to change the world to such extent. And I guess, if he really existed he did start a certain chain of events that had a major impact on entire Europe if not on he world.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Will the 2012'ers lose faith? Well that depends, I think it's a very generalizing question. There's lots of theories of what's going to happen. The people who are expecting some kind of spiritual awakening, or christian rapture, or something otherwise life-changing, will probably just go on to the next big prediction.

I say that because the 2012 hype is more a reflection of one's personality than of specific beliefs, IMO. The superstitious will continue to be superstitious - and the skeptical will remain skeptical. Overall - if nothing happens - I doubt little will change in the current cultural mentality.

My .02 =)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
I say that because the 2012 hype is more a reflection of one's personality than of specific beliefs, IMO. The superstitious will continue to be superstitious - and the skeptical will remain skeptical. Overall - if nothing happens - I doubt little will change in the current cultural mentality.

Son's got it exactly right. I saw this during the "OMG! GREAT PLANETARY ALIGNMENT OF 1984 (or whenever it was)" when the great planetary alignment was going to make Atlantis rise from the ocean and usher in a new age of some sort. When no new age is forthcoming, the (as Son calls them) "superstitious" sort of fade off for a bit.

But there are a lot of people with what's alled an "external Locus of Control". They have a psychological need for some great power to come in and "fix" things and make them right.

It can be very disheartening when this happens. They generally find another similar group that promises redemption or punsishment or secret knowledge and wait for THAT date to happen.

Folks like me, with an "Internal Locus of Control", aren't looking for some great solution or great enemy that they can overcome fthat comes from the sky (or wherever.) We tend to dismiss the "great revelation"/"Great Unfolding"/whatever and go on with our lives. When nothing happens, as it did in 1984, 1999, and 2000, we keep on keeping on (as my generation says.)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join