It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else looking forward to the coming chaos?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I guess with the lack of a moral compass you are kinda saying you won't have a problem popping a cap in someone. When you find yourself surrounded by the same of your kind lets see how you feel then. Looks and money won't mean anything. You better hope your intelligent enough to see this.

When it becomes dog eat dog, you might not want to be a dog.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
My response to all of you:

I am fortunate enough to be handsome,intelligent,athletic,financially stable and able to defend myself, but with all my attributes I unfortunately lack a moral compass, I feel as though I should be in a position of great power, and hopefully this upcoming crisis will present me with such an opportunity. Forgive me for not being as sympathetic as most, but be forewarned in the coming age only the strong will survive.

And modest,too....
I hate to ruin your fantasy but your stunning good looks and your finances aren't going to mean squat once the missiles start flying.....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Some of it for totally imaginary reasons like religion.

Indeed. Or soccer. Honduras and El Salvador went to war in 1969 over a bad referee call in a soccer game (errr football to everyone else). Thousands died.

Salvador strapped bomb compartments to the side of passenger planes since they had no bombers.. and they flew corsairs as fighter planes lol. A for effort.

All in all, it doesn't take much for Humans to launch bloody campaigns for little to no reason at all. Simply in our natures.

Just look at the OP! Such bloodlust for power.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

I am fortunate enough to be handsome,intelligent,athletic,financially stable and able to defend myself, but with all my attributes I unfortunately lack a moral compass, I feel as though I should be in a position of great power, and hopefully this upcoming crisis will present me with such an opportunity. Forgive me for not being as sympathetic as most, but be forewarned in the coming age only the strong will survive.

And modest,too....
I hate to ruin your fantasy but your stunning good looks and your finances aren't going to mean squat once the missiles start flying.....

Exactly. A bullet to the head, is a bullet to the head. Doesn't matter your age, ethnicity, sex or financial state. I hope your as confident when SHTF

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

If it's a situation where I die alongside thousands, than so be it, but if it's a matter of socio-polical-economic chaos, than that's right up my alley. You all are speaking as if I've walked a cake-walk thus far. I'm coming from the bottom of the bottom and I'm proud to be who I am and could care less for the pipedream of social cooperation in the creation of an artificial utopia labeled democracy. It's not in the collective humans nature to live the way many of you's hope for. The only creed anyone should ever adopt is Death or Glory, because in reality that's all that one can realistically hope for.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

All and all if it does ever come about then I do wish you the best. Even though we don't exactly agree on the tactics I understand what you are saying. Let's just hope we never have to find out.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I feel your pain, man.

I'm lookin' forward to the day when all those asholes that laughed at me because I buy the extra can of beans will realize what I had been saying was true.

I still live primitive, natural, grow most of our family's food...pigs, goats, chickens, big ass garden...developing my barter skills...my friends at work call me Joe Amish...I live so backward. When they found out I traded a 200 lb pig for 40 laying hens...they laughed and said that sounded like something their gran daddy did.

I laugh along, but sometimes it hurts my pride, because i just want a normal laid back life...and to be accepted. But so many folks don't think I'm normal because I live like I do.

On the other hand, I am successful and at 47, can still work circles around the young bucks that work for me. I'll never be hungry and I'll never be cold... I have been there and didn't like it...it is a great motivator.

Many folks are starting to realize that folks like you and me aren't so stupid or weird afterall...

Success is the best revenge.

Just don't forget to stock up on popcorn my friend.

Never can have enough popcorn.

The native Americans lived on it when they went out hunting.

Plus we'll never know how this show that we are getting a preview will last when the SHTF!

Don't want to run out of popcorn before the credits roll!!!!!!lol:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

- You do lack a compass- you are lost- and all your fine attributes will be lost
as well- i feel as though i was put on this earth to run across people like you
and be some instant karma- forgive me but you are vermin.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just today (tues17 aug '10) the big time cable suppliersd aired another
presentation of the movie 'Cold Mountain"

it sorta looks at the world after the collapse... using the immediate post Civil-War year(s) as a entry into the mad/insane/predatory/lawless world
that will accompany a modern day social collapse

hey its a thinking persons movie/presentation...as it lays out scenarios
that will/can be realities if our social structure completely breaks down/....

an interesting 'story' ---errr ...'possibility'!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The way I live is not uncommon around here. If you move to the country, most people live ready for some tragedy...tornado, drought, remains of a hurricane, or an ice storm.

Our community would fare pretty well...we all interact and trade, burn firewood, hunt, have farms and gardens.... It is the folks from the city that would be most troublesome. Hopefully, they would then out before they got the 20+ miles to our farm.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not so much the chaos, but definitely what will follow, as a believer in the Bible, I look forward to seeing such things as I have only been able to read about.... To live in history, is always far better than simply learning of it....

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Sure its going to be hard and many people will die,

Sure. And you'll most likely be one of them.
Then what?

but think about the adventure,excitement, twist and turns the future holds..I actually wish it would hurry up already.

So do I, so do I.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

My man..My man..As far as the rest of these "well-wishers", they wont have much to say when they're hanging on a meat hook in the future.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by ATLien]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I agree with you, I too live in the country and have been getting ready for a collapse. Although we are only effected by rains and snow. I live in the Appalachian mountain range so a lot of what you mentioned doesn't happen here.
I've looked into a lot of alternate energy sources so as to keep my well water running. I've been soldering solar cells to create a couple of 18v panels in hopes of being able to power the pump. I've built a hydrogen generator and have been toying around with the thought of making a hydrogen gas heater. I have a running creek adjacent to my land so I'm going to dam it and stock it with Tilapia. I already have a garden and 26 hens. Two roos. Oh and as for the ones who think they can just take it, I have something for them also.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Good to hear, you should also learn the basics of growing fruits and vegetables and learn the basic of welding..People tend to overlook the welding skill but it will be a very valuable trade after the new dawn.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Currently living in a remote area of Scotland..we saw the writing on the wall and we have been up here a year now ...we jacked everything in with an expectation of the things that are to come...we brought all the survival gear, knowledge and training with us ...been a year and nothing has happened!! ...

But know it will in our lifetime...I don't look forward to the human misery that is to come...and I wish so much that humanity would get its bloody act together..but we are awy from the city and any populated areas...

But one thing I will say and advise for any UK residents...Scotalnd is a very hard place to survive....and getting in with the locals...takes a lot of time...taken us a long time to be accepted by the local community...

And anyone that thinks when the SHTF that they could live off the "fat of the land" think again...there are a lot of estates up here and the have guns...seriously..and they will protect their land...like I say been up here nearly a year now. and toured most of the west coast..survived sub zero temps in a camper ...life up here is not easy..

Anyway back to subject..saw things coming...but seeing the events and living in this time ...time is condensed with what you see...and living this life the events you see take time to become...but patience and putting things into place are more important...

I do not look forward to the to the loss of of life or the misery that is to come..although I know it is imminent..in my life time....as ait really should not be like that...but the self survival kicked in to ensure that I should be away from the crap when it kicks of...some people have a pre ordained purpose...always had one...and curcumstances ensured i would be here!

Haven't a clue why like!! ..but now a long way from cities...and now accepted by the community!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

I would also like to ask ...how old are you? from your post it sounds like you are very young ...all fired up and awaiting a situation that you can create opportunities to feed an ego..

Beleive me when things get bad it will be nothing like you imagine...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Oh, so you've experienced the coming of a new age?...Do tell...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i am fortunate enough to have the foresight to establish a little hideout in the remote hills of costa rica- not far to panama. .made ties with the locals.. everything is well tended when i'm away. i too am very handsome and charming with many
tica lady friends..meanwhile i spend time around arizona. i was smart enough to see the collapse coming and sold my home i put the profits in the costa project and the rest in a little bit of gold. I am older and crippled up with some nerve damages from some past exploits..but my whole body is still a weapon.. now if i could wrestle my SSD money away from the god damn govt.,before they steal it all i would be content.
I've trained a squad of howler monkeys armed with machetes to be my private body guards and will rule the talamacas in the post apocalyptic world.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
funny you bring this up.. all ties into 2012.

yes i am.

finally get to see this corrupt mammoth of a prison country collapse like a house of cards.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join