It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Luke Skywalker Become a Jedi Knight in This Deleted Star Wars Scene

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This is incredibly epic: a never-before-screened scene cut from Return of the Jedi in which Darth Vader tempts Luke Skywalker to join the dark side, paired with footage of Luke constructing/activating his green lightsaber and officially becoming a Jedi Knight.

tv.gawker.com...

I never knew there was such a scene and I can only wonder just how much more of these films that were left on the cutting room floor.

It makes me want to go through every bit and piece it together to give a longer, and more detailed story.

It's little things like that that make a film IMO.. small details that you hear talkeed about but don't see happen.

The making of a light saber is the ultimate moment for any wannabe jedi.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Its actually quite poignant a scene, wander why they cut it>?

The hysterical geeks made me laugh

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would like to see how this scene fits into an overall viewing of the movie.

And knowing George Lucas - I'll get about eight different versions or cuts to choose from before the end of the decade!

And ditto on the crowd screaming being hillarious! C'mon, he's a jedi now, using a screwdriver isn't that impressive!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the guy filming this is the same guy that filmed the double rainbow video

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is that Mark Hamill? You can't even see his face. How do we know this wasn't filmed a week ago just to make some extra money from the DVD?

What I thought was more interesting was this interview with Star Wars producer Gary Kurtz where he discussed the original planned ending for the third movie.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yeah, it's really hard to tell if that's Mark Hamill or not, which makes me wonder if this is legit.

Not sure why they would've pulled a scene that short and sweet out of ROTJ.

Edit: No, it seems to be a legit scene after more research online.

Peace

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I always thought this was one of those big discrepancies in the Star Wars universe. It's supposed to be highly personal, and yet for years, Luke used one handed down from his dad, and perfectly capably....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i couldnt stop laughing at the rediculous man watching a raindbow. i like to think he looked like doc from back to the future

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
id love another cut to be released of the origninal trilogy with ORIGINAL footage that never made it not re done cgi'd rubish

new topics

top topics

join