It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hindenburg Omen: Is a Stock Market Crash Imminent?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Hindenburg Omen: Is a Stock Market Crash Imminent?

www.thestreet.com

In case you hadn't heard, Thursday's action on the New York Stock Exchange registered a technical anomaly known as the Hindenburg Omen. Read: just like the doomed German airship, the markets are fated to crash and burn. Still worse, Wednesday's trading action almost sparked Hindenburg Omen conditions. It takes two Hindenburg Omen trading days within a 36 day window to trigger the end of life in the markets as we know it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.datelinezero.com
www.cnbc.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Hindenburg Omen - A Dire Economical Warning
June 30th 2008 - Another Hindenburg Omen
U.S. Is Bankrupt and We Don't Even Know It: Laurence Kotlikoff

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There have been other Omens in 2008. Each time they were followed by a crash. But how many times can this happen before the market crash is a major one?

The article at The Street goes on to say that indicators are there for a big one, and he points to other obvious signs outside of the Omen.

I think most of us know that it's only a matter of time.

www.thestreet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Something tells me that that is nothing to worry about.
And that the market will actually become very solid within this next year,
and stay that way for a while,.
just a hunch

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I guess this is a sign the Federal Reserve should raise its interest rates. If they don't, the people see it as a weakness that the Fed itself has no confidence in the market.

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--The U.S. economy is recovering and the Federal Reserve needs to raise interest rates, lest it leave in place a policy that will only fuel future financial imbalances, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City President Thomas Hoenig said Friday.

"We need to get off of the emergency rate of zero, move rates up slowly and deliberately," which will bring policy in better alignment "with the economy's slow, deliberate recovery," the official said.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Some people seem not to understand that this "system" (what system?) must and will crash to the ground - simple logic.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just found this in my mail. 40 Bizarre Statistics That Reveal The Horrifying Truth
About The Collapse Of The U.S. Economy www.countercurrents.org...
I hope its not all true ,well I hope none of it is true . peace

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke recently described the economic outlook as "unusually uncertain," This is from the Fed Res website www.federalreserve.gov...
Ever since Clintstone, Bush and now, the obamanation, took office, the public has become well groomed for the slaughter. Everything that is related to borrowing has become a parasite to the American people. From Real Estate, autos, investments and education, the Fed Res (Bankers) have set the hook in the world. They have caught us and hung us up. Maybe Rev Lindsey Williams is right. The crash maybe coming very soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The correlation rate for the Hindenburg omen is 25%. One in four signals result in a crash of 7% or more. That is a high correlation for a technical indicator but no sure thing. Same signal over on the FTSE so if the markets do drop it will be a global wave event.

Actually if the S&P put in a double bottom just above 1000 that would still qualify as a 7% drop, but would give the technical traders a solid floor.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Another crash is coming. This occurred in 2008 prior to the crash. There was a thread about this back then that preceded the crash

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke recently described the economic outlook as "unusually uncertain" ...

Unusually uncertain. Dang, that's interesting wording. And from Ben Bernanke!

There was a Reuters article a few weeks back that stated there was an "Odd Mix of Bad News".

They are all trying to point out that this isn't the usual "bah humbug" reaction to this ridiculous system. It's a sense that the government-managed ride has come to it's inevitable end.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
And how much of the damage was done by people making a big fuss over this 'Omen' and forecasting doom and gloom? That can't have much to inspire confidence in the markets.
In fact, the doom and gloom forecasters probably caused as much damage in the initial crash as the banks dodgy lending practices!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This stuff should have its own section.....
The Chicken Little, Forecast......
The chances this one will turn out to be "The One" are getting better and better all the time.
I certainly would bet that sooner rather than later somebody is gonna luck out on the "I told ya so"rights.
It occurs to me however that in most intstances there will be always be somebody who had made a dire prediction just beforehand to some catastrophe.
Then the weaseling begins to fit the prediction as closely to the circumstances as possible.....
This results in what i call"The National Inquirer Effect"which when initiated seeks to make the stated prediction and all corollary happenings (includung even unrelated events) as devastating as can be depicted without outright prevarication per se....and part of the initial prediction as well.....
It never ends....passtime of idiots.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by stirling]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Well seeing as these market bubbles and crashes are essentially a clone of the 1870s through 1929, it's going to take a couple.

The crisis of 1907 is a clone of the 2007-2009 crash.

Difference? The Federal reserve was made to stop that from happening. We've thus proven that the federal reserve does nothing but make the amount of money involved greater.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
So what to do?

Hedge with foreign investments?

There is a lt of talk about bonds being in trouble now too. Sigh

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The sooner that this system crumbles, the better. The longer it takes, the more time that the government has to institute control measures.

Our system will fail and it isn't a matter of "if", rather "when". We might as well get it over with so hopefully our children and theirs, can have something better.

Pretty soon, they will come for our weapons. They will also keep eroding our personal liberties and protections from government so when a collapse does occur, they can slam their fist down us and there won't be anything we can do about it.

Again, we need this to happen sooner rather than later. It's not as if we can avoid it happening and the longer we wait, the less chances that we will be able to recover with freedom in mind.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have the actual Hindenburg silk ribbon

cheers ATS

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I agree with you Airspoon. I'm sure some people might think "Why are you wishing even more economic hardship on us?" but the simple fact is that such a downfall could lead to a big improvement in our lives on the long term.

Granted it's risky and could just see the same perpetrators in power after it is weathered but it's something to break the terrible downward spiral.

The only concern I have is that TPTB might institute "Emergency Powers" or something to that extent should a major economic crash occur.

It depends how bad it will be, really.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Is this a private party or can anyone join in?

The correlation rate for the Hindenburg omen is 25%. One in four signals result in a crash of 7% or more. That is a high correlation for a technical indicator but no sure thing. Same signal over on the FTSE so if the markets do drop it will be a global wave event.

For those of us who are not aware in the slightest of a Hindenburg Omen and don't speak business language (above) such as my good self. Would someone be so kind as to explain this situation in words that I can undertand

[edit on 16-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
At least if the system falls for economic reasons the "man" won't have the dosh to pay for all his impressive police state apparatus maintenance bill and the actual guys doing the goon work aren't gona be super efficient and keen if they're only getting paid in food and rudimentary medical services, could be the best thing for freedom.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I doubt that the market is going to crash. Its a volatile market, it goes up and down. Economy is improving here in canada, the usa might tank, but that's about it. People been saying its going to crash every day for the past year, well, guess what...... still hasn't. But keep guessing, you'll be right some day.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join