It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Muslim Threads Are Giving ATS a Bad Name

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I beleive the increase of anti-islam threads is due to
more people becoming aware of the global islamic agenda
one country at a time. Slowly people are waking up, i have
noticed recently more people are aware there is a legitimate
threat here in Australia. Obviuosly you are not one of them,
maybe you should go back to New Zealand where there is
a real influx of youth converting to islam, go join them!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here's my opinion. I believe there is always going to be a bad apple in a bad of apples. The extremists happen to be making it into the news and that paints a bad picture for the entire religion to some people. If it was another religious group, I would think it would be the same way.

There's just some people out there that take it to the extreme. I have muslims friends and they are not extremists in any way. Im not really sure why all this anti-muslim stuff blew up so fast. In most reports I see, its always the bad muslims being portrayed, I barley ever see the regular, just like everyone else, muslims.

Once again, the extremists make the entire religion look bad to some people. You cant label one entire group something bad, just because a few of them do something bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Title of this thread is: ' Anti Muslim Threads are Giving ATS a Bad Name'

I disagree

Its is MUSLIMS who are giving MUSLIMS a bad name !

Put the cap where it fits, thanks

And for just a small example of how Muslims are giving Muslims a Bad Name why not browse the Australian news

where you will discover that to celebrate Ramadan, apparently ----

Muslim criminal gangs in Australia murdered 3 Muslims this weekend

in Australian suburbs and in the middle of crowded and previously peaceful Australian streets

But it gets worse

because the beloved son of one of the gangs is currently in prison for the mindless and unproved bashing of an Irish tourist who'd foolishly believed the Australian government's lies about Australia being a 'Safe tourists destination'

and now that Irish tourist will spend the rest of his life in what's been described as a 'permanently vegitative state'

So much crime is being committed in Australia by muslim migrants and their vast swathes of offspring (four wives per muslim male)

that the Australian government placed a gag-order in the form of legislation produced by Justice James Woods

which prevents the Australian media OR police from reporting that muslims have committed a crime

So the crimes are committed -- invariably VIOLENT crimes --- but the media and police are prevented by law from telling the public that muslims are responsible

Muslims are giving Muslims a bad name

Put the blame where it belongs

instead of attempting to blame, gag and silence ATS members

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
After years of experience on this website, I learned a few things related to this thread.

-Anything approved by a moderator can be posted and viewed by anyone.

-All religions do the same thing to society: Dumb it down.

-If berating religions such as Islam with evidence can remove ignorance, then I am all for it.

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
---James Madison

Freedom of speech is something that promotes the acquisition of knowledge.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
maybe dracula will really return

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hahaha! I love it, is this going to stop? "Stop saying things I don't like because it hurts my feelings!"

This is the real world. People aren't like they are on TV. On TV if you don't agree with what you're being told (which is hard to do, since it is mostly catered to the narcissism that fuels the economy, among other avenues.) you can just change the fricken' channel. In the real world, opinions matter, and what matters more is the god damn truth. And if you can't handle it, take a walk.

Fundamentalists are the main problem here, more precisely democratic and Islamic fundamentalists the aforementioned being the more displaced of the two since the latter is more possibly accurate. Since when did democracy mean we go in and make people bow down to a set of ideals alien to their own? Islamic fundamentalists make the entire Islamic world look depraved, and that is largely in part done by the democratic fundamentalists.

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen, crawl back under your rock, or go lay by your dish.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

No amount of arguing against anti-islam can deny the simple fact that Islam is indeed, a system of belief based om violence and STRONGLY focused on the take down of the so called 'western world'.

Say what you will, but I personally, have received VIOLENT death threats both on the internet and in person, right up to the point where I would receive calls and letters at my workplace, from Muslim men, women AND children. And do you know why?.............Because I drew a picture of the Prophet Mohamed as he was descriptively portrayed in religious texts. There is nothing AT ALL, in the Quran, that says that I am forbidden to draw a prophet.

And now, I will most likely receive death threats via U2U for speaking out against Islam.

Do your research, dont be ignorant... Islam BLATANTLY violent, and violence in any form, MUST not be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I deny Islam....wait, don't hate me yet.

I deny Christianity.....wait, not yet.

I deny Judaism.....hold on.

I deny Buddhism.....hang in there.

I deny Catholicism, Sikhism and Atheism....almost there.

I Deny Ignorance....okay, you can hate me now

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
All this thread does is show how much muslim's cry.

Look at all the threads against chirstians ect..baptist's...
Do you see them rageing to quit ats?

No just muslim do this..cause its a form of terrorism!!!!
Give us what we want or we quit posting ...

yet another reason i do not like that religion.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
People seemingly hating Muslims = People hating the Crusades -

or rather the people who took part in the crusades.

I asked a question in another thread because a Muslim brought it up,

" What is the difference between Shiite and Sunni Muslims?"

I am to understand even though I didn't get an answer that the Muslim extremists belong to the Shiite faction - not the Sunni faction.

This Must be fully understood because like what is happening today, not all Christians took part in the Crusades. People who are not Christians or did not understand this are always yelling,

" The Christians killed thousands of people in the name of God during the Crusades! "

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The factions who claim to be Christians who took part in the Crusades (Roman Catholics) do not represent all of Christianity.

Likewise not all Muslims should be hated for the actions of one of their more radical factions.

Now, if you want to have a thread stating your hatred for the Muslim faction that is the extremist with the understanding this does not represent all Muslims, then go right ahead you are free to do so and hate those people all you want. The real peace loving Muslims who disagree with their degenerate faction will be more than happy to agree with you.

But with this understanding to say all hatred of all Muslims must stop is wrong and very misleading. Even the good Muslims hate the bad Muslims for what they do, just as I a Christian hated the Catholic Crusaders for what they did.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hey Shamus, my opinion is important to me, how dare you say all anti islamic posts be censored. We have freedom to express ourselves and just cause you are ignorant of Islam doesn't mean we are. No, not all Islam is bad and there are ofcourse good principles in certain areas of their teachings, but we can't simply ignore what is going on in terms of the level of hate that espouses from many Muslims in the name of Islam.

You ask why?? Are you f'ing kidding? There are so freaking many examples of "why" it's absolutely insane that you would need to ask that. Don't you think if Islam were to evolve with the times into a much more peaceful religion like the others have centuries ago that we wouldn't be more tolerant? They still dominate their women for crying out loud, I saw a Muslim family today, the mother and daughter were completely covered where as the Husband and boy got to wear nice summer clothes. That absolutely saddens and infuriates me, not because they are different, because it's just plain inhumane. You give me a good example of why they do that if it's not to dominate and conceal them from the eyes of other men.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by StarFox]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Could everyone here stop saying "DENY IGNORANCE"? It doesn't make you or your argument look cool at all. Thing is, anti-religion threads are stupid. Pro religion threads are also stupid. Believe what you believe and move on.

Oh well, can't wait until the barrage of white supremacy threads hit ATS.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yes we must all agree to agree. That is the best way to "Deny ignorance."

Ideas and emotions are very real, and in exploring them we learn something about ourselves and others. I don't think discussing the issues in any way degrades the good name of ATS; I do however believe that people who have staked out their perspective, with little interest in other vantage points can be troublesome. We should always "seek first to understand, then to be understood."

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Very true what everybody is saying... Islam is generally a very peace loving belief and so is its people and i totally think its the western worlds media mainly portraying the extremist side of things which seems to be more noticed by the western majority and so it would be. Lets talk about the atrocities the Catholics have performed thoughout the centuries or the British invading countries thoughout history and the genocide they did. Or when the invasion of America and the enslavement / war crimes / genocide of native American Indians in their own lands... And the list goes on... ATS being an open forum i think everybody has the right to express their views on the goings on in the world. The muslim / Islamic folk only have to log on and present their case. I just think the demographics on ATS maybe more "western" loaded thus making it look racial i suppose. But maybe im wrong and excuse me if i am wrong....

[edit on 7/16/2010 by bjsmi2]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Freedom of speech gives us the right to express our view base on conspiracy and not religious/cultural group bashing. This is Conspiracy Forum.

Originally posted by Springer
AboveTopSecret.com is NOT the place for parroting the ignorant hate speech spewed on TV and talk radio.

The dynamics involved, cultural, political, propaganda, agendas as diverse and opposed as any in Human history are WAY TOO COMPLEX to cast in the typically simplistic perspective (required for the mental abilities of the intended audience) of ludicrous hate speech or religious/cultural group bashing.

"Broad Brush Bashing" is the epitome of IGNORANCE. I don't care which brand you buy into, it's simply stupid beyond belief. To state "(enter name of group you hate) is totally to blame and EVERYONE who is part of this group is a dastardly dog" simply illustrates the utter blind ignorance of those who scream it.

Stating that all Muslims are terrorists is as stupid as saying all Caucasians are card carrying klansmen.

Let's, as a community, try to police ourselves in this regard. If you see anyone spewing this and poluting our online neighborhood with it please hit the Suggestions button.

This is posted on War on Terrorism Section but I think it's help here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Hating muslims is wrong. But you must not start loving them for whatever they are.
The religion of Islam spread from Saudi Arabia to all of Asia, Africa by conquest and invasion. Infidels were given a choice between Allah and death.
Finally this is all it is about. ( I understand that there peaceful conversions in Indonesia etc. but majority was through violence. )

See I can understand your concerns about hating muslims. You rightly fear that it could spiral into a neoNazism. (if it already had not)

But you must understand that Islam itself has a Nazi component.
See the situation is simple. Some people (mullahs) interpret Quran for many people. It is their word that is relied upon by all muslims.
The people who run the show from Saudi arabia/madarasas of different countries think they are superior.

Extremist Muslims believe sincerely that allah is there on their side. They also believe that even if their numbers are small, it matters not because Allah is on their side. So nothing will stop them. We understand this is madness. But there is no way anybody can talk them out of it.

Now the question of moderate muslims, peace loving muslims. These people are simply not in control in any muslim country that make a difference. Please understand that.
When the STHF, they cannot help you. It is not because they are bad, but they also must choose between their life and death.
You said you are living with 2 muslims. You can ask the following questions to them and any moderate muslims you find. Don't ask liberals who support moderate muslims as they would not have any clue.

1. Are moderate muslims in west willing to raise their children in their home countries if they can afford a high standard of living in their native country ? Are they willing to live in the social climate of their native country and raise kids ?
2. What is the state of alternate opinions with respect to religion, social structures, family etc in a muslim majority state ?
3. Can atheists, liberals (of the western strain) exist in a muslim majority state, if yes what would be their societal status ?

You cannot build a church/temple in Saudi arabia ? Ask them why they would say there religions are false and hence they should not be allowed to flourish. What are the moderates doing there if they exist at all .
Now ask them why they are wanting to build mosques in foreign countries, they would say it is because Islam is the true religion and hence it must be spread.

I come from India where about 1/5th of the population is muslim. There are riots every few years due to fundamentalists in muslim and hindu religions.
But the point is muslims who are a minority in India have a separate civil code granted by the country's constitution. which means the state cannot enforce civil laws enacted for the rest of the population (made of hindus, christians, buddhists, jains etc) on muslims. They have their laws for marriage, inheritance etc derived from Quran and would follow that only.
The state can intervene and reform other religious traditions. But it does not dare to do it on muslims. You guess the reason for it. Why are they so different ?

This would happen to the West too, already it has started happening and the friction is evident by the burqa bans in France etc.

Let me tell you something, when the muslims start getting powerful and start demanding more segregation ( like shariah) the moderate muslims would remain silent. They will not side with you. Ask your friends if they would confront their extremist brothers ? If there are many muslims they would not try to integrate into your society, they would demand segregation and special treatment, demand for islamic law for themselves instead of the prevailing law of the land etc.

All these facts are real, confronting them is not being racist or islamophobic.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You could really replace the 'subject' of this thread with anything,

For instance, take out 'Muslim' and replace it with 'UFO', a frequently discussed topic here on ATS.

"All the UFO threads here is giving ATS a bad name, because everybody knows there's no such things as UFOs it's just silly nonsense, so everybody must think we're all stupid talking about it."

Or, replace "UFO" with "9/11 conspiracy" if you prefer.

Did it sound right to you?

You automatically assume that YOUR way of looking at things is the correct way, therefore another way of approaching a subject is the incorrect way, right?

And it's your prerogative to set the standards, right?

You know, many guys like you come around here,

You don't seem to be very high up on the food chain, so I don't think you'll last long.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

LOL You damn right they are violent SOBs. I mean they don't mind speaking their mind on their word for Allah. But let say you are a deist or atheist and that is a different story. They will either change the subject or go do something else. I always say to the arabs at work when religion is discussed and that is "Organized Religion is BS" You can see it in their eyes that hate it when you say that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join