It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. David Kelly had heart attack, says pathologist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Dr. David Kelly had heart attack, says pathologist

www.independent.co.uk

A retired pathologist cast further doubt yesterday on the circumstances surrounding the death of Dr David Kelly, the government weapons inspector said to have committed suicide in 2003. She also criticised Lord Hutton's handling of the inquiry into his death. Dr Jennifer Dyson joined other experts questioning the official finding that Kelly bled to death. She argued it was more likely that the 59-year-old scientist suffered a heart attack due to the stress he had been placed under.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
How did they go from finding him with blood all over the place from suicide, to having a heart attack?! There is obviously a cover up that's being exposed, and this is another win for us... Hopefully this will be a trend with past and future cover ups.

More from the article:

The intervention came as Michael Howard, the former Conservative Party leader, became the most prominent politician to call for a full inquest into the inspector's death. He told The Mail on Sunday that questions over the death meant that calling a full inquiry would be "entirely appropriate".

Kelly, Britain's most senior inspector in Iraq, was found dead in woods near his home in Oxfordshire. He was revealed to be the source behind a BBC news story which accused Tony Blair's former communications chief Alastair Campbell of "sexing up" the so-called "dodgy dossier" about Iraq's weapons.

Kelly had taken a non-lethal dose of painkillers and had cut his left wrist. A small knife was found near his body. Unusually for such a sudden and high-profile death, Kelly's case has never been the subject of a full coroner's inquiry. Instead, the case was examined during the Hutton inquiry. Lord Hutton concluded that Kelly had principally died from "bleeding from incised wounds to his left wrist which Dr Kelly had inflicted on himself with the knife found beside his body". He added that Kelly's death was hastened by the 29 pills he swallowed, and coronary heart disease.

Many medical experts have asked why there was so little blood, and assert that severing the ulnar artery would in itself be insufficient to cause death. Conspiracies surrounding the death were further fuelled by revelations that Kelly had told friends that if Iraq were invaded, "I'll probably be found dead in the woods".

Last week a group of nine experts, including former coroners and a professor of intensive-care medicine, wrote a letter to The Times questioning Lord Hutton's verdict. "Insufficient blood would have been lost to threaten life," they wrote. "Absent a quantitative assessment of the blood lost and of the blood remaining in the great vessels, the conclusion that death occurred as a consequence of haemorrhage is unsafe."

Dr Dyson amplified last week's criticism, saying that a coroner would probably have recorded an open verdict in the absence of absolute proof that suicide was intended. "I don't believe he died of a loss of blood," she told The Independent on Sunday. "I don't know that the presence of the knife in itself can be taken as evidence of intent to kill himself, but there seem to have been a lot of pills in his stomach, which makes me think that he did indeed intend to commit suicide. There appears to be good reason to think he was in a state of distress, so my suspicion would be that he had a coronary attack, brought on by the circumstances he found himself in and the stress that that entailed.

"Very often you cannot say with confidence that a person has had a coronary," Dr Dyson added. "It is a pity that Hutton usurped the function of the coroner in this case. It was a silly thing to do. It should have been an open verdict, as suicides often are, unless there is pretty incontrovertible evidence. I think a trained coroner would have brought in an open verdict. Also, I don't understand why Hutton chose to keep the papers under lock and key for 70 years."

The nine who wrote to The Times have asked Kenneth Clarke, the Secretary of State for Justice, to make the relevant medical records available to experts. Yesterday he was reported to have decided that the unanswered questions about Kelly's death can no longer be ignored.

A spokesman for Dominic Grieve, the Attorney General, said he "remains concerned" and was looking at how to take the matter further.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-8-2010 by monkeySEEmonkeyDO]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Dr. David Kelly had heart attack

Or was injected with drugs to make it look like he had a heart attack?

And force fed lots of tablets to make it look like he had an overdose?

Or cut his wrists?

Lines

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So the guy went into the woods, took a bunch of painkillers, slit his wrists and then died of a heart attack.

Riiight

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
So the guy went into the woods, took a bunch of painkillers, slit his wrists and then died of a heart attack.

Riiight

No. He did not take a bunch of painkillers. Just a couple.

No, he did not slit his wrists. Only his left wrist was slit.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thread already exists: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought my post had been deleted

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I suspect that someone, somewhere, is furthering the process of muddying the waters now that this is gaining some MSM traction.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

It doesn't even have to be drugs, a nice big air bubble would give you a heart attack, that's an embolism I think, it's the reasons doctors always hold the needle up to the light and flick out any small air bubbles... If your heart encounters air when it expects to pump blood it flips out.

It's a sort of favourite assassination technique, at least in fiction - of course I have no idea about real life... It has been suggested that Robert Maxwell was killed this way, a couple of special forces type divers boarded his boat when he was out having his cigar... Jacked an air bubble into one of his arteries with a hyperaemic needle, held him down as he had his heart attack and dumped him overboard to drown... The puncture wound from the needle is removed by the body bloating out in the sea water. And of course no trace of drugs.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I Imagine it would of went a bit like this

Michael Clayton Clip!

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

Originally posted by MrVertigo

Riiight

No. He did not take a bunch of painkillers. Just a couple.

No, he did not slit his wrists. Only his left wrist was slit.

Details, details, details!
The guy was murdered, just like Kennedy and King!
Very sad.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by Pockets

It doesn't even have to be drugs, a nice big air bubble would give you a heart attack, that's an embolism I think, it's the reasons doctors always hold the needle up to the light and flick out any small air bubbles... If your heart encounters air when it expects to pump blood it flips out.

It's a sort of favourite assassination technique, at least in fiction - of course I have no idea about real life... It has been suggested that Robert Maxwell was killed this way, a couple of special forces type divers boarded his boat when he was out having his cigar... Jacked an air bubble into one of his arteries with a hyperaemic needle, held him down as he had his heart attack and dumped him overboard to drown... The puncture wound from the needle is removed by the body bloating out in the sea water. And of course no trace of drugs.

Not really.
I have actually injected 10 ml of air into the cephalic vein for a TransEsophageal Echo Cardiogram. A small Doppler is inserted through the mouth and is positioned in the esophagus. The Doppler is pointed at the heart and air is then injected. The bubbles will outline any blood clots in the heart. This emergency adjunct will dictate if Heparin protocol should be initiated.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hello there. Please refer to the ongoing discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join