It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate bill makes it illegal to grow, share, trade or sell homegrown food.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Talk about eliminating your competition.

What about the farmers?This is gangsterism.

Oh yeah this is really fair with their "get it from us and no one else" attitude.Yeah they don't take enough from the people busting their balls just to get by no they want more.They want it all.It's like George Bush said.."You're either with us..or you're with the terrorists.

Are you really free?

A government has enslaved your mind to believe that you really need them to protect you....protect you from what?Who's invading who?

What can we do about it?..I don't know,except it.Then maybe you can move on with your lives.Other than that,let people know.

Because if you resort to physical violence they can and will enforce martial law.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That's the best I can conclude after fourty pages.

Of ourse if they can cite specific points in the bill that might help.

But they can't and won't. Since I've seen this type of hype before.

Unfortunately a lot of members here seem to jump on a thread at face value rather than look into what is really happening.

Point I don't understand is why do we need another law? Are there not food inspectors in America? Who cares where the food comes from?

We have laws in this country already that should check to see if food is good or bad. Shouldn't matter where it came from. Why, because they should inspect it. Also, big business should inspect it after the government inspects it. But they don't. They don't care what kind of food they shove down your throat. All they care about is how cheap they can get it. Then care about how expensive they can sale it to you.

But this bill torpedoe's the competition. Be it outside or inside. No congressman from IL would introduce a bill that helps citizens from TX. It helps his state and his donors.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I didn't look it up but I'm willing to bet the sponsor of this bill get's donations from the Agriculture community of his state. I'm willing to bet the cosponsors get a little something something also.

I would bet my last dollar they ALL do.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

I think the belief is that food inspecting processes are out dated.

And they probably are.

So you modernize them, hence the title of the bill.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I mean really, when I cross the border, immigration asks me if I have fruit. Do we really need another bill to verify food?

It's a platform to restrict competition guys!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I think the belief is that food inspecting processes are out dated.

And they probably are.

So you modernize them, hence the title of the bill.

I'm ignorant on how it all works. So let me ask. Let's say I'm big business and decide to buy my food out of country.

Are there any federal guidelines I have to adhere to at that point? Or can I just ship in a billion tons of lettuce without the government caring one bit?

I would think laws already exist for that. Does big business have to produce some documents that they inspected this outside farmer out? But here's what's funny. We have laws against child labor but we import goods from countries that use child labor.

Tell me how it's not all about big business again? Our morals only exist inside America. We don't give a hoot about anyone elses morals. We shouldn't import anything from a country that uses child labor.

Let me know when they present that bill to congress.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
To counter somewhat this bad news story: My quality of life has never been better since I retired and moved into a small lot in the middle of town.

I grow and eat my own vegetables; resorting to store bought stuff only as a last resort. Stuff like the leathery, travel weary lettuce from the store is nasty compared to what I get from my garden.

My new-found neighbours also have their gardens and between us we share back and forth all the time. The sense of camaraderie and "we are all in this together" is a refreshing change from the "one-upmanship" of the burbs.

I also grow many natural plants, AKA weeds, with herbal and medicinal properties. I share my surplus flower bulbs and cuttings with anyone who wants some.

All of this is about as complete opposite as possible from the control mania that seems to be sweeping all of our governments. It can be done. More of us just have to get out and start digging, and relying less on the giant supermarkets.

Mind you, there are some people in my neighborhood who rely on 7-11 convenience stores even more than grocery stores for their food. - ugh!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Wooooow. This would devastate our local communities. I live in PA an we've a slew of farmers that make their income this way. We've got lovely farmers markets that offer all kinds of organic fruits and vegetables. Most run sustainable farms. I cant imagine my city without this....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/daa849a617cc.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I don't know the current laws.. I was just looking into whether this threads source is right..

Which I don't think it is. I think its just a scare tactic.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Its for your safety and security ........ and the people believe and follow, Ohhhh yeh this is going to pass as all the other "for your safety and security" bills have.

People deserve no freedoms!! they are too stupid, they keep giving them up!!!

What is that saying??

Benjamin Franklin
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."

Many paraphrased derivatives of this have often become attributed to Franklin:

* Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by svpwizard]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
so the 2 tomato plants in my neighbors yard means she could go to jail ?

that is dumb.

how could this even pass? unless it is not talked about and people never find out.

you can't monopolize our food.......

Couldn't we sue the government like Bill Gates was sued for having a Monopoly with his Microsoft Windows Product ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Federal Government has screwed with just about everything in our lives, now it comes to food. If food becomes so costly a man becomes hard pressed to feed his family there's no question in my mind this is when the guns come out and they will be in the hands of the civilian populace and there will be bloodshed. Industries like Monsanto I would suspect would be laid to waste. With the direction this government is taking it almost seems like they are making serious effort to enslave the citizenry. After Obamas statements I'm of the belief his is a muslim, a plant of sorts to take this country down from within. I would also see it becoming so bad that he would eventually declare martial law and declare himself president for an indefinite period of time. This is where you never give up your guns no matter what, if you do then you have surrendered.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Absolutely right its RETARDED, when people aren't allowed to grow there own food for fear they may barter or sell it... OMFG the humanity of it all......

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

This is "laughable at Best" and they are out of touch with the 3% they must deal with. DO NOT COMPLY, Period.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Reading over a description of this bill, I found two disturbing trends. The first one is the control of food, and the second one is that the bill seems to place the control of food into corporate and international hands, thus bypassing the constitution and our rights as citizens of America.

Once the government controls the food supply to the extent of not allowing citizens to grow their own food, they have complete control over YOU.

Reading this... it is important enough I think... could someone post a direct quotation from the bill where it says that homegrown food would be illigal?

www.opencongress.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard

Its for your safety and security ........ and the people believe and follow, Ohhhh yeh this is going to pass as all the other "for your safety and security" bills have.

People deserve no freedoms!! they are too stupid, they keep giving them up!!!

What is that saying??

Benjamin Franklin
"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power."

Many paraphrased derivatives of this have often become attributed to Franklin:

* Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by svpwizard]

I bet one day people from history like Franklin will be looked upon as traitors, and people who read them terrorists.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I don't know the current laws.. I was just looking into whether this threads source is right..

Which I don't think it is. I think its just a scare tactic.

That is what I was wondering, I posted a link with the bill's text hoping someone could figure this out.

:p so complicated.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I posted exerps on the thread I linked to because I read the bill, so don't berate people when you are incorrect and haven't read the thread.
That is kinda rude don't you think?
Didn't read it is not the same as didn't post it.

Oh, did I mention they are already swat teaming Amish farms and raw food distributers....

oh yeah several times...

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Awesome, thanks dude. I will read the thread in search of the parts of the bill. And I do remember Omish raids now that you mention it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If there's a story here we need to know it.

How is whatever this thing says, in said context, any different than whatever there already is?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join