It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate bill makes it illegal to grow, share, trade or sell homegrown food.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Senate bill makes it illegal to grow, share, trade or sell homegrown food.

www.theworldsprophecy.com

S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. It is to our food what the bailout was to our economy, only we can live without money.

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” ~Dr. Shiv Ch
(visit the link for the full news article)

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If every you had any doubts that this government is a band of insane, evil psycopaths, this has got to be it.

If people don't kick up one helluva noise and if the American people allow this to pass, they too must be insane.

To consent to this bill is to consent to being murdered.

The downright lies make me so very angry:

Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsanto’s Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create — without judicial review — if it passes. S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and farming.

Monsanto has to be one of the most evil, murderous groups of psycohaths on this plant, surpassed only by those who are leading of this insane plot to murder humanity.

"

www.theworldsprophecy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Sun Aug 15 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

This is not new.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
if you do not wrap your head around the monsterous and diabolical agenda
that is underway then stand by to be victimized further. they want to control
Everything..food ,water ,air, all resources... they are going to kill off
as many as they can- the sabotage in the gulf, the ongoing chemical warfare
is going on all over the planet.
while 300 lb chunks of goo suck down soda pop and pay money for cancer sticks.
and run to the doctor for medication so they can eat more crap and get an erection.
the overlords create doomsday seed banks and underground bunkers.. fox propaganda spews 24/7 - and the entire country becomes one big prison yard.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
First of all this may no be as restrictive as the refrence might be saying.

Amends the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) to deem a food to be misbranded if it was manufactured, processed, packed, or held in a facility that is not registered. Declares that a facility under the FFDCA does not include private residences of individuals. Requires annual registration of food facilities, including food facilities that export food. Authorizes the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to suspend the registration of any food facility for a violation of the FFDCA that could result in serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals. Sets forth procedures for such a registration suspension. Directs the Secretary to collect an annual fee for registration of a food facility to defray the costs of food safety activities. Terminates the authority to collect such fees after FY2014.

sorce

The key point above being that a facility does not include private residences of individuals.

Second, it will also make the exportation of food follow the same rules of drugs, and to create a fee.

Extends the export certification program currently applicable to drugs and devices to include food. Sets forth provisions regarding the fee for an export certification for food.

This does make me worry, because I am thinking about how much the drug companies have screwed all of us. They charge so much less for there drugs in other countries, that it is actually profitable for the people overseas to buy the drugs from a U.S. manufacturer and then sell them to people in the U.S. at a substantial profit while the people they are selling them to are actually saving a substantial amount of money.
It scares me to think that the food industry may now be able to follow the same rules and practices.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Believe me, this is a bill to screw people. It's totally insane, and like all other proposed legislation, it is part of the cess-pit's agenda.

Forgive me, but to say one clause in it might not make it as bad as it sounds is denial in the extreme.

WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO EAT WHAT WE WANT, AND MORE ESPECIALLY, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO EAT FRESH, UNCONTAMINATED FRUIT AND VEG.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It is not just this bill that is to screw people, all bills that limit freedoms screw people. I do not doubt that the driving force behind this bill are the companies that will be able to profit from the increased food price as a result of fewer imports and increased control by forcing the smaller farmers out of the market.
It is also the single clause that will be the most damaging as well as the saving grace, which is why I at least read the summery review.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I will have to look at this some more ....but it is unconstitutional.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just saying it does not apply to private residences is not good enough. What will happen with farmer's markets? The small scale producer seems to be at risk here, while it is the large factory farms that are really the source of most food related health risks.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
WTF!? The insanity just went up a notch.

It could be because of future decreasing world trade and food imports (because of oil depletion). The government wants to control food distribution.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Seriously...

They who control food control the world.

One can't eat money.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
wouldnt this be good for america? it would decrease the gov payouts of excess farmed crops, and american commodities can be consumed as well as exported for a surplus in bartering potential?

if all you eat is food that is prepared by you or another person is this a bad bill? it will decrease the cost of food that has to be prepared by virtue of increased stock of goods.

the only downside to this bill is the market manipulation.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Just saying it does not apply to private residences is not good enough. What will happen with farmer's markets? The small scale producer seems to be at risk here, while it is the large factory farms that are really the source of most food related health risks.

Exactly! And leave it to the 'gubment' to re-define what a "private residence" is. As I've said before, they'll have to pry my shovel and watering can from my cold, dead hands.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is really inevitable considering we have an administration for food and drugs, FDA. Food is already under control, and will become more controlled as time progresses. If I'm not mistaken, this year the FDA and Congress made a law or wrote a future law that will ban the sell of un-pasteurized milk products.

Furthermore, this "obesity" epidemic, arguably caused by the slander of fat which has led to the HF corn syrup addiction, our children are going to be fed what the government chooses in school. There is an official "Task Force on Childhood Obesity", led by the first lady.

Here is a quote from a legal brief concerning the FDA and it's legality of controlling milk products:

…… there is no “deeply rooted” historical tradition of unfettered access to food of all kinds….To the contrary, society’s long history of food regulation stretches back to the dietary laws of biblical times…. Modern food safety regulation in the United States has its roots in the early food laws of the American colonies, which themselves incorporated “the tradition of food regulation established in England.” …(-citing a Virginia statute passed in 1873, that “made it an offense . . . [to] knowingly, sell, supply, or bring to be manufactured . . . milk from which any cream has been taken; or milk commonly known as skimmed milk”). Comprehensive federal regulation of the food supply has been in effect at least since Congress enacted the Pure Food and Drugs Act of 1906, and was strengthened by the passage of the FDCA in 1938. Thus, plaintiffs’ claim to a fundamental privacy interest in obtaining “foods of their own choice” for themselves and their families is without merit.

Source

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Sun Aug 15 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm frankly not surprised a bill of this nature has appeared. The whole trend of supporting the big companies and destroying the small guys was bound to seep over into the food industry.

It totally sucks and it removes even more control away from us individuals and places it into a select few.

I'm glad that we can still grow food in our backyards, but it's not like that's going to be any comfort for the small farmers that are standing there, with pitchfork in hand, feeling screwed over.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I am so glad i do not live in the USA! Europe FTW!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

This is part of Codex Alimentarius becoming US law.

It has been discussed in its WTO form here by a medical doctor.

Just part 1 is enough for most ppl to have a WTF moment.

This is another good reason to get us out of the WTO,
and by association many other evil organizations.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

For those of you who have Adobe Acrobat and wish to look at the bill I pulled it up.

www.nicfa.com...

The link is the S. 510 Bill.

Well I'm going to dig through it, there are usually loop holes in things like this.

They always leave something.

Edited for spelling and to add: The Section 510 of the bill starts on page 120.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Quickfix]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
here are some excerps from the bill
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In Canada we have bill c-6 which is generally regarded as having sold out our sovereignty by putting us under the pervue of globalist corporations
Thanks Harper you punk

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Soon as the government along with their little puppets, the police have banned everything we can grow to survive. Thats when they'll move in for the kill!

Instead of banning nature...Ban the Fed!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join