It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the west should fear muslims

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yeah that's often been a pondering of mine, I heard an amazing quote that said where knowledge ends, religion begins....

Maybe we should just try and spread the knowledge, and realise the mystery is brilliant and enlightening and we don't need to believe in things without evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Sweden has a majority of Atheists, it's even respected, dare i say, MORE than theistic views. Maybe other countries will follow that trend soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Who knows? What can I say? A lot of times see other Atheist as ridiculous. Most Atheist present religion as a joke or evil; which it is in fact. But we should already be able to outsmart them with their contradictions.
The link in my signature discredits Jesus as the Messiah. Which is already pointless for me defending Christianity and Islam. I guess I have some Winston Churchill in me.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

A lot of Atheists are over-zelous, and do not have the reason or the logic to back up there contempt.

As an anti-theist i find this easy, and i have long debated why religion, especially the Abramamic religons are opressive absolutist dictatorships, it's followers are servants of the absolute master.

His rules are objective and cannot be changed, this causes you to have prejiduce, and you could even do wicked things and claim them as "good" or holy through "God's" Will.

That's not to discredit charity or peace, i have never opposed these things. But why should we need to believe in a Master in fear in order to do good deeds?

I think you're right there, You should learn to hate your enemy. A few of my enemies consist of homophobes, racists, and indoctrinators of children, i have many more but it's funny how religion can become many enemies rolled into one and simply due to a belief in the unprovable.

In essense i DO think religion is evil; it is delusion of the mind, abolishment of your indviduality and the abandonment of intelligence and inquizitive nature as a human

[edit on 21/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Have you seen the movie The Believer? You should check it out? The main character is based on a selfsame Jew. Which he go's through various stages of understandings in life.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I havn't, i will be sure to have a look.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This is one of the best films I seen. Check out wikipedia you might find it interesting.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Thanks for the recommendation, i love a deep film

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This Thread is about the impact of mass immigration and whether the growing numbers of Moslems in the west has had a negative impact on crime rates.

The Thread is an attempt at open discourse about social impact, the seeming reluctance of Moslems to fully integrate into their adopted countries and western perceptions that in large numbers/groups, Moslems feel empowered to voice or act out their opposition to western standards.

The Thread is not a discussion about the religion itself.

Sometimes, ATS really frustrates me! There is global representation in this Thread, the OP is based in Norway, I am English, there have been many British, European, American posts. Yet there has been little sharing and comparing of national crime stats and correlating data that might actually lead to an honest, mature discussion about an issue (the seeming rise in violent crime and public disorder where there are large groups of un (or dis?)-integrated Moslems) that concerns many people living in the West.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Relating to the topic, and my questions to any Muslim who truely follows his "perfect" book are as follows:-

What's the punishment for Apostasy in Islam?

Does Islam WANT to dominate the world?

Do Muslims want to spread Shariah law across the world?

Do Muslims believe in evolution?

Why does Allah condone stoning of women and men as punishment? does Allah not believe in rehabilitation and nuture?

Why would we support a religion that happily and ignorantly indoctrinates their children with a belief system based on no evidence, and relating to this question; should we lead our children to deny science and truth based on an old book?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Uhmm..I haven't seen any Christians doing this is my neighborhood....

www.rawa.org...

Jesus tells Christians to love their neighbor as themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Someone should contact Aish.com and let them know they have a Mulslim mole in their midsts.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Who knows? What can I say? A lot of times see other Atheist as ridiculous. Most Atheist present religion as a joke or evil; which it is in fact. But we should already be able to outsmart them with their contradictions.
The link in my signature discredits Jesus as the Messiah. Which is already pointless for me defending Christianity and Islam. I guess I have some Winston Churchill in me.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

and what might that be?

useless quotes?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Norway, Sweden, maybe Finland, are racially doomed. Due to the low birth rates among natives, it was the smart move for the zionists to open channels of immigration for those who breed in great numbers. The same thing is happening here, in the states, of course.

Look at how well it's working. You are doing the advertising for them. Just as planned.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

racially doomed? Please do go on and explain.

Freedom of expression and freedom of speech are MUSTs in countries with social democracy. Islamists don't like this, they want to impose Shariah law wherever they go.

In our modern countries morals in the bible and elsewhere have long since been abolished. These include slander or hatred towards homosexuals, women's rights, slavery or even genocide in some cases. People have stood up and faught against this opression. But hay the Muslims want to opress us even more, and demand respect for it.

Unfortunately there are still countries run by the church and stick to their archaic moral system, no women allowed in court and people are stoned to death as punishment.

Do we really want this irrational, low intelligence based moral system inflicting in our country and other countries when we have been progressively freeing ourselves since the mid 20th century.

Even the christians understand to keep their business out of the secular/state business, some don't though.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
fear is what fuels terror.

no fear, no terror.

do you fear? are you a proponent of fear? is it what you practice?

then you are a terrorist, by definition.

people follow the example you offer.

be the change you wish for, set an example.

fear? hate? leading cause for new laws.

how many laws do terrorists (fearers) have now?

what is the number of laws?

rhetorical question, fearers don't know.

that is my 3.5 cents.

thanks,
et

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

There is no fear but fear itself.

I don't fear the Muslims, i despise them as much as i despised Hitler's agenda.

I'm not saying every Muslim is a bad person. But every Muslim has the potential to deny truth to children, to instruct women to conform, to indoctrinate and label their children a Muslim before the child is old enough to understand or to think with reason.

Also, every suicide bombers seems to have Islam at the core of his justification.

Suicide bombers are killing under the lie that they will be rewarded and Allah will be happy. It allows good people to do bad things and claim them as good through Allah's will.

It separates society, as do other religions and gives people prejiduce towards women, gays and Jews just because a preist is stating this is how Allah commanding humans to live.

And this "every person is born a Muslim" is really starting to get to me, just the stupidity and ignorance.

What about before the QuRan was written? everyone still a Muslim then?

What about when people believes in Zeus? Was everyone a muslim then?

And i'm not buying this "but the QuRan has never been altered" - So what? Does that mean stoning of women and death to all "un-believers" should be something that we promote?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by pjslug

i will be very surprised if you get any "explanation/excuse or acknowledgement of these pics"

nice huh?

Of course I won't. This site is full of apologists and would never concede that a large majority of their precious muslims are full of hate. And if they had it their way this country would be called Islamerica.

And I'm not sure if it's getting enough attention in this thread. It might need to be on its own.

[edit on 8/21/2010 by pjslug]

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on Sat Aug 21 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

I've passed by one of those Muslim rallies a while back in the UK and I never really cared much about it even though their signs were disturbing. I guess I was busy with more pressing matters back then. Now however, it does bother me on how much huggers Muslims seem to be gaining even after all the ruckus that they're dishing out.

Islam's the new black.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

Islam is the new form of opression but justified because "it's the word of Allah", like Nazism in Germany.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

I don't fear the Muslims, i despise them as much as i despised Hitler's agenda.

hitler did not kill millions of people. those in the nazi party followed orders to kill millions of people, because they were afraid of not conforming to their society's laws, and were afraid of what would happen to them if they failed to follow orders. even a scared little child in the nazi's "boyscouts" was only a nazi youth member because that child was afraid of letting his parent's down, his neighbors down, and everyone his age was doing it. he was afraid of not belonging. now he is pope.

I'm not saying every Muslim is a bad person. But every Muslim has the potential to deny truth to children, to instruct women to conform, to indoctrinate and label their children a Muslim before the child is old enough to understand or to think with reason.

that happened to the pope, too. individuals like that in every religion, but they are only pretenders of their faith, not really practicing what their faith preaches, imo.

just some of my thoughts on this, based upon the information made available to me thus far that i accept as credible.

thanks,
et

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join