It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the west should fear muslims

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Fear is the wrong response. Fear breeds violence. Maybe if we just take a step back and see that for the most part we would all get along alright if we would just get rid of all the political bull#. Its really just our 'masters' playing our fears against each other. It is all completely irrational.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

If their was ever a trial on the "Deny Ignorance" VS "The PC people of the United States" This was it. The jury has come back. P.S. If you don't live in the U.S. You are the jury. Please stand and state your desicion.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Culture =/= religion. They can be woven together, but are still not the same thing.

Anyone who thinks their culture is superior to another is a poor example of the human race, so with that much, I agree.

However, to me, all religions are equally useless.

Hey, everyone is free to practice whatever they want. I get that. But mark my words:

--We'll never live in a truly peaceful world, so long as the majority of homo-sapiens are ruled by a religious mindset--

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
reply to post by Magnum007

Perhaps you would be interested in this:

Islam: What the West Need to Know

It's that attitude of "tolerance" that makes us vulnerable to further terrorist attacks and the destruction. Yes, there may be some "peaceful" ones out there. In other words, they aren't actively strapping on bombs and killing themselves. If that were the case, they'd all be dead. That doesn't imply that they aren't onboard with what their "leaders" are doing.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by General.Lee]

Your viewpoint is ironic. It is also the attitude of tolerance that supposedly separates your allegedly laudable worldview from their allegedly corrosive one. It is also a similar logic that fuels extremist terrorism - that the people must be supportive of the actions of the leaders, and so they are fair game.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Another question to the American PC. How dare you condemn the thoughts of someone from another country? Doesn't that automatically make you "bigots"? This has to be really hard for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hell yea I'm bigoted towards racial/religious bigots... I hate the haters!

Racial/religious bigotry is the epitome of ignorance. It is by definition intolerance and goes against the founding principles of any main-stream religion or philosophy.

Natural rights, we all have them, and we're all entitled to them. Opinions are yours to have, but many here are demonstrated their lack of intelligence and/or common decency by voicing theirs within this thread (and I thought the South Eastern US was bad - ha!)

[edit on 15-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Islam is not a peaceful religion, it spreads seperation and hate.

So do you.

Therefore, I want no part in what you preach.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Sorry Magnum has a point. You can still be a Catholic and not go to church. You can be an Atheist, and not preach the non existence of God every day. You can be virtually any other religion and choose when to put your religion in context to the rest of your life. If you are a Muslim you are "required" to pray in the direction of Mecca 5 times a day. They don't let you slack, they don't let you forget. It is your lifestyle, not just your religeon.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Could some one point me
to a Muslim "I hate everyone alse and I want to take over the world thread "please?
Just for comparison sakes.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Could some one point me
to a Muslim "I hate everyone alse and I want to take over the world thread "please?
Just for comparison sakes.

Yeah, like you'd post something like that if you were. What a stupid request. Imagine Hilter saying in 1931, follow me, we are going to kill Jews and millions of innocent people... follow me.

It's what behind the message that dangerous. If you need something so blatant to see it.. well... I don't know what to say.

My friend who was an ex Muslim and connected to a royal line, had to leave the UK due to death threats... Haven't found a Christian threatened with death for leaving a church... haven't found a Christian country who ban the Quaran, haven't found a Christian country who burn down mosques, haven't found a country where devoted Christians kill Muslims... The opposite is true worldwide though.
You don't deceive people by being upfront about it.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by daggyz]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Sorry Magnum has a point. You can still be a Catholic and not go to church. You can be an Atheist, and not preach the non existence of God every day. You can be virtually any other religion and choose when to put your religion in context to the rest of your life. If you are a Muslim you are "required" to pray in the direction of Mecca 5 times a day. They don't let you slack, they don't let you forget. It is your lifestyle, not just your religeon.

If your religion isn't being reflected in your lifestyle, I think many would say that your not a very devout follower.

Either way, you're still wrong. I know Muslims that don't pray everyday. And I know Christians that pray more than 5 times a day.

Stereotyping never got anyone anywhere.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Im confused?!

How the f*ck is a book that says to "convert or die", condones decapitating women for petty crime PEACEFUL?

And what kind of god is allah if he had to send an angel to threaten muhammed with death and worseif he did not preach?

What kind of prophet rapes, wars, and is a drunk?

I am sick of all these weak kneed leftists pulling the "religion of peace", or "read the quran" card when obviously they know nothing of either.

Furthermore, allah is not jehovah, in fact allah has more in common with the biblical "satan".

OPEN YOUR EYES YOU FOOLS

Im all for freedom to do whatever, but dont be ignorant, look around you. Is it the christians, buddhists, hindu's, atheists: hijacking planes, blowing up hotels, rocketing schools, and suicide bombing crowded sreets?

NO

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah that would be the majority of the Qur'an. Also the words of Mohhamed. Have stated them so many times i've gotten carpal tunnel. Really dont have to look far, I'm sure most local book stores have a copy. Read it, actually do the resaerch.

After 9/11 I was curious and read it. No I wont get into that debate here, because Iv'e looked up and quoted so many times it is rediculous. I simply ask those who would blindly back up the followers of this religion, to actually read this book before you do. P.S. I have read the Bible as well. The main difference is the Bible relies on the wrath and judgement of God. The Qur'an relies on the judgement and wrath of it's followers. I'm not a part of any religeon. Therefore I am far more comfortable with the "Wrath of God", VS The "Wrath of the followers of Allah".

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Religion is the opium of the poor and uneducated.

The discovery [and social acceptance] of contraception, microwave ovens, and dishwashers etc will lead to the demise of even the most robust notions of man's misplaced pre-conceptions of any potential beatific hereafter.

If we were supposed to know what happens when we die we'd have been supplied with a brochure.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Oh yeah, big guy? Then what's this? :

Oppose and admonish those who refuse to follow Muhammad. 4:63
The hypocrites refuse to die for Allah and Muhammad. 4:66
Those who obey Allah and Muhammad are favored by Allah. They are the best company. 4:69
Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74
Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76
Allah casts the hypocrites back to disbelief. Don't try to guide those that Allah sends astray. 4:88
Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89
If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91
The disbelievers are an open enemy to you. 4:101
Relent not in pursuit of the enemy. They have no hope from Allah. 4:104
Allah will not allow disbelievers to succeed against believers. 4:141

I don't know about the whole IQ thing either, to be honest.

BUT, anything Abrahamic is evil if you ask me. The same stuff of what I referenced above is also in Old Testament.

Now, can you confirm or deny that?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wademus

That reply brought a tear to my eye.

Regardless of the attacks you are about to be the beneficiary of, You spoke your true mind. That is such a novelty now and days you deserve a star, a meda,l a flag.. Whatever. Either way you deserve my praise.
THANK YOU.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

The difference being, The "Christians" you know are not "required" to pray 5 times a day. The "muslims" you know are. Good to see that the ones you know are slowly pulling away from their religion, I feel a little safer every time I hear this.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

The one thing I don't get about the Liberal defense of Islam is this:

If it were radical extremist Christians they would be publicly denounced by the Liberal Left.

But likewise, I have to also say I don't understand entirely the Christian Rights hatred of Islam.. Aside from cultural practices, ie, the way they pray, dress, talk and look .... YOU'RE THE EFFING SAME!

Ya'll even have the same damn God.

And yet Liberals would take any criticism of Islam as "racism, ethnocentrism etc etc"

In reality I don't like any form of extremism, I don't like them regardless of their creed, be it crazy Baptist (which seems to be most) crazy Catholics like the Opus De, radical Jews, Mormons, and especially Muslims. Because Muslims above all else, aside maybe Mormons, get away from treating other people like scum beneath their shoes. Women who dress in head to toe coverings is just one example. And I'm actually looking at this through a "Liberal" view .. that accepting, promoting and endorsing Islamic practices will take our societies back decades, even hundreds of years, as far as acceptance of women, social tolerances and understanding and how hard we worked to get rid of religious extremism running our Nations.

And please note I am only talking about the extremist, which are often the poor "ghettos" we here our European friends talking about, or the radical camps set up in the US. Those that go about their business just like the rest of us who don't try to impose anything on anyone are all A-OK in my book.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That was great. I'm not a part of either, because I do agree with you. Though one is deffinitely scarier than the other, because the religeon tells the believers what to do, and then calls on them to carry it out. The other demands you rely on the judgement of God "though they rarely do". The fundementallist Muslims scare me because they take their religion seriously, and will act out on the words of Mohammed as they are supposed to. The "Christians" who ignore the fact that the Bible tells them that "God is the only judge", and still go on their own judging spree also scare me.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
Islam is not a peaceful religion, it spreads seperation and hate. Their prophet Mohamed practised peace in Medina when muslims was in a minority, but when he was in majority Islams true warlike face was shown, killing all those that would not become muslims. And throughout history with Islam you will find that muslims are only peaceful while in minority, but suppressive and warlike when muslims are in majority, just like Mohamed before and after Medina. Prove me wrong!

Christianity is not a peaceful religion, it spreads seperation and hate. Their church practised peace when christianity was in a minority, but when it was in majority Christianity's true warlike face was shown, killing all those that would not become Christians. And throughout history with Christianity you will find that christians are only peaceful while in minority, but suppressive and warlike when christians are in majority. Prove me wrong!

You attack muslims for spreading separation and hate. Do you not see the irony of this?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join