It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the west should fear muslims

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

agree totally. there are nutballs everywhere from every race and religion. I try not to be around them, and just hang out with everyone else.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In my area the op would just be the overwhelming local opinion.

Islam is hated here with good reason

They moved in. Ran the area down ten bought it up at a cheap price... I served my country yet cannot even get housing because they took it all... Now they want a super mosque..

Over my dead body

I would die before islam takes england and i aint the only one., Politicions watch out..

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by above

It has been long known as a fact that there are differences in intelligence between people. Black ones are most physical, least intellectual, asian ones are most intellectual least physical. The rest come in between.

(religion)

Too bad you went all racist lite in your post. To generalize like that flushed your comment down the drain and you're shown your true colors. Have you ever seen a sumo wrestler? Or have you ever read about George Washington Caver or Frederick Douglas? How about the rest "in between".... maybe Gandhi?

Wow, someone with out a clue.

Most "religious" humans are peaceful and worship what ever god they worship in peace. It's the fringe that are violent.... Christian, Muslim, Hindi, and all the rest, etc etc etc.

As to the original post. Fear? Only cowards fear. And bigots like our poster fear anything they don't understand and are too close minded to learn.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
its disgusting watching the muslims ruin nice parts of europe.
i see it starting to happen here in the USA and i really hope it stops soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
WHY DOES EVERYONE WHO POST THESE KIND THREADS ACT LIKE SOME SELF PROCLAIMED ISLAM RESEARCHER? I bet you havent even read the Q'uran.......everything is taken out of context and its all GOOOD because the ELITE are doing are really good job of creating fake boogeymen to divert your attention....!!!

same can be said for any religion..theres EXTREMEISTS IN EVERY RELIGION....MORON...when will people bloody realize that...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

That is the most bigoted ignorant post i've read in a long time.

Shame on you.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by the dacoit

Bet you havent been held in my area and you have had wankers trying to convert you?

Like i said to them..

Bring it!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
"BS this is all BS... from the IQ to the good 'ol their religion is evil...

Read the Qur'an maybe you'll learn something... It's not a book advocating violence, it's actually a peaceful book... Stop demonizing Islam with your ignorant words. Learn about it directly instead of what you "heard" or "read" from BS sources...

How do you test the IQ of people in war zones and who are poverty stricken where education is not a priority? How do you justify this?

You are forgetting the real people to fear. The American government... They are the ones who have invaded Korea & Vietnam (in the name of preventing communism), most of South America ONLY to put in their own puppet governments. Should I go on???

You are writing like a true Nazi. Oh they are more stupid than us, we waste money on them, and they are taking over everything... Let's get rid of them, yeah! let's kill 'em...

I can't believe I even read your post...

Magnum "

most apt reply, i agree

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neosceptic

I have a 160 iq and still hate islam...

Wonder why?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What is Religion?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm going to shed my two cents on this discussion, whether popular or not, it is my firm opinion.

Religion is one of the primary elements holding back the progression of humanity.

Be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or what have you, almost every major war and conflict between differing nations throughout history has been started over a conflict of religious persecution.

It's just sad. I don't need to read the bible to know that murder and infidelity are morally unjustifiable. I don't need to read a religious book to learn how to love my neighbor.

You have the right to practice whatever religion you desire, but know that the only thing I "hope and pray" is that the future of mankind finds its way without religion, so that we may one day put all these childish differences aside.

Too many people have been murdered in the name of God.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

All easy to say when you aint oppressed.. See you in a few
years x

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

But we are not discussing the Bible here on this thread. The discussion lies with Muslims and the Quran.

Please stop trying to derail the this thread because it is not PC. I would like to thank the poster who created the thread with the Quran verses that advocate violence toward the infidels, as they say.

Perhaps if you believe the Quran to preach love and peace, maybe you should re-read it because you obviously did not understand it the first time. Maybe you have reading and comprehension issues, not sure. I have read the Quran because sometimes there is absolutely nothing to do while you are deployed. I took those down times we had and immersed myself in local culture and history. I also took that opportunity to learn as much about Islam as I could.

I am not denying that Christians are/were violent and bloody but this thread is not about Christianity and it's history. So stop the threats of Bible verses that advocate violence.

If humans are a virus upon this planet, then the Muslims are the cancer of the world. The OP describes it perfectly.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by neosceptic

I have a 160 iq and still hate islam...

Wonder why?

While I think introducing IQ to the matter was a silly notion to begin with, I'll take a stab at it: cognitive bias. Being extremely intelligent hardly makes you impervious to errors in judgement and persistence in wrongful notions due to learned bias.

If you had said "I have a 160 iq am still critical of islam," I would not have suggested cognitive bias.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Perhaps you would be interested in this:

Islam: What the West Need to Know

It's that attitude of "tolerance" that makes us vulnerable to further terrorist attacks and the destruction. Yes, there may be some "peaceful" ones out there. In other words, they aren't actively strapping on bombs and killing themselves. If that were the case, they'd all be dead. That doesn't imply that they aren't onboard with what their "leaders" are doing.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by General.Lee]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'd love to know what the difference between religion and a cult is?

Perhaps I'm being ignorant (something I always try to denounce), but every time I see religious debate, I always think to myself:

"Self, this sounds awfully like a cult."

A cult with "good intentions" is still a cult.

I was brought up Catholic, but never liked being told to warship someone, how to think and act, to love my "god" more than parents, etc.

Nope, sorry.

And I don't understand those that say "I'm such and such religion, but we're not devout (i.e, they practice bits and pieces).

How does that work, exactly? You can pick and choose what you like about a specific religion, and only follow those parts?

Nah, to me that's all nonsense.

Christianity is just as fundamentally flawed as Islam. Follow the leader, don't think for yourself, here are your rules and guidelines. Obey me.

No thanks.

And the grand irony that is Catholic priests raping young children and Islamic extremists blowing everyone apart is too much for me to deal with. Not to mention I don't respect a religion that does not respect basic human rights, i.e, how women are treated in the Islamic faith.

Once again, religion just isn't for me. I don't see its place in a truly peaceful, morally guided, and socially agreeable society.

Here's hoping one day we'll move past all this nonsense.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Sorry, but the "Christianity" argument isn't going to fly. There is a world of difference between what happened thousands of years ago (and hasn't happened since) and a tradition of killing "infidels" that is still very much alive today. I don't see on the news everyday, another "christian" blowing himself up or planting car bombs to kill hundreds of innocent civilians. There may be an isolate whacko every 5 years that identifies with "Christianity" but they in fact aren't Christians, they are whack jobs.

When people compare the Crusades with present day Islam, they lay out their ignorance for all to see. BTW, Christianity is NOT a religion. And IMHO, the Catholic religion is way off base in relation to true Christianity. But I won't go into the details.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

This is possibly the most entertaining post I have ever read in my life. An ATS Member from another country that is not overrun by the PC. States what he sees to be the truth about a specific portion of his country, and the heads of hundreds of PC American’s, immediately explode. Those who automatically Screamed: “BS, THIS ISN’T TRUE. IT CANT BE TRUE.” Yet there was not one response that stated: “I have been to that specific part of your country and it was not as bad as you make it to be.” Or: I have kept up with your local news and you are over exaggerating.” No simply, “BS. You are lying, you are a racist, how can anybody think this way?”

The kicker was the IQ statement which not only inflamed people, but gave them ammo to use throughout the entire post. Though none of the PC asked from the beginning: “What was the basis for this remark?” Who ran this study?”” Were their findings repeated in any other tests?” No, you all simply attacked, and attacked and attacked, even though not one of you had fact one in your corner to back the attacks.

“Deny Ignorance” my a$$.

Deny Everything that fits into my cuddly, “everybody should love each other” mentality, more like it.

No wonder every other country has no respect for the U.S.

It is not because of our leaders, it is because of the citizens themselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Sorry, but the "Christianity" argument isn't going to fly. There is a world of difference between what happened thousands of years ago (and hasn't happened since) and a tradition of killing "infidels" that is still very much alive today. I don't see on the news everyday, another "christian" blowing himself up or planting car bombs to kill hundreds of innocent civilians. There may be an isolate whacko every 5 years that identifies with "Christianity" but they in fact aren't Christians, they are whack jobs.

Irish car bomb ring a bell. I suppose you missed the Ireland/N. Ireland conflict that spanned from the 1960s to 1990s (Protestants vs. Catholics).

[edit to add quote]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
this is one of those threads that really show the face of the people here

I mean, its disgusting to be considered part of a community that thinks their culture is better or that another culture is bad

there is no such thing ... its all about perspective

this is one of the moments you see the ones that need a tea of study

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join