It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on how to show Dis-pleasure....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just a thought.....

I have read a couple of threads recently about members displeasure about 'hatred' views (?) or threads not being 'as good as they used to be' in the good ole days.....

We operated a star system to show approval of a thread, would it be an idea to operate a 'x' as well as a '*' and then the poster and those reading it would get a 'feel' of the sentiment of those viewing..?

Just a thought........

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Its already been suggested, sort of an anti star for posts you dont like..

Suggested and rejected...

I thought it was a good idea but you will probably be closed or moved to the bussiness board shortly...

I'll s&f before the mods pounce

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Like a bonza badge and a cynical star?

We'd probably need 4 buttons thinking about it.

1) I'm a believer and I respect this thread/post.

2) I'm a sceptic and I respect this thread/post.

3) I'm a believer and I'm not impressed with this thread.

4) I'm a sceptic and I'm not impressed with this thread.

That way people can find the posts they are looking to take part in easier.

Star children can easily see posts which sceptics don't approve of yet believers do and expect chat appropriate to those ratings within that thread.

Likewise sceptics can see posts which believers don't approve of yet other sceptics do and expect chat appropriate to those ratings within that thread.

It's a win-win situation.

And the great fun comes from when people willingly walk into a thread which doesn't share their sentiment and attempt to supply their opinion to counter it.

We could even have a compo to name the buttons!!

-m0r

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Some posters find it hard enough just typing and you want to give them 4 buttons?

Nice theory though...
Ya missed one..
5)boring post with all copy/paste...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

CynicalM

Thanks for the info, I missed that one being suggested before....

It does seem to make sense though and it gives people to give a subjective view and consensus view....

Adding 4 or 5 buttons Over Complicates the issue and I can see this as why it was not adopted before, because everyone will want every option available... Just stick to what is there currently then ???!!

Cheers

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hmm, I just read some posts that were, well I wont say but a think we need another button,

6) I bow to you, God of ATS...

I'm sure you get my point

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Stars, as they are......are stupid, one way bs, set up for a positive, rather than realistic ATS visit.
Unfortunatly there is no disagreeing without creating a post that can appear trolling or flaming.
I see the most insane posts starred to the max, and I try to byte my keyboard as much as possible, but sometimes I just have to call stupid...stupid, but would rather just pull a star

Only way it would mean anything is if it had an add and remove stars, or as you suggested positive and negative feedback, otherwise it's like Candyland here, where the softening of society is shoved right up where the sun don't shine

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

WOW that is a fantastic idea, I think it would work really well.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I would suggest if there were a
feature, that it not negatively impact any added stars. It would just be a polling device, that way retaliating couldn't take anything away from the account standing. Of course, one shouldn't be allowed to be star and
a post, which requires further account tracking in the database.

In my experience, software feature creep can also make a mess of things. Thinking about it, it's good enough. So, just forget about the above.

Star children

And "Flag babies"?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This issue has been brought up numerous times. Depending on the words you use in search you can find the existing threads. For example, here.

Please add any additional suggestions to ATS/BTS What would you like to see in the future.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join