It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/aircraft photo that I have uploaded.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hello. My name is Steve and I'm from Portsmouth in England.

A friend's Father asked me to help shift some of his personal items as he is going into a retirement home. He had a lot of old photo books. In one of them he had a photograph he said he took in the mid 1970s of what he called an 'aircraft'. He lived near RAF Hythe at the time. I'm not sure what this photograph shows. I had to create a photobucket account to upload it as I read about that on this forum.

i820.photobucket.com...

Steve M

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOsteve

It looks like a flying saucer...or something dangling from that tree. The image is scanned and impossible to draw a conclusion. With the screen effect across the surface of the image, I'd suspect a hoax. Net curtains are vertical and don't follow that line.

Basically, could be anything!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

It looks like a typical flying disk but with that blue layer on the photo it's impossible to tell. If you look at the tree trunk on the left you can see a bird house attached, and when I first saw this picture I thought the UFO was a bird feeder hanging from the overhead branch.

Somehow I don't think it is though... it's a shallow tray and you'd have to be filling it up on a regular basis with seed or whatever and looking at the height of it off the ground, I think you'd need a ladder. Who could be bothered doing that to refill a bird feeder?

Who knows!

[edit on 15/8/10 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky.....

I suggested the Mods move this into the A&U forum so that more people see it.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Nice one. I noticed it was an hour old and without a post, but didn't notice where it was posted. Hopefully the image guys can add something more?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It looks like a typical haunebu.
thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr...

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

It looks like a flying saucer...or something dangling from that tree. The image is scanned and impossible to draw a conclusion. With the screen effect across the surface of the image, I'd suspect a hoax. Net curtains are vertical and don't follow that line.

Basically, could be anything!

I think that effect is caused by strong sunlight on the camera lens but i`m no expert.
Interesting photo though.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well I've fiddled around with the pic a bit and here's what I see, JMO.

The bird house and the round object (I think it is a bird feeder) have crisp clear edges... closer to the camera? What else I see is a right angled object to the left of what I'm assuming is a bird feeder and its edges are not so clearly defined. I can't tell you if its two branches farther from the camera or a right angled object in the sky.

My photo manipulation:

[edit on 15/8/2010 by SeenMyShare]

Mod edit: img tag changed to show the scroll-bars, as requested.

[edit on 15/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What I find more amazing is that there is a flying house to the left of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Will someone repost that photo so it has the slider at the bottom please? I'm still a bit code illiterate and always mess this part up.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

could be a bird house

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danna
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

could be a bird house

Or the mother ship/house.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by keepureye2thesky]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Iphone ufo app.

Some fit the profile

**EDIT**
I thought there was a 20 post minimum to post threads?

[edit on 15/8/10 by locster]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Request granted, scroll bar added.

Just use "img" instead of "atsimg" to show the scroll bar.

I also think it's a small object close the camera, specially by the way the light reflects on it.

Here are two attempts at colour correcting that image.

[edit on 15/8/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
small object in front of the camera on account of the 'ufo' actually being in front of the trees branches and not behind

so either it is a hoax or a really really tiny ufo

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks
ArMaP!

Yours make it even clearer than mine that the round object is close to the camera. Either a round birdhouse or a feeder. Great job with the image. The angled object still throws me though because in your image it can clearly be seen to have branches in front of it. It still appears to be at a greater distance due to the non crisp edges, and I do not see a tree it could be attached to if it were broken limbs.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
nice pic!

But to me it looks like a street lamp

EDIT: it IS a hanging street lamp. And this Thread should be moved to HOAX.

You can see the string

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Hellas]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Hellas, Hoax implies that it was a known object deliberately purported to be a UFO. The OP already said they didn't know what it was since it wasn't their photo. He/she posted it here for the group to look at and make educated guesses or definitive identification. If its a street lamp fine. Its not a hoax though, just a simple misidentification.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the implication it seemed to me was that this pic was taken in the uk but we dont have hanging streetlamps in residential areas over here there are only 2or3 types of street lamp used in the whole of the uk just so you know!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Hellas

Hellas, Hoax implies that it was a known object deliberately purported to be a UFO. The OP already said they didn't know what it was since it wasn't their photo. He/she posted it here for the group to look at and make educated guesses or definitive identification. If its a street lamp fine. Its not a hoax though, just a simple misidentification.

Well I guess you would know if you have a lamp outside your House or not... So it cant be a misidentification.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join