It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living dinosaur found (+video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Indeed without zoomlens was also to me questionable but here is another video from two witnesses

Living Pterosaur Report

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the video, atleast the 2nd one, looked like a kite. I didn't see the wings move once, so I'd suggest kite. Maybe I'm wrong, and I would love to see DINOsaurs, but I don't know.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The locals can rest easy now. Its a bird. Only a bird. And nothing but a bird.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Woetzel will go back i guess

As he left the island, Woetzel passed out disposable cameras to the villagers and told them to report to his translator if they were able to pinpoint a location where the creature regularly eats or sleeps. If and when they do, he'll be back on the pterosaur's trail. (2nd link)

www.genesispark.com...
www.genesispark.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Bio luminescence ? hmm thanks James Cameron for Avatar

No film - Fail

No pics - Fail

Creationist - hmm wonder if there is a axe to grind there

Sorry total hoax

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I agree with you all that video's could be the frigatbirds as explained earlier by others, but it doesn't explain all the sightings from several witnesses americans, australians and the locals themselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
www.bibleandscience.com...

E-mail from John Croft who lived in PNG for four years:

Hi Stephen

I have never seen or heard of such stories. I contacted a friend from Madang who said duwat was the name given to flying foxes in the area in one of the local languages. At sunset the flying foxes there frequently are seen as large flights heading out to sea. As they are at such a height they are still in sunlight whilst the ground is already in shadow. This gives them quite a radiant look.....

more emails on site

paleo.cc...

Flying Fox bat in Flight

It's likely that at least some southern hemisphere sightings of "pterosaurs" are explained by fruit bats. Some fruit bats such as "flying foxes" (shown at left) grow quite large (with wing spans over 4 feet across), and if seen in silhouette (which would be the case at night) can present a pterosaur-like profile, especially to nonscientific observers. Of course, no bats are known to be bioluminescent, or that have wing spans of 25 feet. Whitcomb, Baugh, and others insist that the locals are well aware of fruit bats and would have no trouble distinguishing them from pterosaurs. Whether or not that is so, without physical remains or at least credible photos, its difficult to put much confidence in these anecdotal reports.

Looks like the daylight film is a frigate and evening sightings are bats

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The video(s) in the OP has been posted many times over the last couple of years. Here is a thread from 2007. More specifically check out the post by JackOfBlades.

The short answer - as it was in the past: Frigate bird. Not as exciting as a Pterosaur (aka Pterodactyl) but at least it's the truth.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Im gonna have to agree with this poster.

Also, if a living Dinosaur was alive and well, we'd be hearing about it on more prominent and important channels besides youtube.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwampGas
It looks like a kite to me.

Lol we had to have one of these comments xD

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It can't be a Frigate bird because that has a swallow-like tail... Although I can see the similarity. It could be faked using a kite. It'd be nice to think this was genuine. If prehistoric creatures flew around, we'd all be screwed and you know it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

First of all the vids indicate nothing! As for the locals watching the bird - we have Cardinals in my area and I watch one anytime I see it. I love birds in flight most likely the same for the locals watching this large bird.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I watched both videos, interesting, but there isn't a perspective point where you could compare the size of the "creature/bird" to something else, I wish there was it would help give credibility to the eye witnesses.

The last picture in the original post was really neat. I'd love to hear about that creature, is it an actual documented species? That was way cool!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No it is not a documented creature and it is also not that welknown.
Locals do see them often

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the 'Amature pic' was a CGI "What it would look like" made by Josh Gates and the "Destination Truth" team when they went out to look for, The "Ropen".

Sure looks like it to me, will try digging it up...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Could certainly be the Frigate Bird, but as fans of Wargames (80's movie) will recall, there is a radio-controlled pterasaur model that has a moving head, etc. (I don't recall seeing the wings flap in the vids)...so could be the radio controlled model also. (Professor Falken was flying one when the two kids came to see him about stopping Joshua from blowing up the world).

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I stumbled accross this site on Reddit. It looks like the same animal that the op linked. But it has some better views. To me, it looks like a pterosaur. But i'm not a photgraph expert. I can't analyze these pictures or videos. They have several captures from the videos on the site and 2 amateur videos and a video with new pictures I havent seen. Like the one linked below.

Researchers have unearthed the pterosaur, 2010. The Ropen (Demon-flyer) has terrified the people of Papua New Guinea for thousands of years, a monster of the skies that swoops down on its unsuspecting prey, often at night, and carries them off to its lair.
thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CaliLove310

Those images are clearly not the same animal as in the footage and are very likely fakes, possibly photoshopped...

The funniest thing about all this is even if this were a Pterosaur it still wouldn't be a dinosaur (pterosaurs were reptiles) and if it is indeed a bird than it IS a living dinosaur essentially since birds evolved from theropod dinosaurs.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by CaliLove310

Those images are clearly not the same animal as in the footage and are very likely fakes, possibly photoshopped...

The funniest thing about all this is even if this were a Pterosaur it still wouldn't be a dinosaur (pterosaurs were reptiles) and if it is indeed a bird than it IS a living dinosaur essentially since birds evolved from theropod dinosaurs.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

There is still no hard evidence that birds evolved out of the pterosaurs. It is all still a speculation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join