It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pledge Your Opposition to Hatred on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I just read Oz Weatherman's excellent thread, An open message to you all: since when did this website become an outlet for hate?

I agree with him one hundred percent. And I have pledged to put on record, in every hate thread I visit, my opposition to seeing this kind of rubbish on ATS.

I imagine my post on such threads would read something like this:

Your thread is a hate thread. You started it with a deliberate intention to promote intolerance and stigmatization. The views offered in your OP are despicable, and so is trying to gain support and currency for them.

I don't want that kind of thing on my site. Take your hatred elsewhere.

Or words to that effect.

If you are willing to do the same (in your own words, of course), take the pledge. Post your pledge to oppose hatred on ATS in this thread.

It's time we said 'enough is enough'. Let the haters find another forum. ATS is not for them.

Note: any haters who try to justify their hate in posts on this thread will be ignored by me, and I heartily urge other pledgers to ignore them likewise. Let's see how far we can get on this.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I've already pledged as have many others.

I flagged and starred Oz's thread, without commenting in it, and have used the advise of 'be the change you want'.

There's no hate towards you here but I think this thread doesn't achieve anything more than garner you some stars and flags (and good luck with that!).

-m0r

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I pledge - not hatred.

Not that I have ever shown hatred.

What about pledging love? Um, no, too difficult.

What about pledging allegiance?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I do not understand why if someone has a different perspective which you view to be a 'Hatred' view then it is suggested that that member be Ex-Communicated..........

Surely if that individual has a harsh perspective on a topic then I would have thought it would be appropriate to giving an opposing view as compared to just 'Blanking' them ???

The world is full of different individuals with different opinions and views, if we only 'Talk' to those we agree with or like then where has the 'discussion' and 'understanding' and 'tolerance' gone which is surely required on a forum dedicated to debate and in my opinion 'learning'..

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

This is a really great and smart idea, Astyanax. Many of these threads I simply avoid, however, maybe it's time to drop in with a little note as to the reason why.

Your thread is a hate thread. You started it with a deliberate intention to promote intolerance and stigmatization. The views offered in your OP are despicable, and so is trying to gain support and currency for them.

I don't want that kind of thing on my site. Take your hatred elsewhere.

I pledge, too.

JAK

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A dangerous road to start down in my eyes, what qualifies as simple hate in the eyes of some may genuinely not seem so in the eyes of others, who starts the attempted censorship? There is a lengthy philosophical discussion posed by the concept.*

More importantly though:

Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board(s)

2d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Thread closed.

* I'd be interested in reading a thread discussing the philosophical aspect of the proposal in the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum.

[edit on 15/8/10 by JAK]

top topics

join