It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hall of Records behind Mt Rushmore! Time Capsule.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Have any of you heard of the Hall of Records? It is reportedly behind Mt Rushmore. There is a 70ft tunnel to a titanium vault and inside are 16 porcelain panels with key texts like the Constitution, The Declaration of Independance, and the history of the United States of America.

It was made as a time capsule if we do indeed ever destroy ourselves and leave our distant descendants information about themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The only Hall of Records that I have heard about is the one that is supposedly underneath the Sphinx. It is possibly information on gold discs about Atlantis or something like that. Do you have any links that talk about this Hall of Records behind Mt. Rushmore?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I originally got the information from Maxim magazine. But searching google I found these links for you. www.loc.gov...

t3.preservice.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, I read the links and the first one mentions this Hall of Records, but it says there wasn't enough $ for it. This was taken from the first link:

Borglum wanted also to establish a Hall of Records to capture the important documents describing the history of the memorial, its purpose and the philosophy of our government as contained in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, but Congress approved funds solely for the carving of the presidential figures. It was only in 1998 that Borglum's dream was fulfilled, on a much less grand scale, with the placing of 16 explanatory panels in the vault in the unfinished Hall.

The second link makes no mention of the Hall of Records. It sounds like it was no big deal and no mention of a titanium vault. It was unfinshed as well. What was the month and year of the Maxim magazine?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wasnt this in Richie Rich the movie? Where the vault was behind the "Mount Richmore"

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The month of July 2004. This a small exert from the second link: Borglum envisioned four U.S. presidents beside an entablature inscribed with a brief history of the country. In a separate wall behind the carved figures the Hall of Records would preserve national documents and artifacts.

Do a search in google using: hall of records mt rushmore .....should have more links.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It was never finished but they did put a plaque in their , but you cant go to it i saw a thing on the travel channel one time.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
don't recall it being in the Rich movie

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi ISY

I found this and hope it helps,
"But work on the Hall of Records, a time-capsule-like vault to hold historic records situated on the back of Rushmore, was stopped not because of the dangers of kicking up so much dust in an enclosed space, but because of lack of funds."
www.pbs.org...
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Doesnt mention the vault, but mentions the scene...

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
why would they choose mount rushmore?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well its not like there keeping UFOs or nukes in there(to the best of my knowledge). I guess its one of those lets make a monument to our history things. When it was built there was no threat of it getting nuked.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
how would the ppl of the future find this time capsle?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I watched a documentary on the mountain's construction once on the History channel, and it briefly mentioned the hall of records, but it was said that lack of funds stopped contruction like halfway through it. They may have added the vault recently in an attempt to finish the half-made tunnel.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Picture is here:
www.dakotaphoto.com...

Hall of Records
This large carved hall behind Mt. Rushmore is little-known, and was left uncompleted when work ceased on the mountain in 1941. The chamber was originally conceived to be a repository for records of our civilization, country, and the story of Mt. Rushmore. On Aug. 9, 1998, this idea was finally brought to fruition when a special box containing the history of Mt. Rushmore and our country was entombed in the granite floor of the chamber. For more info and photos on this fascinating story, please contact Dakota Photographic.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
for more info go here:

www.dakotaphoto.smugmug.com...

nice photos

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nyarlathotep

Can you tell me where you read or heard about the information being stored on gold discs? I would send you a message, but I haven't gotten the 20 posts yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Probably not even a 'time capsule' or 'hall of records' probably juts a storeroom for all the old stuff they no longer need, like the 'Contstitution' and the Declaration of Independance.

Out of sight out of mind right?

new topics

join