It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 mins Aus Mark latham deals blow to both libral and labour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
60 mins just had the best story by Mark Latham,downing both parties and calling for the Aus public to DONKEY vote.
He actually said its not about politics and policy= its about power.He has done a great job exposing the games our politicians play.Must watch.
Will post a link when it becomes available.
And yes a Donkey vote from me.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Link will be available tomorrow as it just aired,i urge all aussies to take a look.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Good to see some more Aussie content here ,I am getting pretty sick of seeing Obamas name every second thread.As for Latham well i think he saw the light so to speak after his political debacles and good on him for speaking out instead of the usual Pollitician mindless drivel that usually flows forth from their cake holes.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I caught a glimpse of it because I've always found Mark Latham to be a rather...interesting...character of sorts. From watching his reporting on 60 Minutes, it's good to see he has mellowed down a bit and is not such a hot-head. His lack of facial expressions when interviewing politicians is kind of disappointing though. But at least he has the guts to ask the tough questions.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I didnt think he did too bad to be honest..

.. Id have liked him to present more idea's maybe...

.. but im very interested to see how many people donkey vote now.

either way we're stuck with one of them for four years...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The problem with Latham is that anything he says will be dismissed and his credibility will come under question,no doubt any pollies he upsets will bring up his past including the Taxi driver punching incident and the climb the ladder campaign.Im am sure abbott will jump at the chance to cut him down.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys guys.
Yes i said to the missus,watch how a massive campaign against Latham starts so they can bring him down,discredit him etc etc.
I like how they said, This election is not about picking a good leader, its about picking the one that will do the least DAMAGE to our country.

Hey GILLARD wheres our school????
12 months ago builders came in,stripped the main building (100yo),put up a temporary portable, it is still there with no new building in sight.
Project Managers falling like leaves from a tree,the newest one didnt even know they had to demolish the old building still on the grounds.

Both Parties libral and labour are not competent enough to run our country,and i feel its going the same way as USA.Put a puppet out front,while the string pullers stay hidden.

Our debt is racking up at 100million a day,still small fries compared to the states,but it seems like we are heading down the same path,all seems very familiar.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This article is related to the story, Yee Haaa, bit of controversy gotta love it.

Latham's lash at leaders airs on Nine

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Seems like you can't get away from the grip of the one direction two party state even in OZ.

But this guy, Mark Latham, seems like a pretty good guy.

New Political Correctness speech to House of Representatives, 26 August 2002

“ I grieve for the rise of the new political correctness — the hypocritical demand of the conservative establishment in this country for civility in political debate. Imagine the hide of these people—the old money interests, the conservative think tanks, the Tory MPs and their fellow travellers in the commercial media. They have spent the last 20 years hopping into the unemployed, Aboriginal communities, newly arrived migrants and anyone else at the bottom of the social ladder, and now they want civility. ... For the establishment, civility is a way of preserving the social pecking order. It helps the ruling class to avoid public scrutiny and accountability. It tells working people to accept their lot in life, without challenging the power and privilege of the Tory elite....

I really agree with him.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
He ran against Howard when head of the Labour party,now he is showing the public the TRICKS OF THE TRADE.

Love him or hate him,this piece was to open the eyes of the Australian sheeple,and its great he has caused a stir,that way it gets attention.

Journalism USED to be like this,in your face questions that you cant wriggle out of,all changed now to pre - approved questions,its also shown how the media is manipulated.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
As promised, here is a link to the story with video and transcript,just released.

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
also on youtube:
Part 1 www.youtube.com...
Part 2www.youtube.com...

well worth a watch, and just goes to show how this whole election has been a farse, from beginning to end

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
also of consideration is reaction that 'The Morning Show' had this morning, not 10mins ago. They completely brushed over the topic, condemning him immediately without discussion of what he had to say. Its bloody ridiculous

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Admittedly, he was telling us, as most who visit this site, what we are already aware of.
But as I said to hubby last night, this needs to be done to show the truth to the sheeples, cause whether or not we like it, a lot of Aussies dont really see the truth of the whole matter when it comes to Politics.
What surprised me was that he called on Pauline Hanson

That was a turn around that I didn't see coming.
When he first went up to the Prime minister and Abbot, he was cut down by a lot of the Media! Shouted at and abused, then later reported on as being an Ass!
All that he was doing, from what hubby and I could see, was baiting the Sharks, telling them, that you can hide but there is no where to run anymore and we are calling you out.... And you could see the shock in their faces, they were scared.
Personally I am not going to Donkey vote, as I think its time that we changed to Greens, give them a chance, they seem to be the only ones that actually want to do something with Australia, that is not detrimental to either its people or it Land....

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks all for your posts.
Me and the missus are going to vote for independents.
Yes we all know how it works,now a major part of the Australian population does too,thats why i find it so interesting,he should be on ATS!!

He pulled some great punches,lets watch the smear campaign strengthen.

new topics

top topics

join