Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Help Needed ,Stealth Jet Over Queensland Australia

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hi ATSers , I need some help .Any information on the following would be greatly apprieciated . Around 11am this morning a good friend called me hystrical asking where am I and to look up to the sky to the North West and NOW !
As I manuvered myself she started describing a huge unusual jet flying at great speed .She said it was massive and she has never seen anything like it .She described it as being transluscent like a plastic bag and with strange wings pointed backwards and it made no sound . She was hystrical , she sounded almost afraid . She was with a group of friends , all the males claimed it was a spyplane .
I gather it was a type of stealth jet , type and class unknown . Sadly I personally didn't catch a glimpse of it . Did any one across Australia see this it could have crossed any of the States .My location is the Gold Coast .
The transluscent part has me beat . Could be any class of stealth technology I know , more interested in if anyone else saw it . We don't have our own here in Australia to public knowledge , so I would like to know what it is upto in our airspace .
I have seen three B 52's here before over the last two years , on all occassions at night and flighing very low , slow ,silently and always at night . Any other wittenesses ? thanks in advance .

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I live in northern Brisbane and I didn't see anything. Do you know if it flew anywhere near there? If so I'll ask people if they saw anything.

Is your friend sure it wasn't just a bird, cloud or an actual plastic bag?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If Brisbane was anything like Canberra today, it was great kite-flying weather...if you wanted to lose your kite. So the plastic bag theory is quite plausible.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
What are you guys smoking up the Gold Coast these days? You trying to get rid of it all before Schoolies?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It could have been Wonder Woman's Jet...

Specifications

It was created to attune itself to its user and its environment. The vessel responds appropriately and can take the form of any vehicle of earth, water and beyond (a submarine or rocket ship). As seen in its stint as WonderDome, it could even turn itself into a flying fortress.

It has the power to be undetectable by radar or the human eye and the ability to shift from its crystal, "transparent mode" to complete invisibility rendering both itself and its occupants truly invisible.

The invisible jet propels itself by harnessing graviton particles. It is in this fashion also that it shields its passengers from the forces of sudden acceleration.

In outer space, the craft can extrude a portion of itself around Wonder Woman. Without taking in additional air supply, it can process one's own exhaled oxygen to allow breathing for 20 minutes. It can sense Wonder Woman's thoughts and will respond to her needs.

Arsenal: The invisible jet can shape projectile weapons out of its own substance but doing so depletes the amount of material in the vessel. When such depletion occurs, the craft can regenerate itself slowly. This function is to be avoided and used only when absolutely necessary as a last resort.

Although Wonder Woman possesses the power of flight, the invisible jet is very useful when she needs to transport a larger group of people or when she needs to use stealth on a mission.

Peace..

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Could have been a B1 bomber ,they are pretty scary looking planes,Fast and lethal or a F111 they are pretty common around Amberly.
www.google.com.ph... =title&resnum=1&ved=0CCIQsAQwAA&biw=1366&bih=641

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a Kite is plausible but who knows, it might be the super secret TR-3B Astra or Big Black Delta.

without pics or anything it's impossible to make a conclusion.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Could have been a B1 bomber ,they are pretty scary looking planes,Fast and lethal or a F111 they are pretty common around Amberly.

The F111's had their last flights and are no longer in use, sadly. Amberley currently has FA18 Hornets on deck with nothing able to ensure our long range capability to deliver and return virtually unscathed.

And I don't think the B1 is operating in Australia, as B52's still run out of the Northern Territory.. well, as far as I am aware so I could be wrong, lol.

Generally...

I'm west of Brisvegas over the mountains and didn't see anything. But I have seen some strange objects over the past few years here.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
To the first 2 posters....does the meaning 'great speed' mean anything to you as the OP mentioned??
A plastic bag, in even the strongest of winds, could never measure to the human eye resonating wqith great speed....Please refrain from scanning peoples threads and anwering if you only have half the info...

Dont cheapin a great site.

Edit toadd: a kite flys eradically, and certainly not at great speed....

[edit on 15/8/2010 by scubagravy]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Do you know when the F111's retired as i saw one a couple of months ago,doing the usual terrain following low level stuff North of Brisvegas and dont they use them for riverfire.The only time i saw a B1 was at Avalon back in the late 90's at the airshow,doing a low pass.If you are West of Bris well its a bit of a hotspot for UFO sightings out Toowoomba way.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
To the first 2 posters....does the meaning 'great speed' mean anything to you as the OP mentioned??
A plastic bag, in even the strongest of winds, could never measure to the human eye resonating wqith great speed....Please refrain from scanning peoples threads and anwering if you only have half the info...

Dont cheapin a great site.

Edit toadd: a kite flys eradically, and certainly not at great speed....

[edit on 15/8/2010 by scubagravy]

Amen!

How easy it is for some detractors to ignore the given observations: "...great speed," " huge shape," And "swept back wings."

True, those characteristics could have been a conventional plane, a low-flying 747, for example, (still, they are arything but silent as this thing reportedly was).

So please don't go throwing a kite up there as an explanation and feel smug about it. It does not fit any better than an outright declaration that it was a real UFO.

We flat don't know what it was. The observer's near hysteria is very interesting, however, and does kick up the strangeness factor a few notches.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
reply to post by Tayesin

Do you know when the F111's retired as i saw one a couple of months ago,doing the usual terrain following low level stuff North of Brisvegas and dont they use them for riverfire.The only time i saw a B1 was at Avalon back in the late 90's at the airshow,doing a low pass.If you are West of Bris well its a bit of a hotspot for UFO sightings out Toowoomba way.

The F111's were only just retired last week. That means from operational service. There is a chance they may be taken for a 'last hoorah' by some of the high ranking pilots, but at the very least, they will be flown somewhere for their retirement. NSW could probably expect to see one or 2 heading down to the War Memorial in Canberra over the coming months.

As for B52's. I was based in Darwin. They were never stationed there, just dropped in for visits. They were not based at Tindal to the south either. No idea about QLD. Someone in the US may correct me here, but if a B52 flies over you at low altitude, you will know about it. If you somehow dont hear it, you will see it at almost any altitude, they have a very distinctive smoke trail from those huge engines.

FYI. If you want to see one up close (B52), the aviation museum in Darwin has one you can climb into the bomb bay & also go up some stairs to see into the cockpit.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up on the timing of retiring the F-111's.

We had one fly over a few months back, nothing special just a circle before heading back to Amberley.

I used to live a few hundred k's north in the bush and saw some awesome displays of low level manouvres with F-111's and FA-18's. At times you could only hear them coming from somewhere until they "broke out" of a valley and scared the plops out of me.

Dad was stationed at Amberley when the F-111's arrived, so at 9 or 10 I got to go out and be there for the landing.. I fell in love with them.. even more than our Phantoms.

Oops, the old guy is waffling better stop now

edit to fix spelling and add...

I don't remember the name of the U.S. base in the northern territory that B52's flew like clockwork from. Don't much like getting old

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Im south Brisbane and i was snoozing until 12:20pm.

It wasn't in my dreams either.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I was in the Army but I was genuinely sad to hear of their retirement, Id worked with them a few times, had one take off at night with afterburners while I was literally on the end of the runway. WOW, what a machine.

Not sure when your talking about with the B52's being stationed in the NT, I never heard about it & I was there 20yrs ago, & know people born & raised there who never knew about it. Maybe Vietnam times.

If it was anywhere it would have probably been Tindal, near Katherine. The civilians in Darwin complain too much about the noise at THEIR airport. If they checked their facts they'd notice its actually an RAAF runway, on RAAF land, that the RAAF are kind enough to let civilian aircraft use.

new topics

top topics

join