It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have the Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
so you're saying that everyone is entitled to be a racist?
so wait wait,a racist is the same as me(not-racist) just because we both are expressing our opinion? so a racist group as the KKK should be looked with the same eyes as an anti-racism movement group? wow

Of course.

It's up to the individual to form an opinion on the said group.

Personally, I hate groups like the KKK ( yes, I proudly hate the haters ), but I won't exactly force my hatred on to other people.

It's up to other people to make up their own minds.

This patronising, politically correct attitude of censoring speech has got to stop.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'm always skeptical of people who claim not to be racist. I know for a fact, I am racist. I'm not a skinhead, or a neo nazi, or anyone you'd find at a white power rally. But with that said, if I'm walking down a dark street and see a young black guy in the distance, I am going to be very very careful.

This type of person is much more likely to assault me than an average white guy. So if making a judgment call based on facts is racist, then I'd rather be racist than harmed.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by dietsamcola]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
let me know how that works out for you.
you have the right to be uneducated ,mean ,small ,
and a useless sack of dung. like i say-
let me know how that works out for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Excellent post.

I really can't think of much to add...but I'll try.

You cannot legislate somebody into "liking you" and being nice to you. Get over it.

"Hate Crimes" are essentially punishment for your thoughts. That is a VERY SCARY road to go down. Adding to somebody's sentencing for what was going on in their mind when they committed a crime is absolutely unacceptable. That is even far worse than punishment for speech that somebody doesn't like. Furthermore, it diminishes the severity of identical cases where a "hate crime" wasn't a factor.

I firmly believe all of the political correctness and coercion to "accept" somebody or something has created a generation of sissies, cry-babies, incompetents and malcontents. The way we have feminized boys in school is apparent. My wife and I have a friend who is much younger than us. She's sort of like our 2nd daughter. She's 25 years old and can't keep a boyfriend because they're all so thin-skinned and "sensitive" it makes her sick. One sour word out of her mouth about their behavior and it sends them off on a hissy fit.

Americans are slowly being sissi-fied by the public (aka government) school system. Can't use red ink to correct a test because it "hurts feelings", can't keep score in a soccer game because it "sends the wrong message", and on and on and on. Then when they graduate and hit the real world, they look at you like you have a third eye in the middle of your forehead if you say anything disparaging or negative to them. Grow up kiddies, this is the real world and I don't owe you jack. You want my respect, earn it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Actually now I think about it...instead of letting people choose to be racist, bigoted and hateful..how about we educate them?

I sort of wish people would stop using the words racist, bigoted and hateful interchangeably because all it means is "people that believe what I don't like" which could be anything. A guy supporting NAMBLA is going to think the majority of humans on the planet are bigoted and hateful. It depends on where you stand which is why any hate-crime law is a slippery road as it leads us down the path of pre-crime. "You expressed hate for the Republican party - obviously you intend to become a terrorist". Hello Minority Report.

Racism
Homophobic
Sexist

Some of the diseases that infect many poor individuals. They need to be educated and not be so tolerant of the idea of hating someone for their color, sexual orientation or sex is ok...because it's not and there's no room for such disgusting behavior in our society.

It's 2010. Time to grow up.

What does the year have to do with sodomy being "accepted"? Perhaps by 2020 murder will be the new accepted sin? And "homophobe" is a stupid term. Im not in the least bit afraid of homos. I just don't agree with their moral relativism. I certainly don't thing one is going to walk up behind me a slip me a mickey. I'm not "afraid" of dog 5h1t but that doesn't mean it doesn't disgust me. Lets be clear.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dietsamcola
But with that said, if I'm walking down a dark street and see a young black guy in the distance, I am going to be very very careful. This type of person is much more likely to assault me than an average white guy. So if making a judgment call based on facts is racist, then I'd rather be racist than harmed.
[edit on 15-8-2010 by dietsamcola]

I don't think that is racist. Racism is believing that others are genetically inferior because they are of a different race (which actually is a way of de-humanizing them).

What most people are is what you just described - profilers based on statistics and stories which ends up being more classism than racism because if people in purple shirts were found to commit most crimes then we'd be leery of people in purple shirts. I don't think the majority of "racism" has anything to do with skin color, DNA, or eugenics as it has to do with social status and economics.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In an effort to side step the more visceral reaction to the topic and appeal to the more practical and scientific aspects of ATS:

"Racism is bad for your health"

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

As far as education goes the solution was simple (since they've already started) .. Education is to be at the lowest common denominator. Then those intelligent kids will receive the same education as the dumb kids.. doesn't make them "stupid" exactly, but if their base of understanding is limited to such meager potential it would appear as such.

Anyways, good thread OP. I am reminded of some famous radio talk show host who said the "n word" 3 times during a radio show declaring that if one group can't say it no one should. She had to apologize and be called a racist, even if she never actually called anyone anything, just uttered the word. I of course cannot even spell out the word for fear of being warned by admins and admonished by fellow ATSers for being such a racist.

Truly our country is screwed up.. or rather, the entirety of the West.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I went a little differently with my thread.

I wish I would have seen yours before I posted mine, I could just have posted a comment. Went a different way though.

Political Correctness and the let's all be friends conspiracy.

A snippet.

To summarize, I care about me and mine, if you do not like that. Piss off! Politically incorrect enough for you?!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder where I fall into such categories as listed by the OP?

Isn't bigotry/racism/etc. basically just a display of intolerence against people of a certain class or category? If so, then how do I fit in if I hate everybody equally, including myself?

Does that make me bigoted? Or am I just being hypocritical?

Then again, I think there's already a category for me that the OP didn't mention: Sociopathic. Let's think about that for a second...With all of the abundence & diversity of life on this planet, human beings is the ONLY species that works so hard at upsetting the natural balance of life. We pollute the land, air & water that all lifeforms depend upon to continue living & then conduct genocide to take control of dwindling resources; We prey upon all species, including ourselves, for ideals (like greed & power-lust) that have nothing to do with survival; Even those people who don't actually take direct action against the world & all life upon our Earth seems to directly or indirectly lend aid & support to those who do. The list goes on & on, but these three are the biggest mistakes.

So really, does this mean I'm sociopathic? Is it really so hard for someone (like me) to hate the whole human race (including myself) for these reasons (& similar other reasons), or is that really what sociopaths are really about? So would that really make someone a sociopath? If this is what sociopathy is really like, then is it really insanity?

Does merely having the ability to question one's own sanity represent the confirmation of one's own sanity?

The Shadow asks, "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?" I ask, "Does it really take a college degree in Psychology to figure it out?"

[edit on 15-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I understand and agree with the point of this topic. However I personally feel that there is a distinction (at least for myself) between disliking/disagreeing with/having disdain for something, and hating it. I'm not saying someone doesn't have the right to hate (as saddening as that is to me.) I'm just saying that claiming one hates no one doesn't necessarily render one a liar as stated in the initial post.

I hate no one. Am I a liar?

[edit on 8/15/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Excellent topic. S&F.

Well thought-out, very true.

All humans are subject to natural prejudices. It's how we act upon them that determines everything. One can have a prejudice and be tolerant at the same time, I don't find the two to be mutually exclusive.

Those that actually claim to have "no" prejudices have always struck me as phony.

Nice work calling them out.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Racism is stupid. We are all the same.

Classism is where its at. The rich are mindraping, steralizing and killing all of us all the time and most of us are too dumbed down and fat to do anything but lay down and die. You need to get militant about defeating the rich before they kill us all.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Racism is stupid. We are all the same.

Classism is where its at. The rich are mindraping, steralizing and killing all of us all the time and most of us are too dumbed down and fat to do anything but lay down and die. You need to get militant about defeating the rich before they kill us all.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I guess that this is a better time than ever to disclose my hate...

Since I belong to the Church that accepts the Tooth Fairy as my Lord and Savior, I must admit that I secretly hate all other non-Tooth-Fairians of the world.

But as long as I pray every evening to my Tooth Fairy God-man for forgiveness, I can wake up to hate another day, everyday!!

Thats the reward I receive on behalf of the sacrifice made by my Fairy God when he was a man on the earth!! I can do anything but still go to Fairy heaven!!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I agree, I do have the right to be racist, however, I also have the intelligence to discriminate based on the content of character and not the color of skin, which I find to be much more amusing to do, since it requires a bit more brain power then simply spouting racial remarks. But bravo for the OP of this thread, we ought to realize that we have rights for a reason, and they can't be taken away just because someone cries and complains.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Is this a response to my last thread by any chance? It would appear so judging by your reply on page 4

If it is, you really did miss the point of it

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Is this a response to my last thread by any chance? It would appear so judging by your reply on page 4

If it is, you really did miss the point of it

Weatherman,
You've got outdone.

This thread takes you to places that you would have strictly prohibited, if you had your way !

Clock on !

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Racists aren't welcome in the 21st century.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Racists aren't welcome in the 21st century.

In what century were they welcome ? And why ?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join