It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have the Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Actually now I think about it...instead of letting people choose to be racist, bigoted and hateful..how about we educate them? After all, they're all diseases.

I guess this thread is about tolerating Hate.

Nice work, lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Actually now I think about it...instead of letting people choose to be racist, bigoted and hateful..how about we educate them?

I sort of wish people would stop using the words racist, bigoted and hateful interchangeably because all it means is "people that believe what I don't like" which could be anything. A guy supporting NAMBLA is going to think the majority of humans on the planet are bigoted and hateful. It depends on where you stand which is why any hate-crime law is a slippery road as it leads us down the path of pre-crime. "You expressed hate for the Republican party - obviously you intend to become a terrorist". Hello Minority Report.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
reply to post by muzzleflash

"And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil"

You have a Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful. You do. Every human being has a right to their opinion. You have a right to speak your opinion.

Of course you do. But....The problem with all of those opinions are that they all reflect only negativity and evil.

We are all faced with choices in our lives between Good and Evil.

There is nothing Good that comes from Evil.

Remember what the Lords Prayer says , and for a very good reason:

"And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil"

Negativity and evil are things we could all do with a lot less of in the world.

As well as here at ATS.

Good and Evil are relative to he who is defining them. You cannot bring good and evil into a OBJECTIVE conversation or context such as freedom of speech without trying to "censor" or "convert" peoples words and beliefs.

You can attempt to convert someone using your own power of free speach but you cannot use your freedom to limit someone elses freedom based on YOUR personal belief system influencing YOUR interpretation of what THEY are saying. Basicly if you have a problem with what someone is saying...well thats just it. YOUR PROBLEM!

For lack of a better analogy, I'm sure in Hitler's interpretation his view's beliefs were GOOD not evil and thus were his intentions which is what the road to hell is paved with.

Hitler had the right to believe and say what he did as unpopular as it is now in hindsite. What he didnt have the right to do was ACT on those beliefs by taking others rights away...like the right to live.

Your right to extend your arm ends where my face begins.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Actually now I think about it...instead of letting people choose to be racist, bigoted and hateful..how about we educate them?

I sort of wish people would stop using the words racist, bigoted and hateful interchangeably because all it means is "people that believe what I don't like" which could be anything. A guy supporting NAMBLA is going to think the majority of humans on the planet are bigoted and hateful. It depends on where you stand which is why any hate-crime law is a slippery road as it leads us down the path of pre-crime. "You expressed hate for the Republican party - obviously you intend to become a terrorist". Hello Minority Report.

Racism
Homophobic
Sexist

Some of the diseases that infect many poor individuals. They need to be educated and not be so tolerant of the idea of hating someone for their color, sexual orientation or sex is ok...because it's not and there's no room for such disgusting behavior in our society.

It's 2010. Time to grow up.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
I am a colorist as I much prefer the color purple over the color green, and my favorite color is burgundy.

I am a food bigot as I can't stand neither the taste nor smell of tuna. I love Mexican food, particularly green chile enchiladas, (especially if that green chile comes from Hatch New Mexico), I love pizza and cheeseburgers, and prime rib, but do not like the smell and taste of a lot of Japanese and Korean foods.

I am an actor bigot as I like some actors, and can't stand others.

I am a literature bigot as I like some literature and can't stand others.

I am a political bigot as I like certain politics and can't stand other politics.

I am most certainly a hypocrite because I can't stand poverty but am poor. I want to be wealthy and flourish and prosper and see no nobility in poverty.

I am a die hard capitalist who was turned on to the virtues of capitalism after reading Das Kapital by Karl Marx when I was younger and a die hard believer in communism. Marx convinced me that communism would never work, and that capitalism was the better system.

I tolerate what I can, and what I can't tolerate or believe should not be tolerated, I refuse to tolerate.

I am uniquely me and feel no need to imitate another soul, and am grateful that in spite of my non-conformity I have been honored with friends, including the O.P. of whom I thank heartily for allowing me to confess my bigotry and hypocrisy here in this thread.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

Wow, I respect this post to a point and I'll tell you why. You present us with a false dichotomy. Capitalism or Communism. I see this all the time. You sound like Glen Beck to be honest.

There seems to be this collective argument that either your a capitalist, or a communist. If you're neither then you're an anarchist. Well I hate to say it but if you keep the variety this limited any system is doom to failure.

For one, capitalism has single handedly corrupted the entire spectrum of ethics and foreign and national policies. To say it is a better system than communism only caters to the fundamentals of the wealth of that nation, or the inherent power that comes with. Communism on the other hand has shown successful defiance against capitalism, which has caused all devout followers of capitalism to believe the atrocious concept that communism somehow is to blame for the evils of the world. This couldn't be further from the truth, and I emplore you too look outside of your narrow-minded perspective. For you only offer your self two options, both of which are defunct in my opinion and the world would be better off switching to a new unseen system. For example, (but not advocating entirely) The Venus Project or social unions such as State of Planet Motherlandthat have risen on the web that seek to rid the world of these narrow-minded perspectives and bolster a new wave of hope for people tired of the same old ping-pong between capitalism and communism (or for lack thereof, anarchy) .

Your right to choose is a birth-right, but also don't sell yourself short.

There is a lot out there, but to be party of the simple systems of the past is ignorant my friend. You sound smart though, maybe you should consider what I've said.

On the matter of bigotry, people should be allowed to like or dislike what they want no matter what the context may be. However, they must also keep in mind there are people out there who might know better and put them in their place.

If you don't like black people, and you don't have a good reason, you will look foolish. And I assume, there is no good reason out there to hate black people, so in every case it is always foolish. But this cannot be applied to everything, it should never be party to sweeping generalization but we should always be allowed to speak our mind. PC can suck it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again, I don't for one minute think many of the ATSers are bigots or racist,

But many have concerns, that they are afraid to address, because when these concerns are addressed the race baiters shout them down.

We need an open dialog about race relations and religion,(other then Christianity, thats been done to death),

or ban the topics all together, one or the other, we should be able to voice our opinions without being ostracized.

Some of you better wake up and smell the coffee, you can't possibly be this naive.

Some are either naive or just trying to suppress the truth and the facts that are presented.

If I say something about Islam, the typical response, but the Christians did it, how is that kind of reply any kind of justification?

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
you are incorrect, with we have a right to be hateful...to only those who desevre it.

I cannot hate my enemy anymore than i can hate a friend, if something happened and i was fighting for my life i would win but not with hate.

We are all the same to hate someone else because how they look, is so unintellgent there isnt even a defination for such arrogance.

Always help your neighbour, forgive your enemies, and two wrongs dont make a right.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Racism
Homophobic
Sexist

Some of the diseases that infect many poor individuals. They need to be educated and not be so tolerant of the idea of hating someone for their color, sexual orientation or sex is ok...because it's not and there's no room for such disgusting behavior in our society.

It's 2010. Time to grow up.

SeventhSeal,

Where do you get your values from ?

What is the normal disposition of a human being ?

Why do you class a clash of opinions as a ''disease'' ?

We both know that mental diseases such as these don't really exist, so why the charade on your part ?

There's apparently plenty of room for this ''behaviour'', whether you like it or not.

What has the year got to do with anything at all ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Many people think to solve bigotry is uniformity, or watching what you say.

I've always known if you don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say it, because them are fighting words.

If someone can counter your hate towards something, then they have a valid reason to call you stupid.

Unfortunately, just because people think people not liking a certain thing is wrong or right does not justify a lawful cause to put restrictions on people's rights or opinions. If you don't like what someone has to say, then deal with and figure out how to convince them they're wrong, because if you can't then you're probably wrong and unable to accept defeat.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Racism
Homophobic
Sexist

You know what, you are preaching to the choir, those three exact examples fit another religious sect to a tee, that very sect people like you defend,

What is wrong with this picture?

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I learned something new today. Not

Second line ::yawn::

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

Was there any point to this? Good RPing skillz.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This was a duplicate post.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by signoregregorio]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by signoregregorio

I am all for religious freedom, but when a religion starts to infringe or seeks to infringe on other human's rights, I will not defend it,

specifically the rights of the women it so suppresses, or the religious freedoms of others,

Apparently we humans have short memories, and have not learned from the past.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

That kinda attitude is exactly why we are facing enormous problems on this planet.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Congrats, this is the first thread I've starred and flagged!

Yeah, everyone has the right to be a bigot, an idiot, an asshole, whatever they want, but the important thing to remember is that with rights come responsibilities. Remember, just because something isn't illegal, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! It might not be illegal to have sex with your neighbor's spouse or partner, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea for you to do so!

Also, remember that we only have the right to speak our minds freely. We do not have the right to be heard, although there are venues created for that intention (ex. the Internet, Speakers' Corners, etc.) You can speak freely on public property, but nobody is obliged to listen to or acknowledge your pronouncements.

That said, I agree wholeheartedly with the premise of this thread. People who want to ban non-violent speech acts they disagree with are inviting their own destruction.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by signoregregorio

I am all for religious freedom, but when a religion starts to infringe or seeks to infringe on other human's rights, I will not defend it,

specifically the rights of the women it so suppresses, or the religious freedoms of others,

Apparently we humans have short memories, and have not learned from the past.

Religion is more ignorant than any other body of thought that walks the Earth at this present time. Simply because they reject any argument that is counter to their beliefs. They are not open to negotiate and if they do they're not really true followers, and soon they see the errors of their religions and leave or continue to be hypocrites and self loathe their selves. Freedom of religion is fine, as long as you do not in turn enforce your religion on anyone else (as you already stated) then fine be an idiot, but when someone proves you wrong and you continue to argue with them then leave the room. You can't win an argument with an idiot because they will bring you down to their level. You can't win an argument with a religious zealot because they rely on faith, and not common sense or facts. You cannot argue with someone who has no substance.

It is neither here nor there, so even though those outside of religion see the depravity of worshiping a fantasy ideal, those that are in any said religion in turn see that they cannot be proven wrong because what they believe in is intangible and therefor cannot be challenged. That is the trappings of religions, and it is the cause of fundamentalism and destruction in our world.

Only sane rational people are able to argue and understand one another, radical believers who have faith in things without substance have no chance in participating in sound reasoning. There is no hope for them except for their prophetic afterlife scenarios.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Let folks be racist, homophobic, sexist, and just live lives as Bigots. If they want to be scum, let them. Makes me feel like a saint when I'm next to a Republican....I mean, Racist or Homophobe

LOL.

The bigoted bigot hater.

What better way to prove the OP's point ?

Muzzleflash must have seen you comin' a long way off...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I tolerate what I can, and what I can't tolerate or believe should not be tolerated, I refuse to tolerate.

Great truism and great post Jean Paul, I have trying to learn tolerance all my life, problem is it isn't working.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
so you're saying that everyone is entitled to be a racist?
so wait wait,a racist is the same as me(not-racist) just because we both are expressing our opinion? so a racist group as the KKK should be looked with the same eyes as an anti-racism movement group? wow

Of course.

It's up to the individual to form an opinion on the said group.

Personally, I hate groups like the KKK ( yes, I proudly hate the haters ), but I won't exactly force my hatred on to other people.

It's up to other people to make up their own minds.

This patronising, politically correct attitude of censoring speech has got to stop.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join