It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have the Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I agree everyone has the right to voice their opinion even if it is bigoted. Someone presented the point that the ATS rules restrict your freedom of speech because they do not allow hate talk.

That is true.

And another thing to consider is that anycompany can get rid of your rights if you are on their property. You cannot speak freely on corporate property. You cannot carry a gun onto corporate property. You can't take pictures on corporate property. etc etc ... I envision a corporate America where all your rights will be dissolved because every inch of the terrain is corporate owned.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What if your bigotry and hatred results in violence?

There are things that really needed to be watched.

The perpetual war in the Middle East is the result of this hatred and intolerance in their belief system.

Judaism, Moslem and Christian people fighting against each other is OK to you? The violence spills over to the neighbors and the entire world also, now threatening to become the world war three if anyone strikes Iran.

There is certain fundamental madness in human society that needs to be corrected. It is not that simple to say tongue in chick, I'm a racist so every body else can be a racists or people can hate each other, etc.

If we can let our pure rational mind to decide our future, it will be ok.

It may be time to irradiate the organized religions which are the sources of all the evil propaganda and the violence.

The churches, synagogues and the mosques, constantly brainwashes them to ACT more or less in the direction of the violence against outsiders of their own religious circle.

According to Churchill, the disclosure of UFOs to the people can result in the loss of faith in Christians and the whole civilization could be in jeapardy and so he decided not to release the event to the public for the next 50 years from his time.

There are many truth in the world that can change our belief system. The bigotry and the ignorance prevents the truth from being told to the public.

Hiding the truth is the act of violence. People should be punished for hiding the truth whatever the truth it may be.

It will solve the problem of all kinds of bigotry, hatred and racism etc etc.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

b]A) People that want laws to make Racism, Bigotry, and Hate to become Illegal and punishable.

1) Are attempting to destroy our freedom of speech and opinion.
2) Should realize their own opinions are up for banning under such absurd laws.
3) Need to grow thicker skin
4) Should utilize their RIGHT TO IGNORE others.

I completely agree with everything you are saying,,,however,,, some things are for the benefit of the species vs the individual.what kind of world would we be in if these things(above caption) were legal?
we would still have slaves,no womens rights,etc,etc,,,,,
fredom of speach is one thing,but legal bigotry,racism and hate is counterproductive for sentient beings,,,,,
we all have these feelings from time to time,,,but we are human,subject to rationalization,not animals,,,subject to impulse,,,,,,,,s&f

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-8-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Excellent post muzzleflash S&F.

Great to see it all laid out like that.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I agree with this whole heartedly!!!

Society has a-lot of double-think ideology and its fustrating. Believing in the premise of free-speech then in the same second trying to incriminate people for the words that come out of their mouth if they are not positive kind words.

I agree that what you say should have no LEGAL consiquences, only SOCIAL consiquences. If you say you hate blue people, as quickly as you spit that out you need to be able to take in the criticism of your words/beliefs. Which socialy could mean your not getting invited "Blue-man group" shows lol but your not being detained and questioned for possible terrorist acts against "blue people".

Society hasn't come as far as it thinks it has. It's just made a huggge over correction in the other direction. Were no closer to the middle of the road than we were in the 50's

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You said it brother!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread muzzleflash. I agree 100%. The "intolerance for intolerance" gang is nothing more than thought police looking to bring everyone in to one mindset and showing intolerance for anyone that opposes their view of the world. Culturally wrong ideas and statements are usually identified as such - we don't need thought police to enforce it.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Bravo OP

Too many politically correct censor fascists trying to silence us for our opinion, whilst masquerading under the guise of being 'respectful'.

Sod them. I personally think it's more mature to have opinions as opposed to pretending to love everyone equally, which is quite frankly rubbish.

For instance, i'm not afraid to laugh at Islam and Allah, as much as i'm quite happy to ridicule certain groups of Americans or do-goody lefties of paranoid righties.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere
I completely agree with everything you are saying,,,however,,, some things are for the benefit of the species vs the individual.what kind of world would we be in if these things(above caption) were legal?
we would still have slaves,no womens rights,etc,etc,,,,,
fredom of speach is one thing,but legal bigotry,racism and hate is counterproductive for sentient beings,,,,,
we all have these feelings from time to time,,,but we are human,subject to rationalization,not animals,,,subject to impulse,,,,,,,,s&f

Hate isn't physical. Hate is a HUMAN EMOTION. To outlaw human emotion would be the vilest action any government could take against its people. Bigotry and racism are beliefs based on a person's own experience. Is it wrong to be 'bigoted' toward NAMBLA or beastiality? You need to look to cultural norms to understand what is acceptable and not laws.

Just because the history books say slavery is wrong doesn't make it so. You should treat all people with decency and as if they were your brother but slavery is basically indebtedness and employment for shelter and food.
Is it better for people to be living in the streets homeless and without food rather than working for someone else for both? It would be illegal to have that arrangement in the US but 100% advantageous to the millions of people effected by the economic downturn.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
But if you let a real asshole be an asshole isn't that like respect violence? Tolerance for the intolerants? I am not sure.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil"

You have a Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful. You do. Every human being has a right to their opinion. You have a right to speak your opinion.

Of course you do. But....The problem with all of those opinions are that they all reflect only negativity and evil.

We are all faced with choices in our lives between Good and Evil.

There is nothing Good that comes from Evil.

Remember what the Lords Prayer says , and for a very good reason:

"And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil"

Negativity and evil are things we could all do with a lot less of in the world.

As well as here at ATS.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Great post sir!

Couldn't agree more....and BTW, this is summed up nicely in Romans 2:1;

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

bible.cc...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

Oh, but hang on ---

Didn't Christ tell the jews to their faces that Satan was their father ?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Bravo OP

Too many politically correct censor fascists trying to silence us for our opinion, whilst masquerading under the guise of being 'respectful'.

Sod them. I personally think it's more mature to have opinions as opposed to pretending to love everyone equally, which is quite frankly rubbish.

For instance, i'm not afraid to laugh at Islam and Allah, as much as i'm quite happy to ridicule certain groups of Americans or do-goody lefties of paranoid righties.

Yours is my nomination for Post of the Week

Ps: I'm quite happy to laugh at myself, too. I'm not sure if should I ignore or report myself when I do

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Why thankyou.

I think you should do both, report AND ignore yourself - just to make sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
Negativity and evil are things we could all do with a lot less of in the world.

You are quoting the Bible but I think you are missing the point. Define evil. I bet under most definitions that God, himself, would be identified as bigoted, hateful, and considered evil - as hundreds of anti-God threads on ATS will attest to. Evil from my perspective is whatever God calls evil and that makes me intolerant by some people's standards.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

1,,,you cant outlaw emotions,,,its the extension of those emotions, when they effect society that should be outlawed,,,,,
2,,,slavery and indentured servants are two seperate things,,,,1 has rights the other has none,,,slaves are property,,,subjugated AGAINST your will!
3,,,once again,,,the perpetuation of an INTELLIGENT species,,,IMHA SHOULD NOT give in to individual idioms vs what would be good for society on a whole
4,,,idologies such as yours and muzzleflashs and a few other"members" seems to be parallel with TPTB,,,,my way or the highway
5,,,feel how you want to feel,,,act as a concious entity

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Dock9

Why thankyou.

I think you should do both, report AND ignore yourself - just to make sure.

Yeah --- and call myself names when I'm not looking

Doin' it now

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I love this, well said!

Its worth remembering in these sorts of debates that it is through controversy we learn. we understand and we envolve. Our civilisation has never progressed through compromise or by tip toeing around one another, we use confrontation to develop and although I agree there must be a limit to this confrontation, a point where we say enough is enough we must never deny the positive aspects of what is our nature and the true potential it has in our development. This is why our freedoms our so important, it has nothing to do with individual rights, we are talking about global evolution. Our civilisation has spent hundreds of years denying itself of development through control, we refer to them as the dark ages, tell me what is the difference?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join