It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have the Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That's funny.

The Nazi's believed that their hate was an antibiotic to a disease. And they were getting rid of the "negative" people in society (the disease) for their own German "self-preservation".

Well it is true that Nordic genes are recessive.

According to what you just said, the Nazi's hate was acceptable because it was an anti-biotic for self-preservation.

Nazi Guilt is probably one of the main memes,
that stands in the way of Nordics securing self.

As well as the Arrogance that you deserve everything that happens to you.
When in fact you are a self-guiding creator with your own experience,
and can interact with other entities, which be self-guided creators.

So please shed your guilt, forgive yourself,
it wasn't you, and Hitler wasn't Nordic.

Clearly the best way of securing a genome,
is to create a hive or tribe producing it.
Intentional communities are democratic.

Secure your safety!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by lowki]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is true, but all this is LEARNED behavior we are not born with anything but the basic instincts so let us not teach our children these behaviors so we can advance as a civilization and break TPTB shackles off of us.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by spmc215]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I did address this already. It's different because I don't need to stir myself into an emotional frenzy toward the organisms. I may be upset that I'm sick. It could be something I did that made me weak and vulnerable for the moment, but is not in fact due to an hereditary inferiority. Getting angry and hateful at the organisms could very well prolong my illness.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lowki
Nazi Guilt is probably one of the main memes,
that stands in the way of Nordics securing self.

Oh, bloody...you know that too? You seem to use different words than I, but...

Hmmm...guilt can be contageous in the network, infecting even the benign nodes.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
I never suggested anyone hate anyone.

Neither did I anywhere in this thread. But you assumed I did, to an extent.

--No, Muzzleflash, my quote about "I never suggested anyone hate anyone" was in response to another poster, with the female pic, who said that I said to redirect peoples' hate toward the rich. It to her that I was saying that one. -GhostLancer

In response to that, you went on about points that were easily debunked by mere historical anecdotes.

Muzzle, that's just not the case. People mess up. It doesn't mean that America hasn't used its diversity to grow into a superpower.

Just because I defend people's right to hate, doesn't mean I am promoting it. Thats a major misunderstanding many detractors have had.

I don't think I ever said you were promoting hate. I am promoting that people be good/kind/fair to each other. Not merely "tolerate" others, but accept them. Sure, people are FREE to hate, but really, why waste all that energy on a negative? I'm not trying to force my views on people, but why should anyone be forced to be a good, kind, fair person?

When you are defending a person's Right To Hate, isn't that sort of promoting it, like saying "It's okay to hate."? Okay, well, sure, it's a person's free will to have the ability to decide that they want to be a hateful bigot. However, that doesn't make it right. I think that most of the people on this planet have an internal sensibility called their conscience that tells them what is right and what is wrong. And sure, it's subjective for me to say this, but I get the feeling that there are far fewer "haters" in the world than good people.

It's just that the "haters" do more damage and get more main stream press. I mean, when's the last time you saw a story on the news about people of different classes and races getting together to help the unfortunate. That's not "sexy" news like a racial riot. "Sexy" news is news that equates to higher ratings which mean more profit.

I think, I believe, that most of the people on this world are good people who only want a good, fair, just world in which to exist. I think that good people accepting haters as being normal lets the disease of hatred spread like jungle rot. I also imagine that people who hate on a daily basis can't be that happy, and that if they claim to be, then they are lying to themselves. Just my opionions; not trying to force anyone to my personal beliefs.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Stunning thread. There is a chasm of different between thought and speech, and action. Physically harming someone for their beliefs or the colour of their skin is ALWAYS wrong. However, making an opinion known, verbally is not a crime of fascism until given force by some kind of action which harms the other person. STICKS AND STONES!

Let me give an example: I have several very "left-wing" friends (and a few "right-wing" ones as it goes). This "lefty" friend of mine is outspokenly anti-racist... "fair enough" I hear you say! Yes, it is, although she takes her anti-racism so far that she will not even let anyone express anti-immigration views of any sort, even if said anti-immigration views have nothing to do with race whatsoever (as they usually don't). She thinks all anti-immigration proponents are scum bags...

...and yet, she's having an affair with a man who is in a long-term relationship. Now, who's doing the real harm? The peaceful racist who airs his/her views verbally, or the anti-racist who is knowingly jeopardising an established relationship?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
I am promoting that people be good/kind/fair to each other. Not merely "tolerate" others, but accept them.

Awesome, that is exactly the point of this thread essentially. To accept them. And to counter them skillfully by promoting good qualities, rather than attempting to use laws or force to shut them up. Instead of getting rid of our opponents, we can convert them with solid discourse and debate.

Doesn't always work out so nice but it's worth the effort imo.

I am glad we came to an agreement about that part at least.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

...and yet, she's having an affair with a man who is in a long-term relationship. Now, who's doing the real harm? The peaceful racist who airs his/her views verbally, or the anti-racist who is knowingly jeopardising an established relationship?

I personally would rather my wife talk crap on me all day every day, than to cheat on me.

Words don't bother me usually, but actions do bother me greatly.

Excellent post Cythraul.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Words don't bother me usually, but actions do bother me greatly.

Thank you! Precisely. We've been taught precisely what we should and shouldn't be repulsed by, rather than having the enlightenment and fortitude to decide for ourselves what words or actions are truly repulsive. Racism is wrong, yes, but to me a mere racist sentiment - with no intention of harm included - is no worse, or is less abhorrent than consistent promiscuous sex, coc aine-abuse, adultery, animal cruelty or even working in an industry or role detrimental to human happiness or the environment. But because we've been conditioned to find these things acceptable we never ask ourselves whether we really want to accept this as part of our human existence.

And I'm with ya on the cheating thing

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The peaceful racist who airs his/her views verbally

I have serious doubts there's any such thing as a racist that won't act according to those beliefs if availed of the opportunity. It needn't be violent. It can be stealthy. It could be rationalizable thing like turning someone down for a job that is otherwise qualified, or a home loan.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
How come all threads ALWAYS end up over race and religion?

We could be talking about the difference between a tangerine and an orange and some mofo somewhere will somehow turn it into a stupid debate over race and religion as if we haven't heard it all before.

Race, the human race, regardless of colour, faith or origin ONE RACE, ONE PLANET, A dog of a different size shape or colour is still a dog, the same can be said for a cat and practically every other species on this little marble world of ours so why do we consider people any different?

Religion on the other hand is a different matter and I accept that religion divides but it shouldn't because religion isn't manifested through faith or belief but peddled by men and distorted by lies. No true believer of any religion follows anything other than their own faith in what they believe is good or bad, right or wrong and if they do they aren't believers at all, they are followers. They are so far away from true faith they are merely echos of morality fading in the distance but they shouldnt be judged and ridiculed, they should be pitied.

Now keeping inline with this topic and bringing it back on track I will say that this is my opinion and your all entitled to challenge it BUT if your going to come back with some religious mojo quoting passages of damnation from some book or another may I say this.

If God truly put us on this planet and granted us with the intelligence and freedoms that we possess allowing us to choose our own path, why would he leave a book(s) telling us exactly what to do and when to do it, what to think and when to think it? Maybe the true test in life isnt how well you can follow but how well you can lead?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You have the right to be racist, a bigot etc.
I do not.
I have taken a different direction in my life, similar to a Buddhist vow.
I am not superior to anyone because of that. I simply enjoy life more when I am trying to better myself. Naturally, I cannot always fulfil my high standards. That's one reason to keep them though.

I do confess I am intolerant of TV watchers, or people spouting mindless neo-liberal ideologies. In general, I do not value people who value violence, and do no want to work (or hunt or grow) for their living in some way. I also do not like people with very dirty habits, or those neglecting or torturing animals.
Whether these folks come from a minority background (in Hungary, it would be Gypsies) or not.
Yet these people also have a heart and a karma.
(Lucky that I do not have to fill in for God...)

A famous Hungarian poet of dire working-class circumstances (Attila József) once said: There is nothing worse than an honest person - if he is stupid.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Because i'm not and i know theres a lot of people who aren't.

So are you claiming to be the 100% positive human being?

The Jesus Christ or whatever you want to call it? The Messiah?

I have strong doubts to your claims.

See points D and E from the Op.

I never said I was perfect or sin free. Obviously I am human and I did say I recognise negative things. I understand the op completely but like I said your wrong, not all of it applies to me. Just because I'm human doesn't mean what you say applies to me. 1 or 2 pounts doesn't make the rest apply to me so nothing personal but could you now please reply properly to my first post no need to patronize.

Edit for typo.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Again, please don't use your "points D and E" to tarnish everyone with the same brush. Do you know every human being personaly? Do you know every individual mind inside out? How do you know that everyone is racist and can't not hate? I'm admitting that I used to hate and be intolerant but I have changed as have a lot of people. I've had my mind opened up to another reality and perceive things a lot different than most, same as everyone else. What you say may apply to most people maybe not, but definitely not to everyone. I hope I have made my point clear enough please respond apropriately and not just re-word your first reply to me.

Thanks and sorry for the typos I'm on my mobile.

Edit to add: You'd be surprised at what you can achieve through meditation and/or certain recreational activities. The chemical in your brain and most living things called '___' has amazing possibilitys especially if you can harness it in smokeable form. Metaphorically speaking of course

[edit on 16-8-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
awesome thread, perspective can be a wonderful thing especially when you can provide others with new ones.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
One of the best things about this thread, and ATS in general, is that at the very least, it gets people thinking about things that they might not otherwise consider.

The average person doesn't think beyond their current situation. There's nothing wrong with that. We have families to feed, after all. Yet, those who venture into threads like this, onto sites like ATS, in my humble opinion, rise above the standard fray. They seek to understand the world and exchange thoughts that otherwise might have gone unexpressed.

So, thanks Muzzle, for the thread. Engaging in vibrant, sometimes semi-heated, discussion helps bring us all together. We are, after all, talking about that proverbial GORILLA SITTING IN THE LIVING ROOM.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
All is equal in that each creation is endowed with the ability to create as only that creature can. Many never Open their gifts.....though more never see them.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ok i take it you don't have an answer for me?

Not trying to be malicious but your thread doesn't really need so many flags. A lot of speculation that doesn't apply to me. I do realise that it might to most people but you can't assume t know everyones traits inside out.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In the immortal words of Family Guy's Peter Griffin...

"Sir, while I may not agree with what you say, I will fight to the death for your right to say it."

It's sad when only slapstick cartoons speak the truth...

I too am intolerant but mainly for self inflicted ignorance. 'Peter Griffin's' quote is attributable, many believe, to a summation of a Voltaire's beliefs on freedom and expression, by Evlyn Beatrice Hall under the pseudonym Stephen G Tallentyre. Not a bunch of cartoon writers ! What next ? The Homer Simpson A brief history of time DOH.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

The peaceful racist who airs his/her views verbally

I have serious doubts there's any such thing as a racist that won't act according to those beliefs if availed of the opportunity. It needn't be violent. It can be stealthy. It could be rationalizable thing like turning someone down for a job that is otherwise qualified, or a home loan.

Right... you're absolutely right. But that works both ways too. I have serious doubts that an employer of the liberal-left political persuasion won't discriminate against someone with innocently-nationalistic views. Like the OP said, we all discriminate. It's not a flaw reserved for racists and bigots.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join