It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgay Cayce, his methods?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Many people interested in psychic phenomenon know the name Edgar Cayce. Not to long ago I had seen a documentary on the history channel about him and other people who have made predictions into the future.(Nostradamus, the , ect.) a line from that doc had remained in my head for several days. Edgar saying that anyone can do what he dose.

Out of boredom (and curiosity)I had decided to do research on the subject. Apparently there are many books, online sources, ect, on the subject of increasing psychic abilities. Many of which say we are all psychic.

This included forms of visualization, meditation, belief, writing ones dreams, codes of ethics among other things. This idea that we are all psychic is large and there is quite a massive amount of information, views and opinions on the subject.

Edgar Cayce would put himself in a form of self hypnosis where he laid on a couch and someone would ask him a question. And he would give them an answer without even remembering it.

What I want to know is the methods. The form of hypnosis, how it was done, everything to the exact detail of what happened. Or at least as much as we can get and then I want to try it with someone also interested in this field.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I had a couple of books about Cayce at one time. Its been some time ago but I do recall he did give some healing recipes and some insight as to how he made his predictions. However I don't remember anything being written that was in depth enough to follow his methods to the letter. This was some time ago, perhaps something has been written in more detail now. Would be interesting to find out. I am not close to a large bookstore but I will see what I can come up with online.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
lol "edgay"

second line

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
lol "edgay"

second line
Crap. Think we can get a mod to fix that?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
New World Encyclopedia
At the age of thirteen, he had a profound spiritual experience that would change his life forever. He took his Bible to a playhouse in the woods, overlooking a creek. While reading, a beautiful woman in brilliant white clothing and wings suddenly appeared before him. She said, "Your prayers have been answered, little boy. Tell me what it is you want most of all, so that I may give it to you." Though shocked and in a state of disbelief, he responded with, "Most of all I would like to be helpful to other people, especially children." Upon completing his wish, the woman quickly vanished.

Shortly after the appearance of the apparition, he displayed a talent that could no longer be explained or dismissed as simply "imagination." He could sleep on his school books and acquire a photographic memory of their entire contents. It was found that he could sleep on any book, paper, or document, and upon awakening, he had the ability to repeat word for word, any length of material, even if it contained words far beyond his
limited education.

I thought you might find this interesting - seems his talents were special to him and probably why there is little or no information about how he made his predictions.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
New World Encyclopedia
At the age of thirteen, he had a profound spiritual experience that would change his life forever. He took his Bible to a playhouse in the woods, overlooking a creek. While reading, a beautiful woman in brilliant white clothing and wings suddenly appeared before him. She said, "Your prayers have been answered, little boy. Tell me what it is you want most of all, so that I may give it to you." Though shocked and in a state of disbelief, he responded with, "Most of all I would like to be helpful to other people, especially children." Upon completing his wish, the woman quickly vanished.

Shortly after the appearance of the apparition, he displayed a talent that could no longer be explained or dismissed as simply "imagination." He could sleep on his school books and acquire a photographic memory of their entire contents. It was found that he could sleep on any book, paper, or document, and upon awakening, he had the ability to repeat word for word, any length of material, even if it contained words far beyond his
limited education.

I thought you might find this interesting - seems his talents were special to him and probably why there is little or no information about how he made his predictions.

I remember that from the documentary too. But they mentioned him seeing his dead grandfather walking the family farm not the angel. The thing that keeps me interested is that in the doc they said that he said that anyone can do what he did. I beleive people are mostly limited by what they think is posible. So I'll activly seek out his methods or one similar.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
EC saw spirits of his granddad and the spirit of the goddess. From birth, he was a gifted child.

I think to practice like Edgar, you have to have the vibrations similar to his. Yes, we all can do what he did but only AFTER we raise our vibration. In other words, you have to be at the high spiritual level. One life alone is not enough, it's a series of lives and acquired karma that could allow it to be sufficient for channeling Akashic Records. Not only lives on Earth but existences outside of this planet enable one to do things like Edgar. Edgar has existed through ancient Egypt and alien worlds (I believe it was Arcturus and one of the realms in our solar system (I forgot the name of the planet it was associated with) that contributed to his amazing psychic abilities.

check out EC advise on channeling your Higher Self: www.intuitive-connections.net...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by X9ballX

Edgar Cayce lived around the same time as Rasputin and Gurgiev. His story is very interesting. The most famous and popular biography of Edgar Cayce is by Thomas Sugrue, "The Story of Edgar Cayce: There is a River." You can also view a 5 part documentary about him on youtube:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWizard
lol "edgay"

second line

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

There has been strange claims that he was 'illiterate' but that was not so. After trying to make some money with his gift (which came to a bad end), he settled down to a humbler existence and decided not to use his gift for mercenary reasons. Apparently, he would lie on the sofa and go into a 'sleep' or sleeplike state. His wife would communicate with him and his secretary would take notes. He said he would go to a giant library and automatically be given books which would open up to the page with the information needed by the person asking for help. He is most famous for his medical diagnosing and cures. He also talked about reincarnation and traced past lives in people. He could also read their futures. But when he would 'wake up' he said he remembered nothing of what transpired during the reading.
His son, Hugh Lynn Cayce started a foundation in his father's name, The Association for Research and Enlightenment (ARE)m which contains all of Edgar Cayce's readings that he gave during his long career, which were transcribed by his secretary. Also, Zawi Hawassk, Secretary General of Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, was introduced to the ARE at age 27, and to the theories of Edgar cayce on Ancient Egypt (his education was not funded by them as some have rumored).

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

Oops, typos. Of course, I am speaking of the renowned Zahi Hawass.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I actually looked this exact question up not long ago and copied the method to a notepad. I'll post it here some other time when I have the pad, but what I can remember is he laid on his back, hand folded over his solar plexus and then he focused on moving his earthly properties out of his body, of course he has a routine he followed and I'll try and find that for you another time.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Edgar Casey was able to tap into the Akashic records, which anyone can do, if they can acheive a high enough frequency. David Wilcock believes he is the reincarnation of Edgar Casey and he looks eerily like him.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
edit to remove statements

I do not wish to make this claim if I cannot show proof of it, after a short search I cannot find any proof so I am removing this content.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by X9ballX

S & F OP.

"Edgar Cayce, his methods?"

firstly, nice topic for a thread.

secondly, please change the title of your thread from "Edgay" to "Edgar", i know it was more than likely a typo, y and r only have a t beween them.

thirdly:
Perhaps Edgar Cayce offered us some input:

It is given in thy writings of Scripture, although in a hidden manner, ye may observe if ye will look.

-- The Edgar Cayce Companion (Compiled by B. Ernest Frejer) page 173, reading #5747-3

straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, that in a hidden manner the seek writs ... sorry, secrets were/are in the go spell .... sorry, gospel and the scriptures and the words. encrypted and encoded, perhaps?

eden [reversed & phonetically] nude

*yep, they were reportedly nude in the garden of eden....

have a great 2012,
et

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The Sleeping Prophet.

I had the opportunity to speak with a 'conscious' channeler once. She was a teacher from Kentucky. She told me that at the age of five she read a book of Edgar Caseys and cried. I guess that was an indication of what she'd do later in life. She was very good, but she didn't channel exactly as Edgar Casey did. She channeled a group called the Council of 12.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Cayce's method was, as someone has posted above..

Cayce would find that he had the ability to put himself into a sleep-like state by lying down on a couch, closing his eyes, and folding his hands over his stomach. In this state of relaxation and meditation, he was able to place his mind in contact with all time and space — the universal consciousness, also known as the super-conscious mind. From there, he could respond to questions

www.edgarcayce.org...

However, the strangeness of the language used in the readings suggests strongly to me that he was indeed channelling in some fashion, though possibly it was his higher self that was being channelled rather than some third party. The fact that he claimed that he was unable to recall the material that he had retrieved once he had come out of his trance IMO limits the usefulness of his method - if one were to attempt it, it would need to be a group exercise with someone to pose questions and record the answers as Cayce himself had.

J

[edit on 15-8-2010 by skjalddis]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
David Wilcock believes he is the reincarnation of Edgar Casey and he looks eerily like him.

How much is known about this character? Has he done any readings?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcheoAstronomer
There has been strange claims that he was 'illiterate' but that was not so.

he had to leave his schooling in the ninth grade.
but obviously he could read and write as he taught Sunday school, gave lectures, wrote letters, and read the bible daily.

After trying to make some money with his gift (which came to a bad end), he settled down to a humbler existence and decided not to use his gift for mercenary reasons.

not true.
he NEVER used his gift to make money. at first he worked at a photography shop, as an assistant, and later opened his own shop.

when things began to go swiftly, in regard to his reputation and the popularity of his readings for people from all walks of life, from housewives to high-ranking politicians, he did accept donations from people, but these were NEVER solicited or even mentioned by anyone on the Cayce side. people just sent in money because they wanted to.

he never ever charged for a single reading. ever.

Apparently, he would lie on the sofa and go into a 'sleep' or sleeplike state.

it was a trance.
what he did, usually but not always, was recite the Lord's Prayer in his head until he fell into the trance. there was a way that either Gladys, his secretary, or Gertrude, his wife, had for determining whether or not he was in trance yet but i can't recall what it was, right now.

He could also read their futures.

no, not really. but he did advise them on what their path might lead them toward and how to prepare, as well as how to best make their lives purposeful and positive as far as karma - either we gain or lose, according to the readings, in each material experience.
but in the end, all souls are finding their way back to whence they came: the Creator, the Life Force.

His son, Hugh Lynn Cayce started a foundation in his father's name, The Association for Research and Enlightenment (ARE)m which contains all of Edgar Cayce's readings that he gave during his long career, which were transcribed by his secretary.

wrong again. Edgar Cayce founded the A.R.E.

Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. (A.R.E.®), is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1931 by Edgar Cayce (1877-1945), to research and explore transpersonal subjects such as holistic health, ancient mysteries, personal spirituality, dreams and dream
interpretation, intuition, and philosophy and reincarnation.

source

Also, Zawi Hawassk, Secretary General of Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, was introduced to the ARE at age 27, and to the theories of Edgar cayce on Ancient Egypt (his education was not funded by them as some have rumored).

what happened is that Hugh Lynn Cayce helped Hawass get to the United States and get a Fulbright scholarship, with which he attended the University of Pennsylvania.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Who Was Edgar Cayce?

let me know if you guys can't open that link - i think it is a public page but i can't be sure.

Edgar Cayce read the bible all the way through for every year of his life. he was pretty young when he decided to do this, but he made up for each year before that decision by doubling up on the reading until his age and number of times he'd read the bible were equal.

he was born and raised in a very fundamentally traditional christian home and many of the revelations that emerged from his readings caused him consternation and concern. but he did trust the source of his readings and true to the admonition in the bible, by Peter, of "the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus Christ," Cayce's whole life, including his sleeping physic life centered around Jesus.

the source of his readings were basically two-fold - the spirit/soul of the person obtaining the reading, and a few angels, the main one being St. Michael, who called himself "The Lord of the Way." he stated that Jesus was "the Way" and that he, Michael, was "the Lord of the Way."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join