It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$9 billion meant for restoration lost in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The Pentagon has lost track of almost $9 billion, which was meant to be spent on reconstructing Iraq. That is 95 per cent of the money given to the Development Fund.

The American military was given the money, raised from the sale of Iraqi gas and oil, by the UN after the invasion in 2003.

A US audit found poor control over where the assets were spent in a country still suffering a lack of electricity and other basic services.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source:
rt.com... (Video Included)

It looks like the Pentagon, therefore the US tax-payer, is hemorrhaging money over Iraq and in fact, it's not just Iraq. Just a day before 9/11, Rumsfeld announces that the Pentagon has over $2.3 trillion dollars unaccounted for¹, then it was quickly forgotten after the tragic events that happened only several hours later. CBS also noted how around 25% of all money spent by the Pentagon, is unaccounted for, even to this day². Just to remind people, this is not including the so-called "black-budget", as that is something entirely separate. 25% of the Pentagon budget is a large amount of money and there is not one single person holding anyone accountable. Just in 2010, the Pentagon budget was around $663.8 billion USD³.

With this $9 billion USD, it seems almost crystal clear that this money is being taken. This kind of money just doesn't disappear. What I can't seem to understand, is why aren't the American people putting their foot down? We are literally being cleaned out, robbed blind and financially raped. At a time when we are discussing which programs to cut from our childrens' schools and our infrastructure is crumbling around us, we are being taken to the cleaners by an obviously corrupt military complex. It's almost as if our entire military, along with their civilian leadership, has gone rogue and is now holding the American people hostage, while still taking a ransom out of our hides.

It's time to put our foot down and demand a transparent audit of the entire Pentagon, then hold those responsible, accountable. Someone, somewhere has been responsible for every single penny that has passed through that building. It's high about time we expose the criminals and take back that which is ours, our military.

Citations

• ¹ www.cbsnews.com...

• ² www.cbsnews.com...

• ³ www.gpoaccess.gov...

--airspoon

• posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
    link   
    reply to post by airspoon

Not suprising. I don't get how they just don't wire the money. Everytime they make large withdrawls, and try shipping it over seas, a whole chunk of it goes missing. I can't fly with more than $10,000, and they just trunk up billions and just "forget" where they put it.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
    link   

It is because most American's with any type of power get rich off allowing this to continue. Then they promote beliefs to the average population to get them to support the rich guys ambitions that support the corruption. Not all rich people are corrupt, but many are and enough will do anything to keep making that money. Including looking the other way as people skim off the top, double-dip, and lose a few billion. No words will be uttered, no rock over-turned, and no light will shine in dark places. It will be concealed, covered-up and not disclosed.

The only way out is to bring down the economic system and invalidate the Federal Reserve Note, so that a new system can be erected in it's place. Otherwise those sucking off the system, and it is not the people at the bottom; rather the biggest pilfering taking place is coming from the top of America.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
    link   
    Man, the Pentagon has some really, really bad accountants. Good to see this story rising again. Betcha we can trace that money ourselves...right into a few pockets.

Remember the story from the GAO a few years back about how every single project in Iraq was over budget and behind schedule. www.cnn.com...

But...you know, I think these stories were planted in the media to show us how "on top of things" they were. Because anyone seeing stories like this would just assume the proper steps were taken to avoid more of this happening

Disgusting incompetence at the very least. More probably outright theft.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:22 PM
    link   

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
    link   
    The main thing I'm wondering, is where all of this money is going, and the purpose for which it is going. This is a lot of money, by my rough estimate well over $4 trillion USD. This seems far too much for simple scam to give paybacks. This money is being taken for another purpose besides personal wealth, if you ask me.

--airspoon

[edit on 14-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
    link   
    Good point, airspoon. Maybe they're building something? Or mining something? Another guess would be investing in those pipelines for oil/water/natural gas to Asia.

Halliburton invested in Dubai, no? Wonder what kind of real estate they have there for their new HQ.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:27 PM
    link   
    This is not just limited to the US this is going on world wide, you can't trust a crook so what is to be expected.
    The middle class and the less than middle class, mean nothing to these people.
    These are control freaks, who's God is money.
    The world is a house of cards run by fool's.

If they are the fool's running things , I guess we must be the morons letting them.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
    link   

FIRE EXTINGUISHERS AT BALAD AIR BASE, ie CAMP ANACONDA in IRAQ

i was there in iraq, more than once.

i was one of the guys in charge of the Fire Alarm Communications Center (FACC) for a time, and the 911 emergency dispatch center.

i was the Non Commissioned Officer In Charge (NCOIC), for part of my deployment back in 2006.

I know that $6.3 Million was unaccounted for, because....

a subsidiary of Halliburton had a contract, a contract that paid them $2.1 million dollars annually for reservicing and replacing all portable fire extinguishers at Camp Anaconda/Balad Air Base, outside of Baghdad.

but, every base personnel that went to them for fire extinguisher replacement and reservicing was being sent to the fire department.

it was not a service we were equipped to handle, we did not have the machinery to do so, and we were forced to buy new fire extinguishers from a subsidiary of Halliburton in order to ensure proper fire safety issues were addressed.

SUMMARY:

A Halliburton subsidiary did not fullfill a $6.3 Million Dollar contract for 3 years, and the United States Air Force paid another (the same) Halliburton subsidiary more money to buy more portable fire extinguishers that were needed.

so, there is where $6.3+ Million dollars went, as far as i know ... somewhere else...

i can't account for all those billions, but i can tell you that 6.3 million dollars was spent on services that were not rendered, by a subsidiary of the no bid contract winners.

respectfully,
    a firefighter who is becoming more reluctant to run into burning buildings for people who are trying to steal my money, and who are waging war on us firefighters.

my solution:
    stop paying taxes, until they tell us what they are spending our money on.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
    link   

Originally posted by airspoon
    This seems far too much for simple scam to give paybacks. This money is being taken for another purpose besides personal wealth, if you ask me.

ladies and gentlemen, someone may be on to something.

asking the right questions is VERY important, just be careful of whom you are asking for the answers.

airspoon,
    hope it doesn't offend you, but i'm adding you to my friends list,
    et

p.s. in the spirit of cooperation and disclosure i would like to tell you, as a new friend, ... whisper.... (i like stars)

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:21 PM
    link   
    We actually got to audit one of the "projects." The risk factor added t the cost of the project for security concerns was quite high. In addition, the government paid for private security in the contract, and in addition, American troops provided some of the security. Can we say triple dipping?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:17 AM
    link   

William Gibson wrote about that very subject a few years ago in his fiction novel, "Spook Country." It was pretty good and its sequel is coming out I think next year. I won't spoil the story for you.

DE

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
    link   

The American military was given the money, raised from the sale of Iraqi gas and oil, by the UN after the invasion in 2003.

I agree $billions of tax payers money goes missing.
    But you ownr post states this was not tax payers money...

BTW, I have also asked myself WHY they need all this money...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:22 AM
    link   
    maybe someone's and/or someones' success depends upon our ignorance, or at least the percieved necessity of our ignorance?

is us not knowing part of our own mutual success?

i don't know enough to discount the possibility.

On another note....

hasn't the world just financed the CERN institute and the $10 Billion dollar Hadron Collider thingy?

not sure how far they are from their goal of finding whatever it is they are looking for, but....

how far from one's destination must one be when that distance is no longer measured by numbers, numbers & letters, or numbers & letters & symbols?

curious science project for a world to undertake, isn't it?

is it worth $10 Billion dollars?

hm...

how much money did you say was unaccounted for OP?

do we need to see what happened during the big bang?
    how close of a view do we want? front row?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:31 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Hey, if you want to go further,

maybe the money never existed,
    maybe TPTB just want super inflation to kill the economy,
    best way is to print or appear to print...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:41 AM
    link   
    reply to post by CynicalM

i'd love to give you my two cents on that post, but according to the big picture, i can't afford it.

humor, it's cheaper,
    et

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:04 AM
    link   
    reply to post by CynicalM

I know that this particular $9BUSD came from Iraqi minerals, however I was referring to all of the other money lost by the Pentagon (in the trillions with a "T"). Furthermore, since we were promised that Iraqi minerals, particularly oil, would be paying for the war, the $9BUSD was our tax-money.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
    link   
    This site has a pretty interesting compilation of missing money for anyone who hasn't seen it. Wish they had kept it up.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
    link   
    This is old news and should be known by all. Sadly, as important as DOD waste is before 9-11, Iraq Reconstruction, and now Afghanistan; it will get buried among other less meaningful news. Tabloid style journalism seems to be what people have interest in, rather than the systematic rape and pillaging of their country and quality of life.

Moreover, I think criminality has gotten so bad over the years that it would be impossible for law enforcement to stem the tide. From the white collar crook down to the petty criminal, business is booming. If anything, this societal collapse and deep recession is an opportunity of a lifetime for those with seedy ways. There is a heist going on and one of epic proportions. Who is responsible, we may never know; but there seems to be people behind the scenes pulling the strings. Call them who you wish Bilderburgers, NWO, the Illuminati, CFR, Military Industrial Complex, and on and on. One thing is for certain, something is amiss and the footnote which is Iraq is only the tip of the ice berg.

It is truly appalling there is no outcry from the American people about this blatant and obvious theft taking place under very their noses. All this talk in the the media about what team Lebron James is going to, Paris Hilton's latest romp, Tiger Wood's seedy affairs, and Mel Gibson's phone conversations, but nothing of any attention toward this and other serious violations? Just imagine if they handle things like this with as much vigor as soft news garbage? These con-men would be smoked out and made to account for their criminality. The people would demand nothing less. However, as long as the facade is maintained and people are entertained, business goes on as planned. When the cats away the rats will play. Good thread OP, and thanks for bringing this up. Now all we have to do is get our contemporaries on board about how serious this is.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
    link   

I think the missin money has to do with Babylon.

Google

TRhat link doesnt say much besides mentioning Babylon, but I'd suggest we are funding someone to look for something.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Myendica]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Myendica]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join