It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Zero Mosque a cleverly disguised Psyop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That's what my gut instinct says. I didn't really think about it until Obama made those statements. He knows much too well that anything he would say in support of such an idea would not only decrease his own electability, but also inflame the passions of anti-Islamic thought and rhetoric, perhaps pushing said discussion to a fever pitch. At the height of this fever, America will launch it's war against Iran.

1. Follow the money. Who is funding the project? While some MSM continue to assert "guesses" that the funds might come from terrorist roots, and government officials say through other MSM that you shouldn't know, a question arises.

"I don't know, and government shouldn't" says Michael Bloomberg.

sou rce

Why should the government not know where funding is going? Don't they know everything about your home loan? Yes, of course they do. This is a careful misdirection.

"Any American non-profit organization can tell you exactly whence its money comes. By contrast, it appears that the Cordoba Initiative’s funding has not been cross-checked with financial counterterrorist information within the Treasury Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Central Intelligence Agency. (If it had been, we probably would have heard about it.)"

source

Does anyone here really believe that none of our intelligence agencies know where this money is coming from? And, if it was from terrorists, wouldn't they stop it yesterday? Are these the same organizations that imprison and torture people on suspicion? I don't believe for one moment that they don't where the funds are coming from.

So if you have government intelligence knowing quite well where the funds are coming from, and through past actions shown that it takes almost nothing for them to bite down on someone like a pack of wolves, then something is afoot.

The withholding of information has a purpose. It masks who is really behind the ground zero mosque. It hides the intentions behind the building of said mosque. The intention, i propose, is to fan the flames of hatred. Watch, there will be more psyops in the coming months that stoke these kinds of angers.

The result: An easy foray into Iran.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by pirhanna]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Or we don't know where the funding is coming from because it's not in place yet, just like the Park51 project's website says.

They're planning to get the funds from a mixture of grants, private contributions (both domestic and foreign), and financing (i.e., debt). That seems pretty believable to me.

If there's a psyop going on in relation to this project, I think it's more likely to be in the form of whipping up frenzied opposition through clever use of the media and blogosphere.

edit: added link

[edit on 8/14/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That's kind of what I was getting at, about the media being used to create a frenzied opposition. Question: to what end? Answer: xxxxx

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a building that takes up less than 5 acres of land, has earned how many man hours of publicity and news coverage nation wide, and world wide?

psyops?

whatever keeps us distracted from discussing the important issues...

and....

DON'T FOLLOW THE MONEY!

LOOK WHERE MONEY IS COMING FROM AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE(S)

money does not equal truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yes, and I would probably put my money on the Zionists. They need to fuel anti muslim feeling to get more of the public to support an attack on Iran.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think there are varied reasons, ranging from personal political advantage to rousing anti-Islamic sentiment to try to bolster morale about the current wars and perhaps raise popular support for future wars.

But I don't think that the organizers of the Mosque or their supporters are the source of the manipulation. Everything I've read suggests that they are honest in their intentions and genuinely surprised about the uproar this has caused (they didn't even hire a professional public relations firm until it was making national headlines).

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I can see why you may have thought this due to the fact that the official story (lies that are meant to keep the USA at war with Muslim Nations) states that Muslim extremists are responsible for 911. Truth be told, Muslims represent a large percentage of the U.S. population. There has been widespread and undue suspision and disrespect from the American people towards Muslims since 911. So, I think Muslims deserve to have a place at that site more then many others, although it could likely be a bad thing with all of the cultural ignorance floating around the US.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
From the OP: "He knows much too well that anything he would say in
support of such an idea would not only decrease his own electability..."

I think you're giving BHO far too much credit...unless he's in front of a teleprompter, he's not too bright when it comes to knowing what to say and what not to say (remember that "cop acting stupidly" bit).

And not only is he less electable, he's made all Dems less electalbe.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by bowlbyville]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is unbelievable!!! I had learned on FRi,8/13/10 that about 70% of southern americans didn't know that we claimed independance from Britton. Man where are these imbasiles when I need to sell a bridge??? I fall into the "broke" categorie about 27G's a year and I have a 2 yr degree. I'm no Einstien but live in Fl. where cost of living is low.I guess I'll put some self tanner on and hang out outside of Homedepot

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Does anyone realize that GOOGLE EARTH is a product of the U.S. Navy I believe that these little cameras on street corners are a distraction!! Bin Laden knew this in the 80's

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Mods? Thread derailment on track 9.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowlbyville
From the OP: "He knows much too well that anything he would say in
support of such an idea would not only decrease his own electability..."

I think you're giving BHO far too much credit...unless he's in front of a teleprompter, he's not too bright when it comes to knowing what to say and what not to say (remember that "cop acting stupidly" bit).

And not only is he less electable, he's made all Dems less electalbe.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by bowlbyville]

Wouldn't one of those Dems say to Obama, hey man, how bout you don't go and be all stupid? It just seemed so common sense to me. It's not like he had to say anything at all, and all him saying stuff will do is make everyone go "He's a Muslim infiltrator@!! Hang him!!" and stir up a lot of general angst. So my logic followed that maybe that was the point.

Of course it's possible they are all just ridiculously stupid.

Personally I don't care if they do or don't build this thing, despite it being purposely insensitive.

top topics

join