It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

similarities in religion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i'm just wondering if there is such a thing as a peaceful religious thread.
pointing out differences and expanding on the ol' divide and conquer seems to be the major topic being discussed.
i believe religion could actually be a good thing if members of different one would be willing to discuss issues like this in order to find common ground for the betterment of mankind.
i'm beginning to think this is an impossible idea, for some reason it seems all religious people put themselves in a higher category than any other religious person.
in my opinion this is a pretty basic concept.
is anyone willing to discuss a topic like this?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Part of the reason for contentiousness in these threads is the way the forums are arranged on this board.

This particular forum is defined as "conspiracy"; that makes contentiousness more-or-less obligatory, besides encouraging those who are feeling contentious in the first place.

There's a forum for peaceful discussions of religious matters, but that's been placed down on BTS.

I suspect that any "peaceful" thread that got started would soon get transferred from one forum to the other.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I disagree religion is not good because you can't find a common ground from it. Only one religion can be right so if there is more than one you get confrontation.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
I disagree religion is not good because you can't find a common ground from it. Only one religion can be right so if there is more than one you get confrontation.

yet you make it sound like there's never been such a thing as a peaceful multi-religion society.

new topics

top topics

join