It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet provider update requires tracking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Today my internet would not sign online, I have a Sprint Data Card 3G, so it told me to update my internet so I did. When I was reading it I got to this part where they said that I am recommended to install a GPS locator into the Data Card, it also said that it will track some of what you do online.

Obviously I wanted to say, "HELL NO!". But they told me I had a choice either install the GPS or I may not be able to sign online.

I am furious, now they are tracking everywhere you are and every place you visit online.

This is insane! I would like to tell Sprint to stick it! But I can't because I need my computer for college.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
And so the grip tightens....
It always scares me when I hear something like this because I know the worst is just around the corner. So when do you think it will be mandatory for everyone to be "tracked"? I mean this is the result of internet usage, I understand but can you speculate when everyone will have to be connected to the internet?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
nvm

[edit on 14-8-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Bad enough every picture, message, call you make can be GPS tracked by the phone in records to be seen later on if someone wished to see them.

It really is annoying but technically those things "belong" to the service provider or something. Forgot what allows the police etc to see these records freely. :/

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Install the GPS and cut the coax cable between the patch antenna and the GPS receiver. For an added sense of security short the center conductor and shield of the coax together at the receiver.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I really don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is forced into something like this by years end.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Like I said right now we have the choice to use the internet, I'm just wondering when it will be mandatory that everyone will have to use it. Do you think I'm wrong for believing that? It just seems the way everything is headed...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is there no way of bypassing an ISP, connecting directly to the internet? As long as you have a phone line or mobile/cell it should be possible with the right gear and know how.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
For the physical tracking part, dainoyfb is right on.

For the virtual tracking part, use a proxy >.< You can use a proxy through most browsers (mozilla's firefox works wonderfully), and you can find proxy ip's with a simple search, but this'll get you started:

Constantly Updated Proxy List

Kind of a pain in the butt when they switch, but well worth it if paranoia sets in. :]

But for real, we (ATS users) are probably all red tagged anyway, so what does it matter?

Either we spread the truth as far and wide as possible in an effort to create critical mass, or we knock ourselves out pounding our heads against a brick wall trying. I suppose either way we win.

join