It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The legend of Atlantis, dawn of the gods

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I think Weedwhacker is owed a little more credit than you give him there. You've been on ATS for years and know the routine. We don't have to watch every YT video posted to have an idea about the content. Experience can allow us to pass comment on videos we haven't watched. Be honest...you do it too.

In this case, it's about Atlantis and 'gods.'

I'm guessing it involves a highly advanced land developed by ancient astronauts (gods) from another planet or 'from the skies.' At some point, there's been conflict and division and some aspect of the gods have destroyed Atlantis. They probably sunk the place, am I close?

Judging the screenshots of the videos, I'd go on to guess that some remnant of this early civilisation have survived and have a foothold in the omniscient PTB that are driving our civilisation towards an agenda. Egypt is guaranteed a mention...probably a whole five minute segment of wonder. There could be NWO, but I'm out of ideas at this point.

Now from my understanding Atlantis only existed in the imagination or allegories of Plato. There's no evidence whatsoever of lost civilisations or ancient astronauts teaching our ancestors to build stuff with stone. The whole premise of the videos can be dismissed on the basis of experience.

I'll lay my hand on heart and swear that I haven't watched a second of the videos linked. In fact, my PC refuses to let me watch YT at all lately. It's a source of great annoyance. All that said, is anything I've described close to being the general content of those videos?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I always enjoy these kinds of shows.

Weedwacker probably knows what he's talking about. But, uhm...
His argument for not watching them, the hollow earth. He recently posted quite a few replies on a thread I've made. This one : My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

You know what I would love to hear ? A definition of gods.

Thanks for posting these.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Considering the only source for Atlantean legends was Plato for over two thousand years until the nineteenth century, what is the source and basis for the information in these videos?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Considering the only source for Atlantean legends was Plato for over two thousand years until the nineteenth century, what is the source and basis for the information in these videos?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

An imaginary or speculative framework applied to unknown phenomena?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

ThaNKS jOHN ,GOOD WORK PAL!

Ill watch the other 3 in the morning

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

An imaginary or speculative framework applied to unknown phenomena?

What a coincidence... this is in fact exactly the way I as they cross my path.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thx, interesting docs.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well o.k... I was going to try to download this but decided to watch the above clips instead.. and boy i'm glad I did.

This plays out like a cheesy science fiction story. It contradicts itself 20 times in the first 10 minutes.

It has no historical basis in fact, even to what is written about Atlantis by Plato and others. This sounds like other similar stories that were "channeled" through some extra dimensional entity.

I'd watch the whole thing for entertainment value but it contradicts itself so often its virtually unwatchable.

At least no one can say I didn't give it an honest shot.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thats my point... I don't believe ATS is about taking a guess...

Look I got nothing against Weedwhacker... Hense why I said

I don't believe people are trolls all the times, but your comment is a troll comment. Period.

My whole point is that its disrespectful to any Thread and ATS when no one reads the Thread or looks at the evidence provided and post that its not worthy of his attention. really.... move on then
?

Making a prejudgement like what weedwacker wrote is the reason Threads go from being relevent to the subject it represents, to being a pissing contest.

This is the reason we have members believing we have to many Trolls and Dis-Info Agents on ATS...

I've seen great members present Troll Posts, we are all guilty of it... but its still something of a mystery when someone blatently refuses to look at the evidence presented in a thread and writes how the thread in question is not worthy of his or her attention. When did ATS add The Hamptons to the Board?

I don't distinguish old members from new member or members with many post to those with few, but one thing I can't stand is when someone tries to disrespect the OP for no other reason than just to.

I think if someone did this to his or her threads he or she would find it equally disrespectful.... the least you can do is read the OP.

anyways

I guess back to subject at hand.

Fox

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What I liked about it is it's authenticity. If I explain that, I mean it's simplicity in the description and the path it carry us. If you take the time to listen to it all, apart from the interviews, it explain (accuratly or not) how we evolve and what is the state of things now.

I would like to have seen it with no interviews, just the narative and the pictural.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I think you make some very good points and I agree with them. Especially the point about good members sometimes trolling...I've certainly rattled out some trollish posts in the past and I think everyone does from time to time...

It's a hard line to walk these days with threads posting a number of videos. Just a few weeks ago, a guy posted over 20 hours of videos in his OP. Who's gonna spend bandwidth on that?

I've watched hours of Atlantis and ancient astronauts videos. They tend to blur into one theme. You probably have the same experience. In those cases, is it necessary to watch an hour or more of video on the same themes before making a credible post?

Being respectful is important

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I would be happy to offer a definition for gods.

If you are referring to the one that supposedly created the heavens and the Earth and blessed the Earth with the presence of Adam and Eve then I would definitely define him as an "Alien species". Primarily because if he actually created heaven and Earth then he must have originated from somewhere else.

By the way, I only offered up the "him" reference to gender because he supposedly created Adam first in his own image so I don't want any ATS'ers attacking me as a sexist or something.

IMHO then entire "creationism" scenario is less likely than the "Legend of Atlantis" theory.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

You may have a point about God being alien...if there is one...alien would be a pretty accurate word to use.

IMHO then entire "creationism" scenario is less likely than the "Legend of Atlantis" theory.

I think they are equally unlikely, but the creation myths are pretty interesting. They're actually echoes from when our ancestors tried to make sense of the world. It's like listening to the thoughts of people from 40 000 years ago...maybe longer? Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Do you guys think its all disinfo? Im not saying everything is bang on right in the video,i just asked you guys to take a look and see what you tought
,no one opinion is better than another because it can not be proving.
But i can tell you now peices in the video are tought in occult circles.
I was wondering was it just another part of bringing in a world religion,
new age religion?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

thanks for the heads up, it looks rather interesting, hopefully i haven't seen it before.

here's the parts to it i found on google videos-

1) Dawn of the Gods- video.google.com...#

2) The Secret Brotherhood of Atlantis- video.google.com...#

3) The Secret Prophecies of the Apocalypse- video.google.com...#

4) The Return of the Atlantean Light Masters- video.google.com...#

5) part 1 of 2- The Battle of Armageddon (Finding the Truth)- video.google.com...#

part 2 of 2- video.google.com...#

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry. After watching through half of the first part I stopped it because there is absolutely no evidence on what the narrator is saying about reincarnation and the divine spirit etc etc... This plays out like a cheesy science fiction story with just about no evidence. The interviews that appear in the clips have nothing to do with Atlantis and only talk about ancient aliens visiting us long ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FactFinder

Thanks

One thong tho... Like God did not make Adam in his likeness. God made Adam in their likeness.

As in plural, multiple Gods. Which actually makes sense if he comes from outer space.
Traveling alone is not really fun. It makes sense to take a few travel companions with you.

Multiple Gods makes the bible also way easier to understand IMO.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c
Do you guys think its all disinfo? Im not saying everything is bang on right in the video,i just asked you guys to take a look and see what you tought

Johnny,

It's not disinfo, it's a capitalistic effort to build wealth based on other people's ignorance.

Call me "TROLL!!!" if you want, I've been called worse here many times before, but the title itself indicates the originator of the crockumentary is either ignorant on the subject or lying about it.

There is no "legend" of Atlantis, there never has been any "legend" of Atlantis.

Atlantis appears in the mythology of exactly zero cultures.

Ask yourself, why would that be?

Atlantis never existed, that's why. Even Plato hinted at that fact.

Read the Wiki article on Atlantis.
You can't do better than this short article if you want to see the truth of this matter.

In antiquity, Atlantis is mentioned in two written "dialogues" by Plato, and absolutely nowhere else before that. Thay are:

Timaeus
and
Critias,

Both by Plato.

no one opinion is better than another because it can not be proving.

Really? What about my dog's opinion? I could probably deduce it by making her walk on rice paper then "interpreting" the wrinkles, right?

I mean, you can't prove that I'm lying, can you?

So my dog's opinion is as good as anybody's here at ATS.

Sorry, she also says Atlantis never existed.

Harte

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I know this is just a youtube vid, and should be be treated as such, but do you realize how much this ties together?

All of the major conspiracies/theories are explained or mixed into this theory.

If this is a load of garbage, it's a good one. Otherwise, it serves as a close road map to connecting different questions to the potential answers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join