It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When can we finally move on from 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This might create some hard feelings I would imagine. However, I think this needs to be said. When will the mourning stop? We've been in mourning for almost a decade since 9/11. At some point, I think we need to realize it was a tragic event in our history. At some point, we simply must move on folks.

We can't hold resentment against a religion because of the actions of a few radicals. I keep reading where the entire Muslim community must apologize for the actions of a few. Why should they? Has Christianity apologized for their actions? How many people have died under the Divine Right of Christians? How many alleged witches have been put to death because of Christianity? How many wars have been fought over Christianity? How many slaves were captured and families destroyed under Christianity? Yet, I never heard one apology from all Christians for the atrocities that they committed throughout history.

Most doctors will tell a person in mourning to pick themselves up and move on. There is an obvious grieving period but a decade is a little long to grieve. It's unhealthy to grieve this much. Grief eventually turns into hate if you don't move on. Hate against Muslims, hate against illegals, hate against the government, hate against gays, hate against anything and everything.

The total cost of lives lost is not 3000 folks! It's in the hundreds of thousands if we include the wounded and psychologically injured. We won't stop until every single Muslim is dead. Because we are still in mourning and looking for blame. We don't want to look within ourselves to see if our own actions had a hand in this. Everyone was riding the wave of greed and we got lax in security. Everyone was counting their money and we got lax. Everyone was buying hummers and houses they couldn't afford and we got lax. Money was more important than security folks!

I think it's time we picked ourselves up and moved on with life. A quarter of my life has been in mourning because of 9/11. Bring the troops home, protect our own interest at home, solidify our energy independence, and tell everyone else in the world to handle their own business from here own out. Unless it TRULY affects our nation security. My heart goes out to the family and friends of those victims from 9/11. However, we can't keep holding those souls hostage by invoking their names every time our exceptionalism is questioned by the world. Let the rest of the world eat cake for all I care.

I just ask that we let those victims from 9/11 finally rest in peace. No more killing in their name folks! We can't win this thing. So let's stop mourning and move on with life. Let's stop invoking their name in the disguise of national security. Let those people finally rest in peace please!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Our lives aren't long enough to see that one go away. After we die and our children die, the facts about that day will be twisted to fit the needs of society during those future dates and times.

So to answer your question, probably long after your great-great-great grandchildren have moved on to a better place. The physical world is not a forgiving place.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Christianity is the fall guy for things that where unjust the bible doesn't say takeover places and cause pain or push ya religon on others they try to make it seem evil.... i'm over 9/11 i'm just waiting for the puppetmasters to take credit so we can leave the middle east which isn't gonna happen cuz they'll throw out some other oddball excuse to why we are there thanks OP good post

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I no longer grieve but I will never forget. There is no statute of limitations on murder. When I feel like the perpetrators of the attacks have been brought to justice, then I will be able to move on. I can't really speak for the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When we know the truth, when the people who commited it and backed it are put to death, and when the muslims stop playing the victim card, maybe I'll think about it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

When will it go away? Never. Osama bin Laden is the new Emmanuel Goldstein. The government will take our freedoms to 'defend' against 'terrorists' taking our freedoms. Its all mis-direction.
"In my right hand I hold evil terrorists! (In my left hand-*SLAP*)"
Who is really taking rights and freedoms, government or terrorists?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
At some point, we simply must move on folks.

At least for the first couple years after 9/11, it was always "Never Forget 9/11". I think thats speaks for itself. Regardless of which story you believe.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

At some point, we simply must move on folks.

We can't hold resentment against a religion because of the actions of a few radicals.

If the history of humanity is an indicator, we can and most certainly will hold resentment against any and every group of people for the actions of a few.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think the official move on date was September 12th, 2001.

Please define "move on".

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Shouldn't the question be HOW can we move on ?

Many of us believe the murderers are our own and they're still enjoying the fruits of 9/11

So for many people (and the number continues to grow) we cannot and will not move on, until the guilty are on the scaffold

It took many decades before the truth of Pearl Harbour emerged. But it did

We will not move on re: 9/11 until the guilty have been denounced, pothsumously if necessary

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienMenace

All the perps died on those planes didn't they? First it was Sadaam then it was Bin Laden. Who is next? I don't think it was Bin Laden because we let his family go in the middle of the night.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This post disgusts me, move on?

If your mother, father, wive and daughter were in that building, would you simply move on?

I don't give a damn about the religion thing, it's about bringing justice to those who are responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Being a possible inside job, truth will emerge over the years, and i will wait.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
I think the official move on date was September 12th, 2001.

Please define "move on".

Move on to me is to stop blaming Islam as a whole. I'm not muslim nor do I agree with some of their ideology. But my goodness, we invoke 911 everytime things start to go south in America.

Illegal immigration is nothing more than 911 redefined. Our security is being threatened by fruit pickers and maids. Everything that doesn't look like us REMINDS us of 911.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi

If your mother, father, wive and daughter were in that building, would you simply move on?

I don't give a damn about the religion thing, it's about bringing justice to those who are responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Being a possible inside job, truth will emerge over the years, and i will wait.

It should digust you more that American men and women are dying chasing 3000 ghost. We can't win this war. Radical Islam is resurrecting itself because of these wars. They are not submitting to our will. They are growing to usurp our will.

We can't win chasing ghost.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberjedi

PS...after 10 years of not finding Bin Laden I don't think we ever will. Why? Because Pakistan is hiding him. Or Iran is funding him. We are fighting mad instead of fighting logically.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What amount of bloodshed will satisfy our thirst for revenge?

Make no mistake folks. This is revenge and nothing more. But we think they won't REVENGE their fallen. It's a never ending cycle of death.

It's time to move on and forge a new dialogue. Honor their memory but let their souls finally rest. No more killing in their name. No more hate in their name. No more "it's them or us" in their name.

It's over guys. Let's move on to new dialogue.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It's over guys. Let's move on to new dialogue.

No it's not over. There is no statute of limitations on murder!

The victims of 911 will never rest until their is justice.

No justice, No peace!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

This might create some hard feelings I would imagine. However, I think this needs to be said. When will the mourning stop? We've been in mourning for almost a decade since 9/11. At some point, I think we need to realize it was a tragic event in our history. At some point, we simply must move on folks.

I will as soon as people stop talking about owning slaves.
Everyone needs to quit living in the past after a point. But 9 years is not that long.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
i'll be more than willing to move on as soon as the independent, non-partison investigation is complete.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join