It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GULF OF MEXICO FULL OF UNEXPLODED BOMBS...could this be the cause of explosions on seabed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have been watching the BP live cams for quite a while now....and I am increasingly concerned about the explosions I have witnessed. YES...I know much of what people think are explosions are actually propeller wash...but I am referring to the fiery, extremely violent explosions shooting rock and sediment straight up and turning the screen completely red, orange, yellow and throwing the ROVS around like toys. I thought about the fact the perhaps it was methane, volcanic eruptions (there are many asphalt volcanoes int the gulf), and a few other things. I still believe some could be due to these things....however.....I remembered hearing a long time ago about the military in WW2 dumping unused live ordinances in the Gulf of Mexico.....and I thought perhaps THIS is causing some of these explosions. So I looked it up and it seems the Gulf of Mexico is littered with bombs and other munitions, and there are actually maps that NOAA have showing where some of it is. Much of it is in areas where drilling goes on! There is also much there which they do not know the location of, since hurricanes and tropical storms scatter it as well. My point is this....there are may things going on down there which could set these bombs off.....and if one exploded near a methane seep it could really cause quite an explosion. I'm no expert, so I am not saying this as fact....just throwing it out there to hear what you think. Frankly, the explosions are beginning to worry me more than the oil.

Here is an article and the NOAA map:

www.dailykos.com...

Here is a video to show you what I mean by "explosions" ....you have to watch it all the way through, but it's worth it.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why did you make me watch that boring video that shows nothing of what you state happening? Where is the explosion? the kicked up muck at the beginning of the flick? That part prior to the rover descending? Hogwash I say. I saw the video all the way through as you told me to. What a sucker I am.

Edit to add relevance:

I did not see anything that looked like an explosion. I think it is the rover descending.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Tempest333]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Could these munitions cause the long continious eruption we often see do you think?

There does seem to be an awfully lot the last few weeks and they do appear to be getting worse

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tempest333
Why did you make me watch that boring video that shows nothing of what you state happening? Where is the explosion? the kicked up muck at the beginning of the flick? That part prior to the rover descending? Hogwash I say. I saw the video all the way through as you told me to. What a sucker I am.

Edit to add relevance:

I did not see anything that looked like an explosion. I think it is the rover descending.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Tempest333]

Well, first of all...no need to be rude. Did you read the article or look at the map....or REALLY read my post? I said in my post, that I was just "suggesting" it might be something to look into. I don't think it explains everything. I also said that a lot of what people see IS propeller wash....BUT those of us who watch daily have seen what I am referring to. I am trying to find one from yesterday, which will better demonstrate what I mean by explosions. I am not a "doom monger".....just trying to find a rational explanation as to what we are sometimes seeing down there. I guess the video I posted was not really a good example, I admit....I will try to find a better one. Maybe you have a theory?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by niblo
Could these munitions cause the long continious eruption we often see do you think?

There does seem to be an awfully lot the last few weeks and they do appear to be getting worse

No....unless there were a cluster of them. But I have seen short violent ones. What I am wondering is if it could be a combination of these things.....I know those of us on "up to the minute" have seen them numerous times. Like the one yesterday on challenger 2. I just wanted to hear other people's theories on what they could be. I think maybe it could be any or all of the things I mentioned. Yes, they are happening more often....and that is why I am so interested in it. The ones yesterday were huge. I wish someone had a clear capture of it. I have seen a few, but not of the worst part, and they were not very clear. I'll keep searching for a good video of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
interesting but where would those bombs have come from.... unless they were planted from the get go idk op please try to dig deeper and let me know what u come up with

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tempest333

If you look up to the upper right hand corner you will notice that the ROV is not descending at that time. It stays between 15239 and 15240 so it cannot be going down if the depth numbers stay between the above numbers. That number should increase as it goes down. Watch it you will see what I am talking about. The ROV prop wash wouldn't throw that much up unless it was geting closer to the sea floor.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecause
interesting but where would those bombs have come from.... unless they were planted from the get go idk op please try to dig deeper and let me know what u come up with

The bombs are from world war 2....the military would dump unused ammo in the gulf to get rid of it "safely".....here's another article about it....

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Tempest333

If you look up to the upper right hand corner you will notice that the ROV is not descending at that time. It stays between 15239 and 15240 so it cannot be going down if the depth numbers stay between the above numbers. That number should increase as it goes down. Watch it you will see what I am talking about. The ROV prop wash wouldn't throw that much up unless it was geting closer to the sea floor.

Exactly. These are something else entirely! You can tell the difference after you watch the cams long enough. You know what I mean as you saw the same thing I did yesterday. Thanks! I am trying to find some videos from yesterday....the video I posted was from something else and doesn't show the force of it etc....

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here's a better video...the thing starts out AHEAD of the rov....and the debri is being flung toward the ROV....
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It could very well be explosives from WWII along with other conditions such as methane leaks. I know how closely you follow the feeds and just how "not right" things have been down there. I can understand why you are looking for explanations, so am I. BP and the Gov certainly doesn't give us any info. Think I will look around on the web tonight, see if I can find instances of WWII bombs exploding in the ocean from other causes. The map indicates they are certainly there. Thanks for the thread and the great work you do! Stay safe!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
kat, didnt someone recently claim they say long poles being used by the ROVs to plant explosives in the fissures and cracks to attempt to seal them?

...i'll go look for the post...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Kat, you're probably already aware of this, and it's slightly off topic but may be relevant...it seems there are two wells, about 350-500 feet apart and the BP live feed is sometimes showing pictures with the co-ordinates of the WRONG well.

See links below:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Perhaps I'm wrong, and forgive me if this is the case. but isnt there still a lot of controversy over exactly how to calculate those coordinates?

I've seen a lot of 'fuzzy math' on this topic.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Thanks! I was just astounded at the amount of it! Let me know if you find anything and I'll be looking into it too!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
WW2 bombs/ordnance are no danger.

Bombs/ordnance are shipped with no detonators/fuses installed and would have been dumped at the end of WW2 in the same conditions.

WW2 bombs/ordnance were made to stand impact from other projectiles.
You can shoot WW2 bombs and they are unlikely to go off unless hit by a explosive round

Heat is the real danger with WW2 bombs/ordnance ageing in a hot environmental conditions or fast by fire.

Bombs and other ordnance use a fuse train.
A primary detonator. A booster charge. and the main charge.
the primary detonator. and booster charge are part of the fuse.

The REAL danger from these bomb/ordnance dumping sites is the TOXIC chemical being released as they corrode.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Yep....I am trying to find out more about that too....my post is just one of many possibilities....he may be onto something with that....could be intentional...so far I haven't found anything, but still looking.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If anyone finds good videos or screen shots of the explosions, please feel free to post them....I would be interested to see if anyone caught some of the big ones.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Someone here yesterday had video they called a "floornado" that was near a rov actually did look like a type of vortex. If do a search for floornado I'm sure it will come up because that was in the title. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I think I was the first to call it that from a screenshot I had then it just ran from there. It has been used in a vid or two of the same thing I had the screen shot from. I would say check the UP to the minute thread and go to 191 and there will be a video for you to check out. If hats what you are wanting to see. Somewhere there is a single screen shot of one too in that thread.Video is posted by DragonFire 1024. Hope that helps you out.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 14-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join