learn more

Obama Supports Building Mosque Near Scene Of 9/11 Attack

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Obama Supports Building Mosque Near Scene Of 9/11 Attack

www1.voanews.com

U.S. President Barack Obama says he supports a plan to build a mosque and Islamic cultural center in New York, near the scene of the deadly September 11, 2001 attacks. It was the first time the president has expressed his opinion about the intense controversy.

President Obama spoke Friday night at a White House Iftar dinner celebrating the beginning of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Despite widespread opposition to the plan, he said allowing the Islamic center to be built would
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kold.com
religion.blogs.cnn.com
www.foxnews.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

President Barack Obama hosts an iftar dinner, the meal that breaks the dawn-to-dusk fast for Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan, in the State Dining Room at the White House in Washington, 13 Aug 2010.

Well how outrageous can that one be.

Was Islam really the true perpetrator behind 9/11, or was it the Bush Administration?

The globalist elite fomented the conflict between Judeo-Christianity and Islam in order to weaken each other, divide and conquer.

What do you think about the ground zero mosque?

www1.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Conservatives are always preaching the value and democratic importance of property rights....well, put that line of thought into action.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbomb456

Conservatives are always preaching the value and democratic importance of property rights....well, put that line of thought into action.

I wonder how the left would feel if a Neo-Nazi group decided to build a meeting house at the site of Auschwitz?
For those who lost a loved one on 9/11, this is an insult, that Muslims are rubbing it in their face, by placing this mosque so close to hallowed ground.
BTW, try building a church near Mecca. Oh wait, churches aren't even allowed in Saudi Arabia, and neither are bibles, crosses, Christian symbols, or anything else related to Christianity. When Saudi Arabia allows a church to be build next to Mecca, then maybe the left can complain. Otherwise, send your complaints to Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I got an idea, let us build a monument dedicating the bravery of the U.S. 7th Cavalry on the site of the Wounded Knee Massacre.

Free speech right?

/sarcasm off

There are millions of places in the U.S. where anyone can build a mosque without many people caring. Why does it have to be that very spot?

What is interesting is that this particular ground zero mosque is not funded yet in will cost tens of millions of dollars and will jump through a ton of red tape.

I bet our Saudi "friends" have the money lined up for that along with some U.S. tax-payer bailout dollars. I also bet the mosque will also be fast-tracked through the thick New York red tape.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbomb456

Maybe if that imam wasn't being given the government supported fund-raising tour in order to pay for the ground-zero mosque.

I guess that mosque can really double as an NWO monument on ground-zero eh.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

President Barack Obama hosts an iftar dinner, the meal that breaks the dawn-to-dusk fast for Muslims during the holy month of Ramadan, in the State Dining Room at the White House in Washington, 13 Aug 2010. Well how outrageous can that one be.

Come on people. We always have to assume the worst don't we? Every single president before him had a religion and religious events were held in the White House. The only reason this caught anyone's attention was because of the word Muslim. If the the situation was someone opening a Christian, Jewish or Catholic church no one would give it a second glance. While I do not condone the events of 9/11 that doesn't mean that all Muslims should be punished for something that a majority of them had nothing to do with other than the country they lived and the religion they follow. While members of Al-Qaeda have a different view of there religion that doesn't mean that every Muslim has the same views as the member of Al-Qaeda. Since the creation of religion, regardless of choice of religion there has always been killing based on their religious views.

I say let them open a mosque, let people worship freely. I'm not trying to make anyone mad or step on any toes. Just giving my opinion. Take care everyone.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Interesting that the thread that I started on this subject yesterday was closed in favor of one started today. There was a healthy debate going on there.

Conspiracies and all.
Obaman defends ground zero mosque plans

[edit on 14-8-2010 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I doubt it was a conspiracy. The moderators abusing their power on the boards I guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I doubt it was a conspiracy. The moderators abusing their power on the boards I guess.

I actually think it was a common mistake. I think the mod didnt look at the date, only the time. Not realizing that my thread was started the 13th and this thread was started today.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Mods do have a lot to do on these boards. With all the threads being replied to.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Actually, your thread was started on 8/13/2010 @ 09:27 PM and the thread the mod closed yours in favor of appears to have been started on 8/13/2010 @ 09:20 PM ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here's the thread that's currently going on this topic:

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

For what it's worth, I thought iamcamouflage's thread should have been the one kept open too

edit: (having seen Lucidity's post) oops, I hadn't checked the date and time stamps

[edit on 8/14/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You are correct but I thought that two topics could exist if one was in Breaking Alternative News.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought I have seen mods allow multiple threads of the same subject only in this instance.

Why is this thread still here?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
waiting for the right thread

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Styki]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I'm not sure exactly how they do that part and asked the same question the other day on Board Business and Questions.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We already have 3 threads on this (two are closed.) Please comment in the first thread. This one is being closed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join