It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please don’t send me to the “ATS issues” thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Quick question and please do not tell me to ironically go to the ATS issues thread

I have noticed quite allot that mods will shut down a thread (as in stop others posting on it as opposed to deleting it) not because it breaks T&C’s but they think it should be in the “ATS issues thread”. Other times a thread will be shut down because a similar thread already exists, but if that other thread is running into hundreds of posts then what is the harm in setting up another thread. Or if somebody starts up a thread however a last year somebody had a similar thread and the mods shut down the new thread and tell you to go off to the old thread.

It’s mostly the idea that any question should be shot off to the “ATS issues” thread that annoys me, last time I checked there was 5352 posts on that thread. That I think vastly reduces my chances of having my question answered or any topic regarding ATS I want to debate being debated. I would have thought that the point of the “Board Business and Questions” forum would have been the place to post question not an ATS issues thread. Also I really don’t see what’s wrong with using this forum to complain as I think that complaints count as “Board Business”.

So Why is this done, why are our threads shut down if they do not brake T&C’s?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If you need an answer and don't want to wait for staff to check the Issues Thread, why not U2U a staff member?

You can check the Board page and see who is online at the time and contact them directly.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Don’t get me wrong that is a good Idea and i have done that before. Quite often though rightly or wrongly other members like to get into discussions on this forum and its really annoying when a thread is shut down in the middle of a discussion.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Going to make this clear, than I am shutting down your thread.

We don't want a bunch of threads covering the same subject over and over with the same stuff rehashed over and over. If you don't have the patience to read a thread that has hundreds of replies on it, sorry. That isn't reason enough to open a new thread where all the same stuff can keep getting added again.

As far as older threads, we generally, but not always, depends on the subject, allow a new thread on a subject, if the older thread has been inactive for more than 6 months or so.

As far as the Issues thread. Although the thread may be huge, how many of those are staff responses to questions? The thread is monitored and replied to all the time by staff and owners. I think you should have a look at the thread before saying it is too big, my questions will be lost. Also, members with knowledge of the subjects you may asking about answer as well. It IS the best place for questions about the board.

Your comments have all been covered,

Thread closed.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

new topics

top topics

join