It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1 Billion Muslims and Growing

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The problem is lack of education, jobs, and literacy. The people who are recruited into the Taliban and Al Queda are Muslims, but can't read the Quran. The Al Queda religious leaders "translate" the Quran for them, since they can't read it, and tell them that inorder to go to heaven, they must kill non-Muslims. Simply put, this is not what the Quran states. They misguide the people, with no intentions of really teaching them about Islam.

I travel to areas in the Middle East that have areas of high illiteracy and teach the people how to read, so they aren't recruited by the Taliban or Al Queda, and so they aren't told what's not really in the Quran.

What they're doing is not a religious movement, but a politcal one. The Taliban and Al Queda are doing this to further their politcal move, in the guise of it being under "Islam."

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The problem is lack of education, jobs, and literacy. The people who are recruited into the Taliban and Al Queda are Muslims, but can't read the Quran. The Al Queda religious leaders "translate" the Quran for them, since they can't read it, and tell them that inorder to go to heaven, they must kill non-Muslims. Simply put, this is not what the Quran states. They misguide the people, with no intentions of really teaching them about Islam.

I travel to areas in the Middle East that have areas of high illiteracy and teach the people how to read, so they aren't recruited by the Taliban or Al Queda, and so they aren't told what's not really in the Quran.

What they're doing is not a religious movement, but a politcal one. The Taliban and Al Queda are doing this to further their politcal move, in the guise of it being under "Islam."

i dont disagree with you......but
islam wich is a teaching from the quran is slowley growing in europe at an alarming rate. infact islam is causing alarm in many countrys around the world. in australia a sydney imam said that any australian woman on the beach [is like a rotten peice of meat left out for the flys], this statment caused an inocent woman on a train to be raped 25 times !!!, london is alos becoming way to islamic. i dont care for the quran teachings so that makes me an unbeliever. according to the quran & its teachings apparently means im to be treated as scum of the earth !!!. it seems even if you can read the quran where ever you live the quran teaches that followers of islam grand plan is to take over the entire world by any means posible. islam it also seems is the only apparent religioun that refuses to live in peace with any other religion !!!. so if you look at the bigger picture, the apparent war on terror is realy the beginnings of world war 3, the war of islam against every one els.
i have no desire to become islamic. i cherish my freedoms & my culture dont you ?. or would you rather defend islam whilst it nibbles away at your culture & freedoms too ?.
the quran does not agree with your democracy.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by the animator

i dont disagree with you......but

A lot of what you said is not true, its almost funny.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

i second that. he just repeated the same xenophobic and bigoted stuff you hear all the time...

however, i would like to say that i am no friend of islam, just an enemy of the idiotic assaults on it. they tend to come from christians... who forget to realize that their religion is essentially on the same level of islam... they hold such horrid double standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join